Status
Not open for further replies.

HabsoluteFate

Nov 28, 2002
Visit site
According to this sportsnet.ca link:
http://www.sportsnet.ca/hockey/article.jsp?content=20050307_180820_5024

Reebok will annouce on Tuesday a 5 year deal with Sidney Crosby
(with an option for a 6th year) to wear the Reebok logo.
Apparently this deal will be the largest ever given to a hockey player...even if you include the likes of Lemieux and Gretzky at their top form.

I hope this deal doesn't go over his head considering he hasn't even played an NHL game yet.
Looking forward to see how his NHL career pans out! Too bad the odds of him playing for his favorite team are about NIL (The Habs)...wherever he ends up he should make that team more interesting offensively.
It should be interesting to see how the NHL draft is figured out should there be a deal sometime this summer...

mr gib

Sep 19, 2004
vancouver
www.bigtopkarma.com
Bicycle Repairman said:
This will probably rule out Crosby playing professionally in any other league not named the NHL, given Reebok's league licensing deal. Such a clause would undoubtedly be included and perfectly reasonable.
not if they don't get a draft going - he will not be a replacement player - lotsa other option's -

Bicycle Repairman

Jul 1, 2003
Visit site
mr gib said:
not if they don't get a draft going - he will not be a replacement player - lotsa other option's -

I never mentioned Crosby becoming a NHL replacement player. I was thinking specifically of the WHA.

Worse comes to worse, Crosby spends another year in the QMJHL. He'd have the option of entering the NHL on his own timetable.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->