Crosby/Lottery Guess

Status
Not open for further replies.

weaponomega

Feb 9, 2004
Calgary, Alberta
I had a dream last week that the Panthers got the first overall pick, the wings got the second and some team called the tanks got the third overall pick. My b's got the 9th then my alarm woke me up and i went to work.

DarthSather99

Mar 2, 2002
NYC
Visit site
It's funny but I remember at last year's draft they interviewed Crosby on the floor of the Draft. Right behind Crosby was a big insignia of a Teams logo. The team logo's were on every teams table. That teams name? NY Rangers.

an omen? I thought so ...then again...I'm a hockey starved Ranger fan that hasn't seen a decent prospect come onto our team in a long time. I'd be estatic with a top 5 pick, it doesn't have to be Crosby.

DarthSather99

Mar 2, 2002
NYC
Visit site
weaponomega said:
I had a dream last week that the Panthers got the first overall pick, the wings got the second and some team called the tanks got the third overall pick. My b's got the 9th then my alarm woke me up and i went to work.

Maybe the tanks were actually Washington who actually "tanked" the end of last season? lol :biglaugh:

Coffey77

Mar 12, 2002
Visit site
weaponomega said:

I'd settle on Detroit getting the 2nd overall pick :D

My gut feeling is Atlanta. Heatley-Crosby-Kovalchuk. Don't know if they would throw the best 3 forwards together but it would look pretty sick.

RandomCanuckFan

Jan 23, 2005
My gut feeling is also Atlanta.

If not them, either Anaheim (another gut feeling) or Florida (they always win these things).

friction

5-14-6-1
Nov 17, 2003
Calgary
He's going to go to the winner of the draft lottery after next season, because the draft age will be raised to 19. My guess is Carolina or Chicago.

Blane Youngblood

Jun 17, 2003
Visit site
champben2002 said:
Common Ottawa! How about
Crosby Spezza Havlat
Chara Redden
How many teams in the History of Hockey have had that type of #1 line?

Is that really all that much better then:

Naslund - Crosby - Bertuzzi
Ohlund - Jovo

with every player in their natural positions.

Levitate

Jul 29, 2004
Mat said:
Al Montoya

Montoya is nice, so is Lundqvist and Tyutin, but the Rangers could really use a blue chip forward prospect ;)

The jury is still out on Jessiman, though he was always picked as a guy who would take time to develop...it's possible he could turn into a good top 6 forward, but he's not exactly "blue chip" since there's uncertainty around him. So a nice top pick like Crosby would do wonders

Captain Conservative

Apr 1, 2004
My Blue Heaven
I have a friend who works as a janitor the main NHL offices in New York, and he overhead Bettman and Daly talking about a plan to rig the lottery so that the Leafs got the 1st overall pick.

Really! :sarcasm:

Stormin Norman

Jun 25, 2005
nomorekids said:
if they do the 4 years\no first overall picks like I think they're going to. I think NYR has the best chance - but the next tier of teams is Phoenix, Carolina, Nashville, Chicago, Buffalo, Calgary

What is the 4 year/no first idea? Haven't heard that one? does it mean teams that have drafted first overall in the past 4 years have no chance? Teams like Columbus traded to get the #1 overall so should not be excluded from this.

I have a feeling it WILL be a small market like Columbus. But I have a feeling he will end up in a small non-deserving hockey market like Carolina, Florida, Anaheim, Nashville or Pittsburgh. Some may say that is great it will help the franchise, I think to artificially boost a franchise a la Pittsburgh with Lemieux is harmful to the league in general.

Seeing him to to NY will make me forever skeptical of the NHL even if it is 100% valid, just too much of a coincidence.

Skk82

Mar 30, 2004
Arlington, VA
Stormin Norman said:
What is the 4 year/no first idea? Haven't heard that one? does it mean teams that have drafted first overall in the past 4 years have no chance? Teams like Columbus traded to get the #1 overall so should not be excluded from this.

I have a feeling it WILL be a small market like Columbus. But I have a feeling he will end up in a small non-deserving hockey market like Carolina, Florida, Anaheim, Nashville or Pittsburgh. Some may say that is great it will help the franchise, I think to artificially boost a franchise a la Pittsburgh with Lemieux is harmful to the league in general.

so why exactly is pittsburgh (bad over the past few years and who traded for the #1 overall in 2003) deemed non-deserving <sic> and columbus (bad over the past few years and traded for #1 in '02) not labeled non-deserving (otherwise known as un-deserving)?

because pittsburgh would have gone broke by keeping their big salaries?

if you want to award crosby to the worst teams over the past few years, consider buffalo, pittsburgh, new york rangers, columbus, atlanta and florida.

NYIsles1*

sirkraut_82 said:
if you want to award crosby to the worst teams over the past few years, consider buffalo, pittsburgh, new york rangers, columbus, atlanta and florida.
To win the lottery rights to the top overall pick the rules have always been a team must finish in the bottom five to be eligible. The Rangers have only finished low enough to be eligible for the top pick in the lottery only once in seven years, so to consider them one of the worst teams when there are other more deserving teams who have been in the lottery for several years makes little sense.

If your going to do that all thirty teams should have an equal chance.

Who is going to win the lottery for his rights? The BOG are still fighting that one out. What's interesting is all the markets that have been winning want an equal chance to win Crosby's rights as a concession so right now it's tough to even guess.

hawksfan50

Feb 27, 2002
IF it is the grossly unfair 30 team unweighted equal chance apparoch,then every team has the same chance--but we all know some teams are blesssed with great luck,and others are just cursed...

Most cursed: Chicago ...no way they will win ...the hockey gods will not allow it...

Most lucky: Detroit (natuarlly the most arrogant --"Hockeytown USA" and their Pizza King owner Illitch demanding perennial contender status,are going to be rewarded by the hockey gods)....also lucky Mario could get the hockey gods to
save his franchise in Pittsburgh...or perhaps lucky Gretzky will see him land in the desert in the boondocks of Phoenix ---Wayne has great good fortune follow him around just as the pucks did during his career....finally,I would say Colorado ---a
recent perennial big spender that success favoured for many years near the top of the heap...these 4 I would say are luck magnets...so he will probably land with one of them...and perhaps a wildcard lucky one--not so much the team--but the GM---how can you ignore "Lucky Lou" ---Crosby with thea DEVILS? Yes ---the hockey GODS would have a good laugh with that...

My own vommit bag will be deployed if SC ends up with:

1.Detroit (I may reque 3-4 such bags)...
2. Toronto
3.NYR

THE NHL,Gatorade,and Nike will puke if he ends up with:

1. Carolina
2.Nashville
3. MInnesota--where Lemaire will turn him into a trap robot...
4.Anywhere south of the Mason-Dixon line (where the Bubbas and the media place hockey near the bottom of the sports heap)...

Number 57

Dec 21, 2004
Montreal
He'll land in Anaheim and play with Perry, or in Boston and play with Bergeron.

If not, either Buffalo or Detroit.

se7en*

hawksfan50 said:
My own vommit bag will be deployed if SC ends up with:

1.Detroit (I may reque 3-4 such bags)...
2. Toronto
3.NYR

:biglaugh:

I'll have to have one ready if he goes to Dallas or Calgary. Montreal too, as they all seem to think he's suited up in their jersey already.

My gut feeling is Buffalo.

Last edited by a moderator:

DARKSIDE

Nov 17, 2003
I see him in a Leaf jeresy for some reason. All the bad karma from Toronto haters. :biglaugh:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad