Crosby/Ovechkin Video on the Net?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Heat McManus

Nov 27, 2003
Alexandria, VA
But the fact is that Ovechkin is playing outstanding in a league that is likely better or at least comparable with the AHL. Crosby seems to me like a bit more of a risk.

True, but Ovechkin is nearly 2 years older than Crosby.

I'm not sure how this whole comparison thing got started. Nice to see, but to clear it up: That wasn't my intention when I asked for the clips of the 2 players.

I've read interviews with both of these guys and the thing that strikes me as the most impressive fact is that both of these kids have a dedication to winning and have stayed humble. Yeah, they COULD be playing the role and if they are then they're playing it well.

I haven't watched the Ovechkin videos yet, but have seen a few things on Sidney and the amazing thing is he makes complex moves look routine and simple.

Overall, I've heard from Gretzky that Crosby is the most talented player he's seen since Lemiuex.
I've also heard that Ovechkin is Kovalchuk minus the attitude. Either way you win.

SpezNc2

Mar 3, 2002
Foppa_Rules said:
"He definetly knows what he wants. I think he will be as good as everybody predicts. On top of his skills, he has a big hockey heart. Sometimes during practices I have to stop him and cool him down."

Find something like that about Crosby. Is there anything???

Yes there is something....

Crosby also during some pratices someone have tos top him and cool him down...

So shut up if you don't know crosby..

Both are great.

I don't say that Crosby is better because I have only seen Alex one time in my life. And only on TV... But I don't pretent to know Ochekin...

Make the same and don,t rpetent you know Crosby because it's just not the case..

Everyone here know that you're a BIG TIME ANTI_CROSBY.

When you wrote someting bad about Sidney... It's just worthless.... because it's

DUH

Slick Nick

Oct 29, 2003
Montréal
Visit site
KariyaIsGod said:
When he was about 4.

Well, other than all of the quotes by Bob Mckenzie and every other hockey analyst out there? Well, some guy named Gretzky said a little something like that about him too...

Stop bad mouthing Crosby. You sound like an idiot.

Oh yeah that Gretzky guy...that guy who gets all red when the journalists ask him if his folks are really from Belarus, and all of this gets sensored on canadian TV...like it was so shamefull to canadians that Gretzky's granpa was from that odd country.

Do you really think Gretzky would say a russian baby eating comrad could beat his records...please.

Tho I also think Foppa got to far with the Ovechkihn vs Crosby thing.

gibber1600

Aug 6, 2003
Great white north
Foppa_Rules said:
I think Crosbykins is pampered. It's not good for hockey players to be pampered. Ovechkin isn't pampered. How old was Crosby when he started skating?
What is your problem!!!!!!!!! Slow Down, relax.They are both going to be exciting to watch. I need something positive out of hockey for s change!
Ithink crosby is on pace for like 180pts as a 16 year old. WOW :bow:

Les Zarbites

MrKnowNothing said:
Ovechkin is a complete player who is showing that he can play against the size and talent he would face in the NHL. I will probably get lambasted for saying this, but I would support the Penguins trading next year's first round pick if it meant guaranteeing the top pick and Ovechkin.

Well I can't blame you for thinking that. If you can secure one of the two you should.

paul99

Sep 5, 2003
Montreal, PQ
Foppa_Rules said:
Oh, yes. I have 20 videos of Ovechkin's triumphs. I have no idea about Crosby video but you can find Ovechkin video at these two links:
Ovechkin Video source #1 Ovechkin Video Source #2

The second source is in Russian but the video is much clearer. In the Second source Ovechkin is written like this: Овечкин So you can just click on all the videos that say that. Look for #32 , #8, or #10 in the videos, depending on the team he is playing on. The videos in the first source take about 20 minutes to download where the videos in source #2 take about 4 minutes. But all the videos in source #2 are of him playing for Dynamo Moscow, the videos in source #1 are a mix of the national team and dynamo. I downloaded them all. Happy viewing!!!

Here are videos of Crosby...

http://novascotia.cbc.ca/tv/canadan...crosby_home.ram

http://novascotia.cbc.ca/tv/canadan...16ns_crosby.ram

http://novascotia.cbc.ca/tv/canadan...s_sydcrosby.ram

Foppa_Rules

Nov 1, 2003
Earth...how about you?
Gretzky's opinion can't really be counted as fact because how does HE know??? How does he have any idea how Crosby will play against men?? Ovechkin has proved he can play well against men, and can dominate those of his own age group. Crosby has yet to get there. The Superleague is the second best league in the world. Crosby's Q-something-or-other is somewhere below that. We'll see how they both play at the WJ championships. And if Crosby was born in 1987 and he started skating at 4, that means he started skating in 1991. Ovechkin was born in 1985 and started skating when he was 7, in 1992. That means Crosby has actually been skating for 1 year longer than Ovechkin has. And it shows how hard Ovechkin had to work to become the skater and player he is with such a late start.

moosefan

Feb 27, 2002
Halifax, Nova Scotia
just remember that comments like this come from uneducated posters looking for attention of this board.

Foppa_Rules said:
Ovechkin played with a plastic stick and a puck at age 2 then started skating at 7 and playing on a team at 9.

It seems that he knows nothing about Crosby but just starts the argument to get people going since Ovechkin and Crosby is going to be a big vs match at this years WJC if Crosby makes it.

I like both players...to me Crosby more I have seen both play live and I like Crosby more out there. As for the comment that Crosby is scoring against junior goalies...that is right but these are the goalies that come to be stars in the NHL...Russia isn't exactly known for their standout goalies, Crosby has scored on some of the best goalies for his age in Corey Crawford, Jeff Deslauriers, Jeff Frazee, I think he played against Corey Schnider as well and had a few points, last year he was killing Josh Harding at the Canada camp in Halifax during the summer time and he scored two games against Marc-Andre Fleury in the scrimmage he played with the team one day. So to say he isn't scoring against good goalies is a bad comment. They are both different style of players in different leagues, both are proving in their respective ways that they are so far living up to the hype surrounding them.

moosefan

Feb 27, 2002
Halifax, Nova Scotia
Foppa_Rules said:
Gretzky's opinion can't really be counted as fact because how does HE know??? How does he have any idea how Crosby will play against men?? Ovechkin has proved he can play well against men, and can dominate those of his own age group. Crosby has yet to get there. The Superleague is the second best league in the world. Crosby's Q-something-or-other is somewhere below that. We'll see how they both play at the WJ championships. And if Crosby was born in 1987 and he started skating at 4, that means he started skating in 1991. Ovechkin was born in 1985 and started skating when he was 7, in 1992. That means Crosby has actually been skating for 1 year longer than Ovechkin has. And it shows how hard Ovechkin had to work to become the skater and player he is with such a late start.

Though Ovechkin is playing in the Super League IMO does not give him that much of an advantage over Crosby...Pavel Vorobiev played in the SL last year and did very well and he isn't ripping up the score sheets, Denis Grebeshkov played there last year as well and he never made the NHL this year he is in the minors, Alexander Semin played SL last year he is an offensive forward who only has 4 points in 16 games, and the list can keep going on...are these players bad...NO, but it is taking them time to get use to the North American style game. Crosby plays the North American style game but in a league of younger players, so both leagues have its upside and downfalls. Eric Staal, Jay Bouwmeester, Patrice Bergeron and many others made the jump right from junior to the NHL better than other superleague players did recently, so don't only shoot down Crosby becuase he playes in a league that produced some of the games all-time best and as there are no facts showing that the super league is a better development league than the CHL or NCAA. Your only fact that Ovechkin is better than Crosby is that he plays in a mens league, but if Ovechkin lived over here he would be playing CHL like Crosby as well, and the fact is if Crosby is dominatin a league where most guys are 2 years older then him then maybe he is to good for the CHL right now eh, but he can't do nothing about that. But so far guys like Horton, Staal, Bergeron, Brown, Lupul, Bouwmeester, Burns and others are doing a better job then some superleague guys who have came over so your theory is down the drain, so if the superleague is so superior to the CHL why aren't they comming over dominating right away then???????????????? It still take adjustment time.

Last edited:

Foppa_Rules

Nov 1, 2003
Earth...how about you?
Ovechkin Rules

Players like who coming over from the superleague?? We'll see next month what Sydneykins can do. Who do you think will win the staredown at the opening faceoff?? I bet I can guess :yo:

IkeaMonkey*

moosefan said:
Though Ovechkin is playing in the Super League IMO does not give him that much of an advantage over Crosby...Pavel Vorobiev played in the SL last year and did very well and he isn't ripping up the score sheets, Denis Grebeshkov played there last year as well and he never made the NHL this year he is in the minors, Alexander Semin played SL last year he is an offensive forward who only has 4 points in 16 games, and the list can keep going on...are these players bad...NO, but it is taking them time to get use to the North American style game. Crosby plays the North American style game but in a league of younger players, so both leagues have its upside and downfalls. Eric Staal, Jay Bouwmeester, Patrice Bergeron and many others made the jump right from junior to the NHL better than other superleague players did recently, so don't only shoot down Crosby becuase he playes in a league that produced some of the games all-time best and as there are no facts showing that the super league is a better development league than the CHL or NCAA. Your only fact that Ovechkin is better than Crosby is that he plays in a mens league, but if Ovechkin lived over here he would be playing CHL like Crosby as well, and the fact is if Crosby is dominatin a league where most guys are 2 years older then him then maybe he is to good for the CHL right now eh, but he can't do nothing about that. But so far guys like Horton, Staal, Bergeron, Brown, Lupul, Bouwmeester, Burns and others are doing a better job then some superleague guys who have came over so your theory is down the drain, so if the superleague is so superior to the CHL why aren't they comming over dominating right away then???????????????? It still take adjustment time.

Semin wasnt even played the first what, 6 games? When he was dressed he started playing on the 3rd line.Semin also didnt start scoring well in the SL until the playoffs right?I dont know much about Vorobiev, but I can guess he wasnt on the top 2 lines in Chicago either.

Staal, for 75% of the time since the preseason was getting Top 2 line/PP playtime.JBo was also getting top 2 pairing time right? Even then,last season, he only had 16 points in 82 games with a -29.Yes, it does take 2way Dmen more time to develop, but for a guy who had comparisons to Chris Pronger, I was greatly disappointed.I have no idea where Bergeron came from, but he rules :)

Zine

Feb 28, 2002
Rostov-on-Don
:eek: :eek:
moosefan said:
But so far guys like Horton, Staal, Bergeron, Brown, Lupul, Bouwmeester, Burns and others are doing a better job then some superleague guys who have came over so your theory is down the drain, so if the superleague is so superior to the CHL why aren't they comming over dominating right away then???????????????? It still take adjustment time.

Guys like Horton, Staal, Bergeron, Nash, etc. are the cream of the crop from the CHL. You make it sound like everyone from the CHL is at their level. Sidney is certainly not playing against competition as talented as them.
It is also unfair to compare the two leagues by giving an example of guys like Vorobiev, Grebeshkov or Semin. While they were certainly three of the more talened youngsters in the RSL, Vorobiev, Grebeshkov and Semin were certainly not the cream of the crop of the RSL last year (unlike the CHLers you mentioned of their respective leagues).
There are numerous RSLers that could easily play in the NHL...a lot more than available crop of eligible CHLers. (But, believe it or not, not everyone wants to leave home to play in the NHL :eek: :eek:)
Simply put, the RSL is a mans league, the CHL is a boys league.

KariyaIsGod*

Slick Nick said:
Oh yeah that Gretzky guy...that guy who gets all red when the journalists ask him if his folks are really from Belarus, and all of this gets sensored on canadian TV...like it was so shamefull to canadians that Gretzky's granpa was from that odd country.

Do you really think Gretzky would say a russian baby eating comrad could beat his records...please.

Tho I also think Foppa got to far with the Ovechkihn vs Crosby thing.

Why would anybody care where Gretzky's grandfather is from? Why would anybody want to watchg that on TV? It's uncompelling and pointless since Grezky is Canadian. It's not censored, it's just not news worthy.

By the same token, do you really think anybody from Russia would admit that Crosby might be the better player? No.

Well, if Gretzky's opinion can't be counted, nobody's can. The same goes for the Russian coaches and whoever saying things about Ovechkin. How do they have any idea how Ovechkin will play against NHLers? THere is a big difference between SL and the NHL.

Also, your comment doesn't make sense. Crosby has proven he can dominte polayers in own age. Actually he's proven he can dominate players older than him.

Uh, his start wasn't that late. My god! ONE YEAR? Geez.

Foppa_Rules

Nov 1, 2003
Earth...how about you?
Ovechkin is not only doing well in the Superleague but he dominated the World Juniors as well. Kovalchuk dominated the World Juniors and to say that he is doing well in the NHL at this point is a huge understatement. I think Ovechkin will do just fine. Also, Kovalchuk only made it to the High League, which is to the Superleague as the AHL is to the NHL. Ovechkin made it to the Superleague as a 16-year old. He already has the exact amount of goals and assists, (8-8), this year as he did last year, and the season isn't even over yet.

KariyaIsGod*

Foppa_Rules said:
Players like who coming over from the superleague?? We'll see next month what Sydneykins can do. Who do you think will win the staredown at the opening faceoff?? I bet I can guess :yo:

Did you salt Ovechkin's nuts before you put them in your mouth?

Foppa_Rules

Nov 1, 2003
Earth...how about you?
Crosby hasn't proven he can play against players of his age group around the world, only in his Canadian league. Ovechkin has proven himself against players his age from around the world.

Zine

Feb 28, 2002
Rostov-on-Don
Foppa_Rules said:
Crosby hasn't proven he can play against players of his age group around the world, only in his Canadian league. Ovechkin has proven himself against players his age from around the world.

Good point. While Crosby has proven he can dominate with Shattuck and the Q, he has yet to do the same against top level competition.

Crosby didn't even finish in the top 5 of scorers at the recent U-17 tourney---that was a tourney of the best '86 born players (Crosby's an '87). Could you imagine Ovechkin playing against '86ers. HA!!
Ovechkin always dominates against top players a year older than himself and almost always leads the tourney in points. He tied for the lead in goals at the last WJC (against top players 2 years older).

Even against a joke Russian team, Crosby only really had 3 assists in 2 games. He was credited for a goal he didn't score. Alexander would have eaten that team for breakfast.

Both are elite talents but for Crosby to be considered as good as Ovechkin he must also dominate like Ovechkin against top level competition.

target

Sep 10, 2002
nova scotia
Visit site
Zine said:
Good point. While Crosby has proven he can dominate with Shattuck and the Q, he has yet to do the same against top level competition.

Crosby didn't even finish in the top 5 of scorers at the recent U-17 tourney---that was a tourney of the best '86 born players (Crosby's an '87). Could you imagine Ovechkin playing against '86ers. HA!!
Ovechkin always dominates against top players a year older than himself and almost always leads the tourney in points. He tied for the lead in goals at the last WJC (against top players 2 years older).

Even against a joke Russian team, Crosby only really had 3 assists in 2 games. He was credited for a goal he didn't score. Alexander would have eaten that team for breakfast.

Both are elite talents but for Crosby to be considered as good as Ovechkin he must also dominate like Ovechkin against top level competition.

GET YOUR FACRS STRAIGHT!! CrosbyWAS the top scorer in the entire tourney, and was top scorer for team Canada at U18 in August, the first underager to play for Canada in history.

Ovechkin did NOT domonate at the U20 last year in Halifax at all, he had one good game (hattrick) all goals were wrist shots, he is agreat player but plays one way, and his best asset is his shot, what did he do two years ago as a 16 year old at the tourney?

moosefan

Feb 27, 2002
Halifax, Nova Scotia
Zine said:
:eek: :eek:

Guys like Horton, Staal, Bergeron, Nash, etc. are the cream of the crop from the CHL. You make it sound like everyone from the CHL is at their level. Sidney is certainly not playing against competition as talented as them.
It is also unfair to compare the two leagues by giving an example of guys like Vorobiev, Grebeshkov or Semin. While they were certainly three of the more talened youngsters in the RSL, Vorobiev, Grebeshkov and Semin were certainly not the cream of the crop of the RSL last year (unlike the CHLers you mentioned of their respective leagues).
There are numerous RSLers that could easily play in the NHL...a lot more than available crop of eligible CHLers. (But, believe it or not, not everyone wants to leave home to play in the NHL :eek: :eek:)
Simply put, the RSL is a mans league, the CHL is a boys league.

you guys are missing the point to this post it seems like...Foppa Rules is saying that because Ovechkin is playing in a mens league he is better than Crosby, point was when they reach the NHL they are still on an even keel with the CHLers when they make it...I am not saying ala cream of the crop or anything, point was that the way he is talking that Ovechkin will dominate because he plays in the mens league but thing is they just don't come over and dominate they work themselves up as well. Read between the lines.

gb701

Feb 21, 2003
Visit site
moosefan said:
just remember that comments like this come from uneducated posters looking for attention of this board.

Moosefan - I cut the rest out to save space, but actually agree with everything you said (which as you know is rare!) :D

I think from the tone of Foppa's last post that maybe some of what was directed his way got through.

Bottom line is that nobody has to choose between the two because they are from different years - and you would expect them to both go first overall, and then to come into the league at the appropriate time and play great.

Not related to your post - but to check people who are using Gretzky's comments as support - two things: 1. Gretz is not really known as a talent scout; 2. I am told that he is involved in the Agency representing Crosby - if confirmed, he cannot be said to be exactly objective.

gb701

Feb 21, 2003
Visit site
Foppa_Rules said:
Ovechkin started at 7, Crosby started at 4. That's 3 years.

oh please...this is getting stupid (or maybe has been all along).

If Ovechkin has started at 14, this might have some relevance. What Crosby learned in the first few years is completely irrelevant to the kind of player he is - other than maybe to show that he has been passionate about the game for a long time.

Slay

May 24, 2003
Krasnoyarsk
target said:
Ovechkin did NOT domonate at the U20 last year in Halifax at all, he had one good game (hattrick) all goals were wrist shots, he is agreat player but plays one way, and his best asset is his shot, what did he do two years ago as a 16 year old at the tourney?

Actually 2 hattricks vs USA and Switzerland.
I didn't know that to have a good wrist shot (Kovalchuk) it is bad thing. Wrist shot is one of the most dangerous weapons of a hockey player, it is more accurate than slap shot and hard to catch by a goalie if wrist shot has a quick release because unlike of slap shot it is not easy to catch the moment of the wrist shot even a goalie sees the player who shoots.

But I think it is obvious that Ovechkin can score by different ways but he uses his wrist shot more often than slap shot though. I don't think that his best asset is his shot. He has very good skating, good speed and he is good passer. Look at these videos and you'll see that he can do something more than just to shoot:

http://slav1980.narod.ru/video/Ovechkin_vs_Can.avi - slap shot

few breakaways:
http://alexovechkin.narod.ru/video/ovy.avi
http://alexovechkin.narod.ru/video/dyn-sev15.9.03.avi
http://slav1980.narod.ru/video/Ovechkin_vs_USA.avi (not exactly breakaway though)

http://slav1980.narod.ru/video/Malkin.avi - Ovechkin hits, Malkin takes the puck and scores
http://slav1980.narod.ru/video/$hitikov.avi - steal by Ovechkin, nice combo and goal by $hitikov (replace "$" with "S" :))
http://slav1980.narod.ru/video/Ovy2.avi - just a goal

few hightlights:
http://slav1980.narod.ru/video/Ovy3.avi
http://slav1980.narod.ru/video/Ovy4.avi
http://slav1980.narod.ru/video/Ovy6.avi
http://slav1980.narod.ru/video/Ovy8.avi
http://slav1980.narod.ru/video/Ovy12.avi
http://alexovechkin.narod.ru/video/dyn_amour.avi

the source is slow so I hope you will be patient downloading clips.

target said:
what did he do two years ago as a 16 year old at the tourney?

He didn't play at WJC U20 2 years ago. As 16 years old he played at World U17 Championship in Selkirk, Manitoba: 5 games 12 goals and at WJC U18 in Slovakia: 8 games 18 points (14+4), 4 nations U20 tourney in Sweden that took place several days before his 17th birthday: 3 games 7 points (6+1).

As for Crosby. Honesty for me it is not clear about him yet. I haven't seen him play so I can judge only on his stats (if it is good). He is doing very well in the Q but on the World Cup U18 it wasn't so impressive performing if looking just on the stats. Canada played 3 games vs Chech and Crosby had zero points while Chech won all 3 games, but Crosby was the best scorer of his team in the entire tourney, but what was that? strength of Crosby or weak of the team that such young guy could lead his team in scoring? Or both? :dunno:

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->