Crosby passes Ovechkin in all-time scoring

koyvoo

Nov 8, 2014
Ironically, Crosby only took it back tonight because Ovi has been injured
There’s a difference.

When Ovie overtook Crosby last time due to Crosby’s injury, their scoring pace that season would only see Ovie jump Sid in such a scenario.

This time around, it would’ve still happened even Ovie remained healthy, based on the pace they were producing.

43sfriends

Dec 2, 2018
Goals aren't the same thing as assists. They are completely different players. When will people realize this.

Reactions: Tmu84

Zuluss

May 19, 2011
That has already happened before, about two years ago.
Did not last long though.

jcs0218

Apr 20, 2018
There’s a difference.

When Ovie overtook Crosby last time due to Crosby’s injury, their scoring pace that season would only see Ovie jump Sid in such a scenario.

This time around, it would’ve still happened even Ovie remained healthy, based on the pace they were producing.
Exactly.

It is kind of like Michael Phelps vs. a great white shark.

Phelps can swim as fast as he wants, but the great white shark is going to catch him sooner or later.

Reactions: kladorf2005

Demandedace

Apr 9, 2015
Exactly.

It is kind of like Michael Phelps vs. a great white shark.

Phelps can swim as fast as he wants, but the great white shark is going to catch him sooner or later.
I’m stealing this analogy for various other unrelated things. I love it.

Dominance

99-66-4-9-87/97
Sep 30, 2017
The Land of Hockey
Anyone ever notice that the onus is always on the anti-Sid group to explain why Ovi is better than Sid but no one ever has to argue that Sid is better than Ovi?
Well, yeah. They have two options to strive to skirt the obvious.

1) The obligatory but no less arbitrary “GOALS UBER ALLES!”

2) Laughably circuitous arguments.

Roshi

Feb 7, 2013
Finland
Well it took some time! Congrats for now.

As for the record I strongly disagree with the hair statement. I think Ovies grey bear look is great.

Anyone ever notice that the onus is always on the anti-Sid group to explain why Ovi is better than Sid but no one ever has to argue that Sid is better than Ovi?

Yeah, so you never visited any topic about Ovie. The need for both sides to jump in is both, annoying and great, but I would say that you are calling for argumenting when the topic is specifically about both. What a rivalry!

Reactions: Tmu84

Kuz

May 11, 2015
Update me when Crosby comes close to Ovechkin in primary points please.

alphabetical

May 8, 2013
It'll be interesting to see who's healthier to end their career. I expect that'll have a big impact upon the eventual point leader.

905PENS

Oskee wee wee
Apr 9, 2013
Hamilton Ontario
Both are the best players of their generation. Who cares who’s better, they’re both great at their game.

Yup I used to buy into this one vs the other.... Not I'm just happy I've been able to witness the two best players from my generation.

Obviously Crosby is going to have more points in fewer games than AO....
Obviously AO is gonna have a majority of his points in goals... Both of these are amazing haha

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->