Crosby signs endorsement deal with Gatorade

Status
Not open for further replies.

Old Hickory

This is great news for Hockey. Gatorade will do a better job of promoting him and hockey than the NHL will ever do.

Lanny MacDonald*

Wow, and he did this IN Canada without being in a Leafs jersey??? I thought this wasn't possible??? I thought you had to be a Maple Leafs to make any endorsement money in Canada and in the NHL. Well, another balloon burst for the Toronto Media.

:sarcasm:

joepeps

Jan 2, 2004
Toronto
Visit site
The Iconoclast said:
Wow, and he did this IN Canada without being in a Leafs jersey??? I thought this wasn't possible??? I thought you had to be a Maple Leafs to make any endorsement money in Canada and in the NHL. Well, another balloon burst for the Toronto Media.

Your comments are dumb and revolting.......... and you need to stop generalizing and assume things... thank you :shakehead

Lanny MacDonald*

joepeps said:
Your comments are dumb and revolting.......... and you need to stop generalizing and assume things... thank you :shakehead

My comments are directed at the Toronto media. Both Steve Simmons and Al Srachan have said that Crosby will be best served playing in Toronto because its the only place he will get the endorsements he deserves. The Toronto media just continues to be proven wrong in their efforts to feed the delusions of their readers.

Habs4Life

Aug 29, 2003
Saint John, NB
The Iconoclast said:
My comments are directed at the Toronto media. Both Steve Simmons and Al Srachan have said that Crosby will be best served playing in Toronto because its the only place he will get the endorsements he deserves. The Toronto media just continues to be proven wrong in their efforts to feed the delusions of their readers.

Agreed.. This is the only reason why the leafs have all this money to spend on old washed up players...

joepeps

Jan 2, 2004
Toronto
Visit site
The Iconoclast said:

sorry lol... you know how it is.. everyone loves to take cheap shots...

lol next time say Stachan and Simmons... :teach:

arnie

Dec 20, 2004
RangerBoy said:
Junior hockey star Sidney Crosby has signed a multi-year endorsement deal with the sports drink company Gatorade

http://news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=story&u=/cpress/20050705/ca_pr_on_jr_ho/hky_gatorade_crosby_1

First Reebok and now Gatorade

Sid needs to make up for some of the lost cash with the $850,000 entry level cap :)

This is perfect. A recent study published a Denistry Jourbal showed that Gatorade literallty rots your teeth, far worse than coke or any soda pop. Hockey players get their teeth knocked out, so that they can drink all the Gatorade they want with no problems.

Got to hand it to Gatorade. It's a genius marketing strategy to get around all the bad publicity they got when this study came out.

Spungo*

The Iconoclast said:

Toronto, New York or Los Angeles. Nowhere else would Crosby be able to maximize his endorsement potential.

Timmy

Feb 2, 2005
arnie said:
This is perfect. A recent study published a Denistry Jourbal showed that Gatorade literallty rots your teeth, far worse than coke or any soda pop. Hockey players get their teeth knocked out, so that they can drink all the Gatorade they want with no problems.

Got to hand it to Gatorade. It's a genius marketing strategy to get around all the bad publicity they got when this study came out.

How does it compare to Kool-Aid?

shakes

Pep City
Aug 20, 2003
Visit site
Habs4Life said:
Agreed.. This is the only reason why the leafs have all this money to spend on old washed up players...

What is? Did you just randomly quote a post so you could say that the Leafs spend money on washed up players?

Now in response to the coherent posts...

Wow, and he did this IN Canada without being in a Leafs jersey??? I thought this wasn't possible??? I thought you had to be a Maple Leafs to make any endorsement money in Canada and in the NHL. Well, another balloon burst for the Toronto Media

Obviously, Crosby is a special case, but do you honestly believe that he wouldn't maximize his endorsement potential being in Toronto or New York rather than some other city?

nyrmessier011

Feb 9, 2005
Charlotte/NYC
missK said:
It was in the last season, who knows if it will be again with some advertisers deciding to spend their money elsewhere.

yea, hopefully this year bettman can score a profit sharing deal with some juice box drink.

Lanny MacDonald*

Spungo said:
Toronto, New York or Los Angeles. Nowhere else would Crosby be able to maximize his endorsement potential.

Riiiiiiiiiiight!!! Because Nike would never pick anyone to be their poster-boys from say, Calgary or Vancouver. No, those ads with Iginla and Naslund are a figment of people's imaginations.

:shakehead

Large_Farva*

The Iconoclast said:
Riiiiiiiiiiight!!! Because Nike would never pick anyone to be their poster-boys from say, Calgary or Vancouver. No, those ads with Iginla and Naslund are a figment of people's imaginations.

:shakehead

That's one thing. Spungo is finally officially right for the 1st time, brah.

Lanny MacDonald*

Large_Farva said:
That's one thing. Spungo is finally officially right for the 1st time, brah.

No, I think I just proved Spunghead Squarepants wrong. The fact that Iginla has national promotional deals with multiple companies, playing in the small market of Cagary, shows that it does not matter where you are playing as long as you are at the top of your game.

And WTF is "brah"? Sounds like something you do after drinking 10 beers and eating two plates of cauliflower.

Spungo*

The Iconoclast said:
No, I think I just proved Spunghead Squarepants wrong. The fact that Iginla has national promotional deals with multiple companies, playing in the small market of Cagary, shows that it does not matter where you are playing as long as you are at the top of your game.

And WTF is "brah"? Sounds like something you do after drinking 10 beers and eating two plates of cauliflower.

I said "maximize". Toronto is the hockey media capital of the planet earth. If Crosby is actually a superstar, he will get endorsements no matter where he plays, but that potential could only be maximized in Toronto, New York or Los Angeles. Look at Gretzky's first year in LA for proof.

Vomiting Kermit*

The Iconoclast said:
'Dog the Bounty Hunter' on A&E
Tuesdays @ 9-10pm ET
Wednesdays @ 8-9pm ET

brah, brah, brah brah brah brah asdlj;fsakd

/error

.selfdestruct

Benji Frank

Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
The Iconoclast said:

What the article didn't mention was that Gatorade got their hands on the results of next weeks lottery.... :sarcasm: :razz:

Mess

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Leafs Home Board
Seems like Crosby is able to generate more sponsors and endorsements for himself then Bettman is for the struggling NHL ..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->