News Article: Crosby - Lindsay Finalist

HandshakeLine

A real jerk thing
Nov 9, 2005
Praha, CZ

Surprised by this one. Add it to the accolade list.

I’m not really surprised except for the fact that Sid’s had way better seasons than this one and not gotten a sniff at it. But hey, it’s still great.

Also who was the Caps player who’s super online and too mad about this again? Someone should rt this at him constantly.

Turin

Feb 27, 2018
Didn’t expect this, but most of the players all really respect Sid so I guess we should expect this as long as Sid keeps putting up good seasons.

KareemTrustfund

Domiking Simon
Jun 19, 2012
10th in scoring and had 9 EN points which kind of makes it seem less impressive than what he normally does. Nevertheless , glad Sid is still highly regarded among his peers. Just another feather in his cap.

Reactions: Son Goku

dogthateats

May 26, 2011
discord.gg
I put a lot more stake into what Yohe and Rossi think of players than guys who are just focused on playing the game and staying up with conditioning. Not complaining though! Always cool to see Sid get recognized.
Josh-Yohe.jpg

Rob-Rossi-832x447.png

Last edited:

OnMyOwn

Worlds Apart
Sep 7, 2005
Players recognize what he did carrying the team this season. The NHL should have a true MVP instead of who had pretty stats, TBH. He missed out on a few of these over the years because guys had some more points than him….even though his seasons were arguably better and he carried us in the process.

Reactions: ncm7772

Sidney the Kidney

One last time
Jun 29, 2009
Didn't think he'd be a Lindsay finalist. If he was going to be a finalist, I thought maybe he'd sneak into 3rd for the Hart due to the season the Pens had despite all their injuries.

Reactions: molon labe

Scandale du Jour

JordanStaal#1Fan
Mar 11, 2002
Asbestos, Qc
www.angelfire.com
Lol main board full of haters. Can't wait for his 8th hart finalist incoming. Only Gretzky and howe will have more

The only reason they "hate" it is the same reason they hated his CS wins and called them "undeserved". It enhances Sid's legacy and destroys the very filmsy arguments they have against him.

I mean, I did not have Sid in my top 3 for the Hart/Lindsay. Top 10, 100%. Top 2 is pretty obvious to me: McDavid and Matthews in that order.

After them, there is a group of like 5-6 guys who can be 3. Sid is part of that group.

Basically, the people complaining about him finishing a distant third would not say a word if he were fourth.

And that is precisely why I think trophy counting and trophy finishes counting is dumb.

Nathaniel Skywalker

Oct 18, 2013
The only reason they "hate" it is the same reason they hated his CS wins and called them "undeserved". It enhances Sid's legacy and destroys the very filmsy arguments they have against him.

I mean, I did not have Sid in my top 3 for the Hart/Lindsay. Top 10, 100%. Top 2 is pretty obvious to me: McDavid and Matthews in that order.

After them, there is a group of like 5-6 guys who can be 3. Sid is part of that group.

Basically, the people complaining about him finishing a distant third would not say a word if he were fourth.

And that is precisely why I think trophy counting and trophy finishes counting is dumb.
I didn't have him as a finalist for the Lindsay also. But I can see a case for him being third yeah. Thought/think he has a stronger chance of being top 3 in hart voting which would make more sense. But hey I'm not going to complain

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad