Crosby jersey pulled off ebay

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nielson81

Feb 28, 2002
www.hockeysfutureradio.com
target said:
Why do you find that funny? It's someone like you that stole the jersey....you have have to be crook or have no heart to find that funny.

Man it's a jersey, I've lost alot of worse **** then a jersey and never cried. I'm sure it was emtional, but it'a piece of cloth, Crosby will have many more Team Canada Jersey's in the future.

Beauty eh?

Not sure if serious.
Dec 20, 2004
Southern California
Unbiased Canadian said:
I thought it was funny how Crosby cried when he found out the jersey was missing.

:shakehead

How is that funny? He may be one of the best young athletes in the world right now, poised to be a superstar at his sport and make millions of dollars, but he is also A KID. That jersey was important to him, and some jerk stole it from him.

Take something very important and valuable to you, and imagine it GONE. That's how he feels right now. I'd be upset too.

Charge_Seven

Aug 12, 2003
Boucicaut said:
You may be right. By the way, how do you define an athlete? I have done a lot sports and still do, but mostly on a recreational level. You know, if you choose to pursue an academic career, there is hardly time for pro sports of any kind.

Recereational is athletics in my oppinion. To clear that comment up, I did not in any way mean it to be an attack on you/your possible athletic career. Simply that most people I know in sports appreciate the things that took them places, more than than the reward for getting there.

I'll never claim I'm in pro sports. lol

RorschachWJK

Dec 28, 2004
GregStack said:
Recereational is athletics in my oppinion. To clear that comment up, I did not in any way mean it to be an attack on you/your possible athletic career. Simply that most people I know in sports appreciate the things that took them places, more than than the reward for getting there.

I'll never claim I'm in pro sports. lol

I never took offense in the first place, but thanks for the clarification :)

TORRUS

May 31, 2004
Beli
I mean, Sergei Zholtok died two months ago on the ice and this thread dedicated to some crying baby's jersey seems to be more emotional! Bull****!!!

It's not like his gold medal was taken away! If this guy is crying now, what about Khabibulin after the Olympics in 1992? Should have he killed himself???!!! If I was Crosby I would be actually proud and say to myself: ''Wow, it went so far that people are now stealing my jerseys! I must be damn good...'' Or something like: ''They didn't steal Ovechkin's jersey, they took mine!'' And than I would have a big laugh...

Nielson81

Feb 28, 2002
www.hockeysfutureradio.com
TORRUS said:
I mean, Sergei Zholtok died two months ago on the ice and this thread dedicated to some crying baby's jersey seems to be more emotional! Bull****!!!

It's not like his gold medal was taken away! If this guy is crying now, what about Khabibulin after the Olympics in 1992? Should have he killed himself???!!! If I was Crosby I would be actually proud and say to myself: ''Wow, it went so far that people are now stealing my jerseys! I must be damn good...'' Or something like: ''They didn't steal Ovechkin's jersey, they took mine!'' And than I would have a big laugh...

This post isn't a joke....and anyone who says it is...take hockey way to serisouly themselves.

gb701

Feb 21, 2003
Visit site
TORRUS said:

You are kidding, right?? I have not met many people anywhere who would laugh about having things stolen out of their personal luggage on a commercial flight - we all load our luggage all the time and expect when we open it on arrival that some piece of #$%^% has not managed to go through it and steal our property.

This is to say nothing of the fact that the jersey has two values - sentimental in that many of us held on to jerseys we wore in big games and this is the biggest of his life so far; and monetary in that the jersey is worth tens of thousands of dollars.

The joke here is people who have neither won something this big or lost something of value presuming to cut the kid down for being ticked off about it. Frankly, it is none of your business.

nomorekids

The original, baby
Feb 28, 2003
Nashville, TN
www.twitter.com
i'm not saying i agree with anyone here, but why was it "hilarious" to some people that ovechkin cried after the loss(some even wanted to make an avatar of it), but when Crosby does it over losing his jersey, it just goes to show how dedicated to hockey he is?

Psycho Papa Joe

Porkchop Hoser
Feb 27, 2002
Cesspool, Ontario
Visit site
nomorekids said:
i'm not saying i agree with anyone here, but why was it "hilarious" to some people that ovechkin cried after the loss(some even wanted to make an avatar of it), but when Crosby does it over losing his jersey, it just goes to show how dedicated to hockey he is?
Do you know for sure the same people who thought Ovechkin crying was funny are the ones who are now defending Crosby crying? Personally I don't see anything wrong with either guy crying under either circumstance.

mattihp

Aug 2, 2004
Uppsala, Sweden
A WJC win is a top-5 moment in a player's career? :eek:

I'd have a World Champs, playing against men win much higher than against jr's of whom most won't ever be top-level players.

Bill McNeal

Jul 19, 2003
Montreal
mattihp said:

I'd have a World Champs, playing against men win much higher than against jr's of whom most won't ever be top-level players.

For Canadian Juniors, it really is. I can see how it wouldn't mean as much to other nations, but if you ask most current Canadian players in the NHL now who've won World Jr gold, they'd probably tell you it was one of the highlights of their lives.

mattihp

Aug 2, 2004
Uppsala, Sweden
The Albino said:
For Canadian Juniors, it really is. I can see how it wouldn't mean as much to other nations, but if you ask most current Canadian players in the NHL now who've won World Jr gold, they'd probably tell you it was one of the highlights of their lives.
That sounds very Pejorative Slured, but I take your word for it ^^

Crosbyfan

Nov 27, 2003
mattihp said:

I think this is true in all sports. Memories at that age (and younger also) are hard to beat. Dion Phaneuf said (prior to the WJC win), I think on TSN, that a championship in Novice was his personal highlight.

Crosbyfan

Nov 27, 2003
Rahan said:
So, did he get caught?

Or is Cobras (from Winnipeg) spouting personal information? :dunno:

Edit: only half kidding, something like that should be backed up with a source.

octopi

Dec 29, 2004
TORRUS said:

Uh...yeah, whatever. Don't worry, I'm sure the emotion police will get right on it. To make sure no more innapropriate crying occurs, next year, competitive hockey players will have to fill out a survey:

SURVEY:
As a competitive athlete, will you cry when(Check all that apply)

_ Your team loses the big game
_ Your team win the big game
_ Thoughts of deceased loved ones who helped you get to the level of competitive sport you are in pop up
_ Somthing Valuable is stolen from you

Please check your age
_under 16
_16-17
_17-18
_19 or older

Anyone who is deemed to be weak will be summarily removed from his national team and forced to watch John Wayne movies.

>>>>>>Sarcasm OFF<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<< :shakehead

(lone)Yashinfan#79

For Sale: Red Gold Medal Game-worn Team Canada Jersey #9

$100,000 or b/o

NO CANADIAN TIRE DOLLARS, PLEASE!!!

WINNER AGREES TO PAY $19.95 S&H
ORANGE INTERNATIONAL MONEY ORDERS ONLY

THIS IS AN AUTHENTIC GAME-WORN JERSEY FROM POSSIBLY THE MOST OVERHYPED PROSPECT SINCE DAIGLE.

(i think he'll live up to some of the hype, i'm just funnin'..)

TopOfTheWorld said:
January 7, 2005
NR006

SIDNEY CROSBY’S RED GOLD MEDAL GAME WORN JERSEY MISSING;
HOCKEY CANADA REMOVES WHITE GAME WORN CROSBY JERSEY FROM
EBAY CANADA AUCTION

CALGARY, AB – Hockey Canada announced on Friday that Team Canada forward Sidney Crosby’s red gold medal game worn jersey from the 2005 IIHF World Junior Championship has gone missing from his hockey equipment bag between Grand Forks, ND and Mont Joli, QC.

alecfromtherock

Feb 2, 2004
Now, not later, is when the Tsunami victims need the relief.

Giving money to charity after Crosby is in the NHL is a little too late for millions of people effected by the Tsunami.

The last bid was $20,000 for the white jersey, or $10,000 for the Tsunami Relief effort.

How important is a jersey when the tournament was a joke for team Canada, Darth Vader said it best “all too easy�

If Crosby still wants to put the jersey up for auction with all of the money raised to go to the Tsunami relief effort, then I must tip my hat to him.

Hockey Canada should match the last bid for the jersey for the Tsunami relief effort regardless if Crosby wants to keep it or not.

target

Sep 10, 2002
nova scotia
Visit site
Did you read the press release? Hockey Canada was going to give 25% of proceeds to the relief efforts. ie. $60,000 raised from auction $15,000 goes to the relief effort. After the stolen jersey and the white jersey removed, hockey canada increased the donation to 50% ie. $50,000 raised from auction $25,000 goes toward the relief effort. So in fact the relief may end up with more, Hockey Canada is the one taking the hit with removing the jersey.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad