News Article: Crosby makes time to cheer up B.C. boy battling brain tumors

Harv

R.I.P. Pavol.
Dec 30, 2007
http://www.theprovince.com/news/loc...ry.html?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter

C62G4x0UwAAl24Q.jpg

Lustaf

Nov 26, 2008
Victoria, BC
Heartwarming to see.

Props to Crosby, the Penguins and the Canucks for being there for that family and the little boy.

ColePens

RIP Fugu Buffaloed & parabola
Mar 27, 2008
Pittsburgh
Sid is exactly what you want out of a star player. Sid and Mario are probably just as big of stars with the stuff they do off the ice. Great humans doing great things.

spcastlemagic

Jul 3, 2006
Sid's the only professional athlete where it would surprise me if he had something goofy going on off the field. Just a genuinely great guy.

MartinS82

May 26, 2016
As a parent, i understand that "athletes aren't role models". But the reality is, if you have kids that eat, drink, sleep hockey, they look up to these players. I am more than happy to point to Sid as an example for my kids.

Syrinx

Jul 7, 2005
Cary, NC
My daughter got a Make-a-Wish. I couldn't convince her to want to meet the Penguins. :laugh:

She wanted to meet Rhett and Link...

Syrinx

Jul 7, 2005
Cary, NC
Hope she is doing well these days.

She is. Her meds stop her eating from 7-10 am and pm. Other than that, everything is normal - playing competitive basketball, softball, etc. She should lead a pretty normal life other than the inconvenience of the meds.

I thought it was interesting that the kid took over the visit with Crosby. I see things like that in my daughter every day. She is unflappable - nothing's bigger than surviving cancer. :yo:

Pancakes

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 4, 2011
Great story and I love how the kid is totally chill like; "uhm, yeah go on then I'll let you take a photo with me If you want" and Sid looks dead excited!

He was probably shy/nervous. Or maybe he's just a badass :).

Sid is great. It makes rooting for him all the easier because he's nothing but a pure class act.

DegenX

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Aug 14, 2011
She is. Her meds stop her eating from 7-10 am and pm. Other than that, everything is normal - playing competitive basketball, softball, etc. She should lead a pretty normal life other than the inconvenience of the meds.

I thought it was interesting that the kid took over the visit with Crosby. I see things like that in my daughter every day. She is unflappable - nothing's bigger than surviving cancer. :yo:

That is great to hear! Sounds like you have a pretty amazing kid :)

Whakahere

Jan 27, 2004
Germany
45 minutes. That no pop in visit. Nice to see we have a sports captain that knows how to give back to the community.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad