crosby or ovechkin?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cole Caulifield

Apr 22, 2004
roshiajin said:
What did Crosby accomplish? Nothing.

What about him being the youngest CHL MVP winner of all time and the only one to have won it twice before hitting his 18th birthday. Or him leading the whole CHL in scoring both of these years.

If you're into team success how about him leading his junior team to one game of the memorial cup in his 2nd year while helping his team set the record for most games without a loss in the CHL or him playing on the first line of arguably the best canadian team ever assembled as a 17 years old at a tournament for 19 years old.

What you just said is incredibly silly. No 18 year old has ever accomplished as much in canadian junior hockey. You can go on saying Crosby has accomplished nothing but it just discredits you completely.

octopi

Dec 29, 2004
H N I C said:
both great talent.. will see how they perform for many years. I can't wait.

yeah, xconsidering how many people are playing to age 40, we can expect at least 15-20 years of watching these guys. Why fight about it? Sit back, relax, watch excellent hockey. Everyone wins.

WhiskeyYerTheDevils

yer leadin me astray
Sponsor
Apr 27, 2005
octopi said:
yeah, xconsidering how many people are playing to age 40, we can expect at least 15-20 years of watching these guys. Why fight about it? Sit back, relax, watch excellent hockey. Everyone wins.
YAAAAAAAHHHHHH :jump: :jump:

espo*

E = CH² said:
I'm seeing a trend develop here.

Crosby will get the "leech on Lemieux/Palffy/Gonchar" tag.

Ovechkin will get the "selfish and heartless quiter/cherry picker" tag.

I can already see the weekly threads that are going to be created after one or the other has a good game. Hear the pro-crosby people rant how Crosby is so much better because he's outscoring Ovechkin and how Ovechkin is a puckhog, has no heart, isn't a good passer (a la Kovalchuk/Nash because he has no one to pass the puck to), etc. While the pro-Ovechkin russian possee and Don Cherry lovers-Brule affectionado-Crosby haters jump to his defense and say that he would outscore Crosby if positions were reversed and how Crosby leeches off Lemieux, Palffy, Gonchar, etc. It's going to be awesome. :shakehead

We're talking about players who are 2 years apart, have completely different backgrounds, play different positions, have completely different styles, will be in completely different settings, have different skills and personality yet someone feel compelled to play the #1 russian prospect VS #1 canadian prospect card again.

Both are great prospects. Both guys haven't been locks for the #1 overall spot 1-2 years before their draft because they had weaknesses in their games (minus the occasional weirdo who thought Brule or Malkin had a chance).

But I'll say this, I have watched about 5-6 games of Ovechkin and over 50 of Crosby and from what I've seen Crosby's just as strong as Ovechkin and is just as developped. And that's even though he's 5'11/18 years old while Ovechkin is 6'2/20 years old.

Crosby has been training like a pro and with NHL pros for years. He'll probably take a pound here and there, but there's a limit to how much he can add muscles, I doubt there is an ounce of baby fat on him. He's physically and mentally the most NHL ready 18 years old I've ever seen. Wether you guys who've never watched him play or who haven't yet realized how much media pressure is on him want to believe it or not he has just as much a NHL body as Ovechkin. If Crosby doesn't have a good season, it won't be because he has yet to add meat to his body, improve his defensive awareness or improve his maturity and off-ice habits. The kid is as ready as they come.
Good post,all of it. :clap:

Mat

crosby will be centering for lemieux and recchi

and i dont wanna sound ignorant, but ovechkin will be wingning for whatshisname and whosit

crosby >>>>> ovechkin in point totals next year, but a LONG shot

octopi

Dec 29, 2004
Mat said:
crosby will be centering for lemieux and recchi

and i dont wanna sound ignorant, but ovechkin will be wingning for whatshisname and whosit

crosby >>>>> ovechkin in point totals next year, but a LONG shot

Come on, those players Ovechkin will be with have names.......
Bright Orange Pylon and Ed the substute zamboni driver and mascot.

I think Crosby will have more points than Ovechkinbecause of linemates, but I doubt it will be overwhelmingly so. I mean, with the 50 minutes a game Ovechkin will be playing, I'm sure he'll beank the odd shot in off Ed and Pylon. Poor kid. But hey, in 5 years, maybe they'll build a team the Ottawa way..get the first or second draft pick every year. Bonus if Ovechkin isn't wheeled off in a straight jacket before then covered in rabid goalie bites.

KariyaIsGod*

You're right guys...

Semin is a Pejorative Slured donkey dressed up as a man on skates...

His success in the almighty RSL was totally an absolute fluke too...

EroCaps

Aug 24, 2003
Virginia
octopi said:
Come on, those players Ovechkin will be with have names.......
Bright Orange Pylon and Ed the substute zamboni driver and mascot.

I think Crosby will have more points than Ovechkinbecause of linemates, but I doubt it will be overwhelmingly so. I mean, with the 50 minutes a game Ovechkin will be playing, I'm sure he'll beank the odd shot in off Ed and Pylon. Poor kid. But hey, in 5 years, maybe they'll build a team the Ottawa way..get the first or second draft pick every year. Bonus if Ovechkin isn't wheeled off in a straight jacket before then covered in rabid goalie bites.

Half of HF is unreadable bc of garbage posts like this.

Ovechkin will have Semin, Halpern, Cassels, Zubrus, possibly Bondra. Nash and Kovalchuck have done more with less than that.

sunnydaycrash

Feb 24, 2004
Vancouver
DrMoses said:
You're right guys...

We`ll talk once Semin pots 20-25 goals this coming season.

Zine

Feb 28, 2002
Rostov-on-Don
DrMoses said:
You're right guys...

Ovechkin and Semin won't play together. Both are LW.

chiefshockey23

Jun 17, 2005
ovechkin . he will be more physical presence and is alot stonger than crosby and probally will be better than him imo

King'sPawn

Enjoy the chaos
Jul 1, 2003
Jesus, there have been heated discussions about Gretzky and Lemieux. I know this is a "Hockey's Future" board, but asking for comparisons of two very highly hyped prospects who have yet to play a game is just asking for trouble.

octopi

Dec 29, 2004
EroCaps said:

Ovechkin will have Semin, Halpern, Cassels, Zubrus, possibly Bondra. Nash and Kovalchuck have done more with less than that.

Hmmm, note to self. Never try to marry faceitiousness and humor.

However, Crosby does have more talent surrounding him, you don't think playing with Lemieux who still has great passing and recieving skills will give him an edge?

Jaded-Fan

Mar 18, 2004
Pittsburgh
EroCaps said:

I agree totally. So if Crosby scores more than AO, then obviously he has the greater talent as the support is about a wash? ;)

Actually, all kidding aside there is a talent gap in the supporting cast but it cuts both ways as far as helping and hindering a 'franchise' type player in scoring. Crosby will have some world class offensive talent to work with, but on the other hand he will in many ways be a secondary element on this team, one of a number of other world class players. I remember Jagr when he came into the league, he was a world class talent but was only one element on a pretty stacked team and therefore his opportunities were less as well. Washington just does not have as many world class offensive stars, but they can roll out one good line anyways.

Note as well that the focus of the teams is likely to be entirely different. The Pens are constructing a team to make a run for the playoffs. The Caps are constructing a team to make a run at Kessel. When you have a team that may be as bad as the Caps seem like they will be distract the crowd with your big scorer may not be a bad idea. Create one big line and roll them out over and over.

So who knows how this will cut and play out. But will certainly be fun to watch and I definately think that both the Pens and Caps will be very happy with who they have in the end.

KariyaIsGod*

sunnydaycrash said:
We`ll talk once Semin pots 20-25 goals this coming season.

But he's handled the rigours of the almighty Russian Super League...

He's a sure bet for 50...

shaner8989

Aug 6, 2005
if Crosby doesnt beat Ovechkin, Crosby needs to give himself a smack.

Crosby will be with Lemeuix and that on its one should get him 30-40 points.
Ovechkin will be playing with abasolute garbage in washington.

Again Crosby wins hands down, and if not then he has issues or he just really insnt as a good as everyone is hyping him to be

Jaded-Fan

Mar 18, 2004
Pittsburgh
usiel said:
because this thread has become Pejorative Slured...either that or lame attempt to rage a forum, heh.

........... and this differentiates it from half of the threads on these boards . . . how?

Most are either my player is better than yours or will be better than yours. Or my town is better than yours . . . or your town should not even have a hockey team. Let us name what teams should move for fun. Or our fans are better than yours. Or my personal favorite, how about I trade my third team scrub that I signed for $5 million a year for your number one pick in the draft from a couple of years ago. I can even explain why this would be good for you.

So again, how is this thread a blight upon what usually is posted here again?

Note: I actually enjoy all of the above posts, even some of the silliest ones, that is why we come here, to talk hockey. But to point a finger at this thread . . . well, :biglaugh:

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad