Crosby may walk the line

Status
Not open for further replies.

X0ssbar

Bruwinz20 said:
His dream is to be a replacement player??

:joker:

No his dream is to play in the NHL. Maybe some of current NHLers should remember what it was like to chase down their dream instead of counting the zeros in their checkbooks!

Johnnybegood13

Jul 11, 2003
Bicycle Repairman said:
Umm, you do realize that the term "walking the line" has a complete opposite meaning to what Crosby is inferring?

Well, it does.
Instead of nitpicking my grammar why not comment on the article and comments from Crosby? :shakehead

Bicycle Repairman

Jul 1, 2003
Visit site
T@T said:
Instead of nitpicking my grammar why not comment on the article and comments from Crosby? :shakehead
It's not a question of grammar. Your title had the complete opposite meaning of you intented, my good man!

As for the story itself, it was rather inconsequential. Crosby may or may not cross a picket line. Stop the presses!
:joker:

Oiltown16

Mar 9, 2003
Visit site
he's not in the NHLPA...but believe me he was misquoted

he really meant...Replacement players have no place here, and he'll stick it out with the NHLers

CarlRacki

Feb 9, 2004
Oiltown16 said:

he really meant...Replacement players have no place here, and he'll stick it out with the NHLers

Are you his agent? PR rep? Father?
With all due respect, how do you know what he meant? For now, I'll take it that he said what he meant until shown otherwise.

BLONG7

Oct 30, 2002
Nova Scotia
Visit site
The SR players say they are doing this for the young guys... turns out that nobody asked them their opinion, until now... If Knob Goodenow and his PA did a survey of young JR players and asked them if a cap fixed to revenues would be OK(avg salary of 1.3M) the majority would say yes because they want to PLAY in the NHL and try to win the Stanley Cup! They want to play in the league with a chance to win the Cup, and make money at the same time... notice the order of what they want...1.play, 2.win, 3. $$$. The present day players... 1.$$$ 2. $$$. 3. $$$ The older guys could learn something from the younger ones...

Bruwinz37

Feb 27, 2002
Top Shelf said:
No his dream is to play in the NHL. Maybe some of current NHLers should remember what it was like to chase down their dream instead of counting the zeros in their checkbooks!

Just say you didnt get the joke and we can all move on.

Johnnybegood13

Jul 11, 2003
Oiltown16 said:

\
Was it someone disquised as Sidney? he said it on TV :speechles

struckmatch

Jul 28, 2003
Vancouver
He's saying what every player making under $800,000 a year is saying, the only difference is, Crosby is saying it publicly. The union will collapse, its only a matter of time.

shveik

Jul 6, 2002
Visit site
Lining up in the "new era NHL" against the players who were not good enough to crack the NHL before, and against some NHL players whose specialty is to hook, slash, and talk dirty about your mother. The Next One sure knows how to dream a good dream! :joker:

The only thing that sweetens the pot: he would be a UFA and essentially the only marketable player in the whole NHL. Can you say "Let the bidding start at 8 million"? No rookie caps, and a chance to smash Gretzky's records in the watered down NHL/AHL! Now we are talking a real dream, baby!

Oiltown16

Mar 9, 2003
Visit site
T@T said:
\
Was it someone disquised as Sidney? he said it on TV :speechles

wow you people don't know sarcasm...
I was just saying that because of all the other misquoted players that have spoken out during the lockout... :speechles

John Flyers Fan

Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
Crosby clarifies his stance:

"If there is an NHL with replacement players, I think for me to be involved and to say that I would play in the league is not true," Crosby told TSN. "If the NHL is the real NHL with the best players in the world, for sure I want to play in it but at the same time, if it's a league of replacement players, it's not the real NHL. And with all the things going on right now with players and owners, it's not right and I don't think I'd be playing in a league like that."

http://tsn.ca/nhl/news_story.asp?id=109268

Sideline

May 23, 2004
I wouldn't be surprised if he crossed the line. The NHLPA is going to give up young players first and worst. I don't see why he should have any loyalty to a union that doesn't represent his interests.

Edit: I didn't read the last page until I posted. I guess I was wrong. :dunce:

eye

Feb 17, 2003
around the 49th para
Visit site
John Flyers Fan said:
Crosby clarifies his stance:

"If there is an NHL with replacement players, I think for me to be involved and to say that I would play in the league is not true," Crosby told TSN. "If the NHL is the real NHL with the best players in the world, for sure I want to play in it but at the same time, if it's a league of replacement players, it's not the real NHL. And with all the things going on right now with players and owners, it's not right and I don't think I'd be playing in a league like that."

http://tsn.ca/nhl/news_story.asp?id=109268

Boy he may not be in the NHLPA yet but his agent sure got him straigtened out real quick. I preferred his honest answer vs. the quote by his agent.

I can hear it now. "Bob to IMG agent. What the """"""""" was Crosby thinking. You better get the """ on the phone to TSN and get his quote retracted and rephrased in line with our way of thinking".

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Crosby is not in the union yet being that he isn't in the NHL.

One would think his agent would advise him to wait for the NHL though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->