Crosby is starting to take over.

Status
Not open for further replies.

octopi

Dec 29, 2004
Forever27 said:
It's easy for Ovechkin. Everything he says and does isn't blown up to gigantic scale and splattered on newspapers across Canada. Maybe in Russia it's another story. :D

Headlines in Russian paper:

"Hedgehogs missing. No proof as yet Ovechkin responsible" :D

vwg*

Nov 16, 2005
Krasnoyarsk
Ovechkin's response to this thread...

[IMAGE]http://cache.gettyimages.com/xc/57608238.jpg?v=1&c=MS_GINS&k=2&d=E3A33B54CA52535B52E708F074107C45[/IMAGE]

ShaneDoan

May 5, 2005
Sidney and Alex The Great are both very good youngsters, but bit different type...they both are skillfull, but Sidney is more like a playmaker!

66-30-33

Jan 24, 2006
Victoria, BC
This i guess proves Crosby is a better player at 18 then Ovechkin at 18 although Crosby has 1 NHL season under his belt but Ovechkin had 2 RSL seasons under his belt. I guess this means Crosby is better then Ovechkin at 20? he's outscoring him by like 5 points. :dunno:

What? everyone said if Crosby can outscore Ovechkin's 2 pt at the world as an 18 yr old (and Crosby 18 too) then Crosby's a better player..Crosby's outscoring him as an 18 yr old and Ovechkin is 20 if this is the case does this mean Crosby as an 18 yr old is better then Ovechkin as a 20?

Firefighter Havok

Jul 1, 2005
Pittsburgh, PA
Canuck21t said:
I think he is already yapping less. One thing he'll never get better though is his interviews; they'll always be too diplomatic, meaning very boring.

Lemieux's interviews were diplomatic just like sid's...

so I ask....what are you saying? :rant:

BIGTRAIN*

joe_shannon_1983 said:
Crosby is starting to take over the hockey world. Soon he will conquer the entire hockey universe.

He is a terrorist to opposing defenses and goalies, and his WMD is his hockey stick.

Dream on he will not be the best player on his own team!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

octopi

Dec 29, 2004
SUPERFAN-1 said:
Dream on he will not be the best player on his own team!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

On team Canada or on the Pens?

Either way, I can't see the fans of either team being too mad if Crosby is second best.

SpezNc2

Mar 3, 2002
octopi said:

Either way, I can't see the fans of either team being too mad if Crosby is second best.

Because if Crosby is Second best, imagine who is First?

I want this tandem in my team any day of the week... I'm dreaming...

66-30-33

Jan 24, 2006
Victoria, BC
octopi said:

Pens he was meaning. I'll bet 1 million dollars he means Malkin. Canada he's number 1, as with Pens anyway. I'll bet money superfan is russian.

espo*

i can't help but think Crosby is the best young player in the world.Maybe Ovechkin will prove me wrong but i doubt it.

He's still a great player but i think Crosby will surpass him pretty soon.They'll have some good battles though!! Ovechkin can sure play,just does'nt have Crosby's head,that's the tiebreak for me.

Slick Nick

Oct 29, 2003
Montréal
Visit site
DTM_17 said:
Grabovsky > Crosby > Ovechkin

dou you guys even realize what Grabovsky's supporting cast is????? it's insane!!!! he's the new Lemieux! can't you see?

Ok, you're funny.. hihi.. Habs fans are exited about Grabovsky, no one ever mentionned he'd be a star in the NHL to my knowledge. Fans simply expect a late rounder to bring some competition in the preseason camps and do well in the AHL... but you're funny, hihihi

Berkut

Dec 30, 2004
Montreal
cyclops said:
i can't help but think Crosby is the best young player in the world.Maybe Ovechkin will prove me wrong but i doubt it.

He's still a great player but i think Crosby will surpass him pretty soon.They'll have some good battles though!! Ovechkin can sure play,just does'nt have Crosby's head,that's the tiebreak for me.
Hold on a second...It makes no sense what you just said...

Biscuit Bullet

Feb 28, 2002
Washington DC
Visit site
I couldn´t care less if Crosby ends up outscoring AO by an average of 30 points a season. Until he can lay out an open ice hit while maintaining puck posession, I´ll take AO. I´m not worried about scoring--my guess is Crosby will be a more prolific point producer than AO, but AO´s zeal, bullish play, determination and love of the game will never be matched by Crosby (who displays all these characteristics, but not nearly to the extent that AO does).

Regardless, the WC proves very little--the talent level is much below that of the NHL´s.

For christsake, why can´t Pens fans be happy with Crosby and Caps fans happy with Ovechkin?

octopi

Dec 29, 2004
SpezNc said:
Because if Crosby is Second best, imagine who is First?

I want this tandem in my team any day of the week... I'm dreaming...

Yeah, that was kind of my point.

I'm sure if Malkin is better than Crosby next year, Pens fans will not be

" :cry: Why does Crosby only get 130 points and Malkin gets 160? Why us, god?"

ShadowFax

Mar 10, 2004
Bonzai said:
I couldn´t care less if Crosby ends up outscoring AO by an average of 30 points a season. Until he can lay out an open ice hit while maintaining puck posession, I´ll take AO. I´m not worried about scoring--my guess is Crosby will be a more prolific point producer than AO, but AO´s zeal, bullish play, determination and love of the game will never be matched by Crosby (who displays all these characteristics, but not nearly to the extent that AO does).

Regardless, the WC proves very little--the talent level is much below that of the NHL´s.

For christsake, why can´t Pens fans be happy with Crosby and Caps fans happy with Ovechkin?

Just say you would still take Ovechkin because your a Caps fan. I think Caps fans would be the only ones taking Ovechkin if Crosby was outproducing him by wide margins. Why is hitting so valued by Caps fans? Gretzky wasn't a big hitter, neither was Lemieux, neither was Jagr etc.

And the WC does prove something. They are both playing in the same tournament. Ovechkin should be putting up bigger points against "a telent level much below that of the NHL" should he not? Crosby is outscoring him no need to make excuses.

Biscuit Bullet

Feb 28, 2002
Washington DC
Visit site
ShadowFax said:
Just say you would still take Ovechkin because your a Caps fan. I think Caps fans would be the only ones taking Ovechkin if Crosby was outproducing him by wide margins. Why is hitting so valued by Caps fans? Gretzky wasn't a big hitter, neither was Lemieux, neither was Jagr etc.

And the WC does prove something. They are both playing in the same tournament. Ovechkin should be putting up bigger points against "a telent level much below that of the NHL" should he not? Crosby is outscoring him no need to make excuses.

OK. I prefer Ovechkin because I am a Caps fan. He is on the team I follow, which I love dearly, so yes, I´m not going to lie, the fact that I´m a caps fan obviously factors in.

But that´s not the only reason (see my post above/reasons below).

Also, the other people who are outscoring Ovechkin, in order of points, in this OH SO IMPORTANT COMPETITION:
Bergeron, Kopitar, Grabovsky, Boyes, Nummelin and of course, Malkin (don´t bring him into this). Point made.

I´m not saying the WC is without worth. It is an semi-important international competition. What I am saying, however, is the fact that Crosby is outscoring Ovechkin means very little in the grand scheme of things because it´s one (1) competition and very far behind the NHL and the Olympics in importance.

And here´s why I value hitting: It pumps your team up and demoralizes the other team, not to mention the indimidation factor. The caps are a young, cohesive team, and a bone crushing hit brings up the collective level of play to a very noticeable extent. A great assist brings up the play of one or two other players, but a hit really gets an entire team going. Thus, I´d rather have a player who lays one out once in a while and finishes with 50-50-100 than have a player who will rack up 50-70-120. The importance of a hit, of course, also increases greatly in the playoffs. Most of the time, the fact that an opposing player gets taken out of the play for a few seconds is inconsequential--what´s consequential, however, is the injections of adrenaline the hit provides.

To conclude, Crosby is money, and yes, I do think he will outproduce Ovechkin. However, this has been repeated over and over and over again, but I think Ovechkin has a more complete game and has more charisma--a key reason, why on a young team like the caps, I value Ovechkin over Crosby. Alex, I think, scares defensemen and goalies alike more than Crosby, and is more of an intimidator. I would love to have Crosby on the caps (minus the *****ing at the refs), and I think he is only behind Ovechkin in terms of overall quality by the smallest of margins, so please, nobody pretend like I´m devaluing Crosby or overrated Ovechkin--I´m simply giving some reasoning behind the small disparity that I perceive between the two.

Last edited:

octopi

Dec 29, 2004
Bonzai said:
OK. I prefer Ovechkin because I am a Caps fan.

But that´s not the only reason (see my post above).

Also, Ovechkin actually has a personality....whereas SC kind of comes of as a kind of robot(And not the funloving,in your face kind like Bender).

On ice, though, either is exciting to watch, altho it depends on ones preference. I hate Penguins, so its a pretty easy choice.

espo*

Berkut said:
Hold on a second...It makes no sense what you just said...
Why?Ovechkin is a great player but crosby will surpass him very soon(if he's not as good as him already) I think he is but i can see where people think it's a toss up.

That's not so hard to understand.

CCCP

Nov 17, 2005
i16.photobucket.com
ShadowFax said:
Just say you would still take Ovechkin because your a Caps fan. I think Caps fans would be the only ones taking Ovechkin if Crosby was outproducing him by wide margins.
I am not a CAPS fan, but I would take AO over Crosby! In fact, AO is the only reason i go to CAPS games!!!

ShadowFax said:
And the WC does prove something. Crosby is outscoring him no need to make excuses.
Ok, let's use your logic here. Crosby was watching Olympics on tv, and i bet he was biting his toe nails when he saw AO sending team Canada home!!! :)

Oh, yeah, I forgot, if Crosby was on team Canada, they would've won the gold medal. :sarcasm:

octopi

Dec 29, 2004
CCCP said:
Ok, let's use your logic here. Crosby was watching Olympics on tv, and i bet he was biting his toe nails when he saw AO sending team canada home!!! :)

I doubt it....only a goalie would be flexible enough to get his foot into his mouth. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->