Crosby to Moncton?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vic Rattlehead*

Wow, that would be great for Moncton. Maybe Karsums could learn a couple of things from Crosby.

Jocus

Dec 23, 2004
At the start of the year, Moncton wanted to build for next year. However, they have a chance to win this year, so they are facing a problem.

From what the GM said, they wouldn't mind trading for a few players that wouldn't play next year(this was before christmas, and before any Crosby rumors).

Could they trade a few overagers plus draft picks for the 2006 and 2007 draft? That way, they wouldn't lose much these two years. But, they would suffer for a while.

Is it still possible to borrow players? I think the Titans sent some players someplace, and the next year, they got them back. Not sure if this was an unofficial handshake agreement or if it was on paper.

ZombieMatt

May 20, 2002
I mostly agree with Jocus, although the indications I have from the organization are that they didn't know what they were going to do as of mid-December. I'm under the impression that they did not expect to be this strong, and as a result are left with a nice dilemna to have. Be great this year or be great next year.

The pieces are in place to pull off a couple of substantial deals. With the return of Caron they have too many overagers, and you can almost bet that Luke Pelham is on his way out, as well as one of their others.

But I really don't know how this pertains to a potential Crosby deal.

PEli*

Jocus said:
Is it still possible to borrow players? I think the Titans sent some players someplace, and the next year, they got them back. Not sure if this was an unofficial handshake agreement or if it was on paper.

Boomerang deals are outlawed now. After the mess that Halifax/CB created, the league put it's foot down.

ZombieMatt

May 20, 2002
PEli said:
Boomerang deals are outlawed now. After the mess that Halifax/CB created, the league put it's foot down.

Thank God too. That debaucle made a farce out of the league. Or rather, trades like that, in my opinion, detract from its credibility. They just seem ridiculous to me.

LaLaLaprise

lalalaprise -twitter
Feb 28, 2002
Halifax, Nova Scotia
Matt MacInnis said:
I still think any of this Crosby to Moncton talk is foolishness. Unless Moncton has been talking to Sidney and is banking on him being there for next season, I would be absolutely shocked if this went through.

They are too concerned about next year and the almost certainty that they will host the Memorial Cup. They need to keep that sort of thing in mind. The most valuable long term asset this team has is Brad Marchand....and I think they're way too high on him to move him.

This talk is interesting though. It's possible that Francois Caron, who Moncton just brought back to the team two days ago, may be involved in this. I'm not familar with Rimouski's Overager situation, but perhaps he is involved with this whole thing. I will be in Moncton tomorrow night and I will try to see if they will give me any indications either way.

I thought it was too. Your first paragraph says it all. If the deal were to happen Moncton would need assurance that Crosby would play at 18 if there is no NHL.

MON also would not be giving up any 88's and just one 87. They would also get stronger in goal for next year. Moncton wins all around on the deal.

With a deal of this magnitude it could surely fall through though.

ZombieMatt

May 20, 2002
La-La-Laprise said:
I thought it was too. Your first paragraph says it all. If the deal were to happen Moncton would need assurance that Crosby would play at 18 if there is no NHL.

MON also would not be giving up any 88's and just one 87. They would also get stronger in goal for next year. Moncton wins all around on the deal.

With a deal of this magnitude it could surely fall through though.

I'm not certain what you're hearing, but I can't help but question the likelihood of something like this. I'll try to find out some more information tonight, but I'm not sure anybody will be talking.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad