Crosby/Lottery Guess

Status
Not open for further replies.

borro

Oct 8, 2002
Texas
Visit site
Atlanta has how many top picks in the last few years(Kovalchuck Heatley etc)??

Crosby Ovechkin Zubrus
Zhamnov Semin Fehr

Zhamnov to be replaced by Kessel or Little eventually.

Jag68Sid87

Sullivan gots to go!
Oct 1, 2003
Montreal, QC
I too have a gut-feeling about Atlanta and I'm not sure why. I did a randon draw a while ago using one chance per team and they came up first. And the irony is they'd probably have a better shot in a weighted lottery.

Jul 29, 2003
Saskatoon
Visit site
When alot of drafts and such happen, I always am thinking one of my favorite teams will do the unexpected and get a much higher pick than the standings indicate. For example, the last two seasons, I thought the Raptors could easily make the jump into the top 3(2003) and top 5(2004, 2005). Also, in 2004, I was thinking that Anaheim would definetely finish high, thus sercuring a high pick.

But, in some drafts, I think of a possibility, but then think, nah, it'll never happen. Case in point, many times during draws for some big prizes to be won for myself. Never in a big sporting draft, but hopefully this'll be the first time.

But, I can't help but see Edmonton get him. I love the Oilers almost as much as the Ducks, so hopefully it happens. Hopefully the Ducks could also get one of Johnson/Kopitar/Staal, though, if it happens.

AnThGrt

Feb 13, 2005
Park City, UT
How funny and effed up would it be if if after the lottery the top 3 picks where: CHI, LA, NYR in any order lol that would cause everyone to say its so rigged so it would be amusing

Vatican Roulette

Baile de Los Locos
Feb 28, 2002
Gorillaz-EPWRID
Visit site
borro said:

Crosby Ovechkin Zubrus
Zhamnov Semin Fehr

Naw, i predict they sell off whatever talent they have left on the squad so that they can get a 1st overall pick...wait, they already did that.

Chootoi

Jan 7, 2005
there will be conspiracy theories regardless of who wins the lottery, but my crystal ball says he'll end up in the East, but not the northeast division.

PanthersRule96

Jun 15, 2003
Visit site
Florida always somehow gets lucky when it comes to the draft. Whether it's making good trades such as Luongo and Jokinen deal, or winning the lottery twice.

Pangu

Jun 20, 2005
Common Ottawa! How about
Crosby Spezza Havlat
Chara Redden
How many teams in the History of Hockey have had that type of #1 line?

Puckhead

Jun 13, 2004
Behind you!!!
ProctorSilex said:
Instead of wondering how it'll work... what team do you think will actually win the draft. All shots in the dark, but we'll see if anyone has better intuition over the other:

My random feeling:

San Jose Sharks
I am not sure if any of you guys have this same feeling, but when Crosby is being made out to be the saviour for our game, I hardly think they will simply leave it to chance. My guess is as much as the lottery will look like every team with a frst rounder will have a crack at him, but in the end he goes to a major city in the States, because that is where he can do the most good for the game, and really get people interested in Hockey. Seeing as the sport is at an all time low in interest even north of the border, they have to take some drastic steps. I think it will be the Rangers, or the Kings. I am praying the Rangers don't get him, but it would make a lot of sense if you are trying to sell the game in the States, right?

Puckhead

Jun 13, 2004
Behind you!!!
champben2002 said:
Common Ottawa! How about
Crosby Spezza Havlat
Chara Redden
How many teams in the History of Hockey have had that type of #1 line?
Not many, and the good news is you won't have to worry about it, cause it aint gonna happen!!!

Puckhead

Jun 13, 2004
Behind you!!!
Color@do @v@l@nche said:
i think he's going minnesota
I would have no problem with him going to Minnesota. Even though I think the fix is in on this whole weighted lottery system anyway, but Minnesota makes a lot of sense.

Puckhead

Jun 13, 2004
Behind you!!!
borro said:

Crosby Ovechkin Zubrus
Zhamnov Semin Fehr

Hey Borro, Joseph called he is looking for those technicolor glasses you're wearing to go with his dream coat...LOL!

PACaptain

Jul 4, 2005
Road to the Repeat
The homer in me says Pittsburgh, but I have to go with Chicago.

Some have suggested that he needs to play for the New York Rangers to help the NHL to be successful, but Chicago is a big market where he would really fit in. They already have good young defenseman coming up in Brent Seabrook, Cam Barker, and Anton Babchuk and forward Tuomo Ruutu who I really enjoyed watching the few times I saw him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad