Crosby vs the flyers (crosby is too good for this league)

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheKingPin

Nov 16, 2005
Philadelphia, PA
Or maybe they will triple the # of cups the Flyers have with a championship this year..

Eh, first off not likely.

Second, the pens have been massively lucky to get Crosby and Malkin one go around and Mario and Jagr the other. Even if they did tank. I imagine Malkin going to the caps and ov going to the pens means less cups to the pens. Possibly even no cups. For example we finished last and lost the lottery for Kane who beat us in the finals and took
JVR who is no Malkin. It’s an embarrassment of riches that came to good luck.

The flyers however have had bad luck. Lindros was the next one. He certainly would have won cups with better health. One of his big injuries came in the playoffs. And we paid a shit load for him. Pronger lead us to a cup final. We traded a lot for him and likely traded Richard and carter bc of him and then his career ended. Primeau almost lead us to a cup himself and then he got a concussion.

So the pens got extremely lucky while we lost Lindros, Pronger, and Primeau to career ending concussions. I’d say things could have been at least a cup different. And usually luck evens out so i would bet it will be different in time.

Nadal On Clay

Djokovic > Nadal > Federer
Oct 11, 2017

Second, the pens have been massively lucky to get Crosby and Malkin one go around and Mario and Jagr the other. Even if they did tank. I imagine Malkin going to the caps and ov going to the pens means less cups to the pens. Possibly even no cups. For example we finished last and lost the lottery for Kane who beat us in the finals and took

The flyers however have had bad luck. Lindros was the next one. He certainly would have won cups with better health. One of his big injuries came in the playoffs. And we paid a **** load for him. Pronger lead us to a cup final. We traded a lot for him and likely traded Richard and carter bc of him and then his career ended. Primeau almost lead us to a cup himself and then he got a concussion.

So the pens got extremely lucky while we lost Lindros, Pronger, and Primeau to career ending concussions. I’d say things could have been at least a cup different. And usually luck evens out so i would bet it will be different in time.

So lucky that it’s the 1st time Crosby plays 82 games in a RS...

Injuries are bad luck to everyone...

Bumpus

Shhh ...
Mar 4, 2008
WV

The flyers however have had bad luck. Lindros was the next one. He certainly would have won cups with better health. One of his big injuries came in the playoffs. And we paid a **** load for him. Pronger lead us to a cup final. We traded a lot for him and likely traded Richard and carter bc of him and then his career ended. Primeau almost lead us to a cup himself and then he got a concussion.

*sniffle*

Such a tale of woe.

I commend you for summoning the strength each morning to rise from what one must only assume is a bed of nails and consume your daily bowl of gruel ... While those dastardly undeserving SOB's from across the state spring from their slumber each day to bright sunshine and the melodious sound of harps strumming gently in the background.

You are truly heroic. The struggle is real. :laugh:

Reactions: 99664987

TheKingPin

Nov 16, 2005
Philadelphia, PA
*sniffle*

Such a tale of woe.

I commend you for summoning the strength each morning to rise from what one must only assume is a bed of nails and consume your daily bowl of gruel ... While those dastardly undeserving SOB's from across the state spring from their slumber each day to bright sunshine and the melodious sound of harps strumming gently in the background.

You are truly heroic. The struggle is real. :laugh:
Haha ok. I think you missed the context, point, words - I think you missed the whole damn thing. Either that or you’re trying to be funny/obnoxious. Either way it’s sad. I’m sad for you now, on my bed of nails. Thoughts and prayers.

GordieHowsUrBreath

Nostalgia... STOP DWELLING ON THE PAST
Jun 16, 2016
You called Draper a cry baby and he has 4 ,So using your very own logic he is more manly than Your boy Mario and your boy Sid.
I can live with thst.

what exactly is the argument for giroux being twice the man of crosby? that's my point, he has nothing over crosby in his career

and yes draper is a cry baby and a role player at best, not a guy claimed to be the best in the world like claudia

Doodootheclown

Oct 24, 2011
DelCo
I’d say the pride was a career high in goals, assists, and points, hopefully an MVP...at 30. He may end his career as the best flyer of all time. I wouldn’t hang my hat on the number of cup victories either. That’s like making fun of elderly, eventually it’ll be you.
As good as he is, he won't be the best Flyer of all time.

Jun 16, 2008
Blighty
Pens also have 3 players in the top 10 for scoring this year. So I'm not sure how "Giroux is the best player" as the league's 2nd best scorer in this series really holds a lot of water when there's a 4th (with the same PPG), 8th and 10th best on the other team.

There's plenty of other problems the Pens have but that's not really one of them, not on paper anyway.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad