Crosby Trade in Keeper League

FiveGoalBulis

Aug 18, 2017
Hey Folks,
I’m in a keeper league for first time. 12 team league. 10 keepers. 3C 3Lw 3RW 4D 2 Goalie 5 Bench. Pretty much everything counts for points.
I’m sitting second last pretty far behind. I’m not sure if it’s worth trading some of my top players (depending on return obviously). With so many keepers any draft picks I get next year won’t be as good as player traded.
My old uni roommate (guy that got me hooked on HFBoards) offered me Demko, Blackwood, Dahlin, Connor and a 2nd for Crosby, Krug, Korpisalo.
Without getting too in-depth on the rest of my team, should I be considering offers for guys like Crosby, Lindholm, Giroux, Skinner, Domi (these are some of top ranked guys on team)?
Nothing worst than getting fleeced in a trade by someone that would never let you hear the end of it. I hope he reads this.

Reactions: Notabaguette

td_ice

Peter shows the way
Aug 13, 2005
USA
Hey Folks,
I’m in a keeper league for first time. 12 team league. 10 keepers. 3C 3Lw 3RW 4D 2 Goalie 5 Bench. Pretty much everything counts for points.
I’m sitting second last pretty far behind. I’m not sure if it’s worth trading some of my top players (depending on return obviously). With so many keepers any draft picks I get next year won’t be as good as player traded.
My old uni roommate (guy that got me hooked on HFBoards) offered me Demko, Blackwood, Dahlin, Connor and a 2nd for Crosby, Krug, Korpisalo.
Without getting too in-depth on the rest of my team, should I be considering offers for guys like Crosby, Lindholm, Giroux, Skinner, Domi (these are some of top ranked guys on team)?
Nothing worst than getting fleeced in a trade by someone that would never let you hear the end of it. I hope he reads this.

Ok, so you got a lot going on with this trade, BUT it basically boils down to this, Crosby for Dahlin.

Gonna look at this in fairly broad generalizations. Breaking it down.

You got Blackwood (who I like a lot) for Korpisalo. Both are most likely gonna be the starters next year for their clubs. And goalies are such a wild card, and neither are established. Let's say they cancel out each other.

Then we go to Demko. A highly touted goalie. But has been plagued with injuries this season. Concussion, now knee. Probably the future in VAN. But again, not established. Let's take him out, as he is a lottery ticket.

Then we got Connor for Krug. Yeah, good d are a bit harder to find, but both are good at their positions. Fairly even, lets say they cancel each other out.

A 2nd round pick? Meh.........Any league with that many keepers and that many teams, the draft picks, imo, aren't worth a ton of value. You are going to most likely get a decent player. Probably nothing great.

So you are left with Crosby for Dahlin. You got Sid who is a rink rat, in tremendous shape, and has said he wants to play as long as he can. So let's say he has 7 years of good to very good production left.

Then you got Dahlin. He looks like a stud. I think a decent comparable would Victor Hedman. He could develop into that type of player.

So, if that's reasonable, it comes down to a Hedman type player and production for say, 14 years, or Crosby for another 7.

We can't see the rest of your team, but that Dmen for a FWD will come down to what you think you need more. How you view a stud Dmen vs. a stud Fwd. So those are your calls.

The other guys. Skinner is still only 26, and on an upcoming team. He should be good to keep. BUT his value is probably never going to be higher. He is someone that you want to causally dangle and see what develops there. Maybe same with Lindholm. Not with an eye to get whatever, but striking while they are at a great value. As mentioned with picks, in such a league, I personally wouldn't put a ton of value in them while trading your best players. Middling players, sure, high end, no.

FiveGoalBulis

Aug 18, 2017
Thanks for the great input. I’ll keep that in mind. I might try to take Krug out and see what happens. If it doesn’t work it doesn’t work. I think I’d rather rot in the basement than give this guy the opportunity to win it all.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad