Crosby/Ovechkin Video on the Net?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dr_Chimera*

target said:
GET YOUR FACRS STRAIGHT!! CrosbyWAS the top scorer in the entire tourney, and was top scorer for team Canada at U18 in August, the first underager to play for Canada in history.

Ovechkin did NOT domonate at the U20 last year in Halifax at all, he had one good game (hattrick) all goals were wrist shots, he is agreat player but plays one way, and his best asset is his shot, what did he do two years ago as a 16 year old at the tourney?

I believe he finished with 6 goals in 6 games - playing in the tournament in his non-draft year - something Kovalchuk actually did not do. So, that cannot possibly be a bad thing.

He wasn't THE dominant player for Russia in that tourney, but he didn't have to be. Ishmatov did the right thing by coaching his players to play as a team and not rely on one guy - most of the icetime in fact went to the older kids like Perezhogin and Grigorenko, not Ovechkin.

But Alex did well and I would expect more consistency from him this time as he will be the go-to guy. Nonetheless, Ovechkin already has a better U-20 WJC history than Kovalchuk, so if that is any indication of his future, he'll do just fine.

Frankly, I don't think Crosby will do as well as Alex O at the tournament, but that'll be not a reason for anyone to rip one's hair out - just like Ovechkin last year, Crosby will not play the go-to guy's role - he'll be the second-third line guy at best and if he gets a point-a-game, everyone should be happy.

LaLaLaprise

lalalaprise -twitter
Feb 28, 2002
Halifax, Nova Scotia
Dr_Chimera said:
I believe he finished with 6 goals in 6 games - playing in the tournament in his non-draft year - something Kovalchuk actually did not do. So, that cannot possibly be a bad thing.

He wasn't THE dominant player for Russia in that tourney, but he didn't have to be. Ishmatov did the right thing by coaching his players to play as a team and not rely on one guy - most of the icetime in fact went to the older kids like Perezhogin and Grigorenko, not Ovechkin.

But Alex did well and I would expect more consistency from him this time as he will be the go-to guy. Nonetheless, Ovechkin already has a better U-20 WJC history than Kovalchuk, so if that is any indication of his future, he'll do just fine.

Frankly, I don't think Crosby will do as well as Alex O at the tournament, but that'll be not a reason for anyone to rip one's hair out - just like Ovechkin last year, Crosby will not play the go-to guy's role - he'll be the second-third line guy at best and if he gets a point-a-game, everyone should be happy.

Personally i dont know why people keep starting threads about these 2. Everyone has their preference, and at this point in time no one knows who will be better in 5 years.

Also i dont know why people are going to compare the 2004 WJHC of Sideny to the 2003 WJHC of Alex? Consdiering Sidney would be a year younger.

Perhaps we should compare 2005 for Sidney up against Ovechins 6 goals 1 assist in 2003.

Dr_Chimera*

La-La-Laprise said:
Personally i dont know why people keep starting threads about these 2. Everyone has their preference, and at this point in time no one knows who will be better in 5 years.

Also i dont know why people are going to compare the 2004 WJHC of Sideny to the 2003 WJHC of Alex? Consdiering Sidney would be a year younger.

Perhaps we should compare 2005 for Sidney up against Ovechins 6 goals 1 assist in 2003.

I wouldn't put much stock in tourney scoring comparisons at all - unless of course someone is really ripping them up. As I said, Kovalchuk didn't do much in his u20 WJC history.

LaLaLaprise

lalalaprise -twitter
Feb 28, 2002
Halifax, Nova Scotia
skatman said:
Let`s see if This Crosby(???) will match Ovechkin`s 14+4 (WJC18 2002)
in the upcoming wjc18 tournament next year.......at that time crosby will be 2 months older than ovechkin was.....
Crosby wont be at the U18. I believe the rule is if you play U20 than you cant go back and play U18.

Therefore Crosby wont be eligible if he makes U20 Team Canada.

LaLaLaprise

lalalaprise -twitter
Feb 28, 2002
Halifax, Nova Scotia
Dr_Chimera said:
I wouldn't put much stock in tourney scoring comparisons at all - unless of course someone is really ripping them up. As I said, Kovalchuk didn't do much in his u20 WJC history.

Good call. Zherdev is a good example of that. He didnt do anything in the toruny because he was stuck on the 3rd line. Yet he is a much better prospect than say Taratukhin who out-scored him by a wide margin.

target

Sep 10, 2002
nova scotia
Visit site
skatman said:
Let`s see if This Crosby(???) will match Ovechkin`s 14+4 (WJC18 2002)
in the upcoming wjc18 tournament next year.......at that time crosby will be 2 months older than ovechkin was.....

only one month older, crosby august 7, ovechkin september 17th.

KariyaIsGod*

Foppa_Rules said:
Ovechkin started at 7, Crosby started at 4. That's 3 years.

Ovechkin is older than him.. Redo your calculations.

Zine

Feb 28, 2002
Rostov-on-Don
target said:
GET YOUR FACRS STRAIGHT!! CrosbyWAS the top scorer in the entire tourney, and was top scorer for team Canada at U18 in August, the first underager to play for Canada in history.QUOTE]

I don't know if you are referring goals or points, but Crosby was NOT the leading point getter in that U-18 tournament. While he did lead team Canada in points, I think he ended up around 7th in overall scoring. And like Chimera said he went pointless in the 3 games vs the Czechs.

Slay

May 24, 2003
Krasnoyarsk
La-La-Laprise said:
You sure?

He played U18 then U20 didnt he?

Yes, and then again at U18 in Yaroslavl last April

La-La-Laprise said:
Or was he at the same U18 as Crosby?

I think you meant World Cup U18 in August, nope Ovechkin didn't play there, I think he wasn't eligible because he was born in 1985.

LaLaLaprise

lalalaprise -twitter
Feb 28, 2002
Halifax, Nova Scotia
Slay said:
Yes, and then again at U18 in Yaroslavl last April

I think you meant World Cup U18 in August, nope Ovechkin didn't play there, I think he wasn't eligible because he was born in 1985.

Youre probably right. Im not 100% sure on the IIHF tourneys. I know one thing for sure. He can not play U17 and U20 in same year because they occur at the same time :)

Jeffrey

Feb 2, 2003
Montreal
Visit site
Well im a Ovechkin fan but to deny crosby skills is only stupid !!
Crosby is a Real special talents ... he started to practise with NHL player !! at 15!! Each time we though that crosby hype was ridiculous he just made us eat crow (lots of people here though that he won't be that dominant in the Q .. but he's by far the best player of the league even if he's 4 year younger..also he'll make WJC team at 16 (he'll join players as Gretzky,Lemieux,Spezza and Bouwmeester!!)
Crosby will be a better version of Paul Kariya(faster,grittier) IMO !!
and Ovechkin a better version of Alexander Mogilny ...
both will be special players...
I have to give a small advantage to crosby in terms of talents... but !!! Ovechkin is by far a better all around player !

keep in mind that it's very hard to judge them since they don't play in the same league !

we'll see at the WJC!! ;)

Erngueva

Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
Dr_Chimera said:

Mario Durocher said he will more likely be the number one center.. So i guess we can consider him a lock for the second line...

Bud The Spud*

Kryoptix said:
we'll see at the WJC!! ;)

Yeah, a better judgment can be made when they are actually playing against eachother. Can't wait! :D

gb701

Feb 21, 2003
Visit site
are we going to make this one a sticky too???

hasn't everything that needs to be said on the topic been said?

bye

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->