Crosby the only player to score more than 90 points in the 2016 calendar year

Knave

Mar 6, 2007
Ottawa
Just remember, illpucks thought the Penguins should have kept Johnston and/or that he was a good coach for us.

He's not wrong - keeping Johnston would have been good for him. By him he means himself (illpucks) and not Crosby.

pcruz

Mar 7, 2013
Vaughan
Here's the one I find most impressive:

9 Phil Kessel PIT R 82 26 48 74

Isn't that the guy so many people were harping on for being completely useless and ready to be out of the league after the terrible start to the season in Pittsburgh?

Ended up having a decent 2016 he did!

Son Goku

henlo u stinky egg
Mar 8, 2014
The World Of Void
Here's the one I find most impressive:

9 Phil Kessel PIT R 82 26 48 74

Isn't that the guy so many people were harping on for being completely useless and ready to be out of the league after the terrible start to the season in Pittsburgh?

Ended up having a decent 2016 he did!

He's been a great playmaker here this year. Really underrated IMO.

veedubn1

Jun 7, 2010
I was really worried concussions were going to derail his career. Glad to see the extra precaution he/The Pens took when he got those concussions paid off.

binop7

Jul 4, 2011
He's been a great playmaker here this year. Really underrated IMO.

Made JVR look better than he was here. He's a fantastic playmaker and awesome on the PP. Glad he's doing well there he was nothing but classy here.

BillyOcean

Jan 2, 2015
I think one of the more overlooked things on that list is that Kris Letang leads all defensemen in PPG.

For all the accolades given to bigger names like Crosby on the Penguins and defenders from the around the league like Karlsson, Subban, and Burns, Letang had probably one of the more successful calendar years for NHL players. He had the game-winning goal in the Stanley Cup and was playing the best hockey of his career in the second half of regular season last year. Injuries and his ten-cent brain (especially on the power play) are the only things that hold back such a great talent.

The Penguins got Crosby, Letang, and Joe Vitale in the same draft. Wow!

Ogrezilla

Nerf Herder
Jul 5, 2009
Pittsburgh
I think one of the more overlooked things on that list is that Kris Letang leads all defensemen in PPG.

For all the accolades given to bigger names like Crosby on the Penguins and defenders from the around the league like Karlsson, Subban, and Burns, Letang had probably one of the more successful calendar years for NHL players. He had the game-winning goal in the Stanley Cup and was playing the best hockey of his career in the second half of regular season last year. Injuries and his ten-cent brain (especially on the power play) are the only things that hold back such a great talent.

The Penguins got Crosby, Letang, and Joe Vitale in the same draft. Wow!

Letang was unreal once Sully got here last year. I'm hoping he can get back to near that level this year. A lack of consistency has always been Letang's problem. That and injuries. But for 2/3 of the season, Letang was the best D-man in the league last year. He has not been near that level this year so far.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad