Crosby is god

Status
Not open for further replies.

Absolut

Mar 7, 2002
NYC
cyclops said:
So why blame him for that and try to put it down as some A.O copy?The reverse is true too,if Ovechkin does something great,that's what it should be kept to.No-one needs to get on saying "Ovechkin sure ties his skates nice but i think Crosby first did the double knot thing" maybe it's some of the fans you should be aggravated with not the players.
I agree with you. But when somebody starts a thread called "Crosby is God", praising Sid for a move that we saw 3 days ago from Ovechkin, it is kind of funny.

espo*

Absolut said:
I agree with you. But when somebody starts a thread called "Crosby is God", praising Sid for a move that we saw 3 days ago from Ovechkin, it is kind of funny.
I dunno,probably just excited at the move that his teams leading light pulled off in a big game to win it for his team i think.It was a play that had lot's of drama going for it.

Absolut

Mar 7, 2002
NYC
cyclops said:
I dunno,probably just excited at the move that his teams leading light pulled off in a big game to win it for his team i think.It was a play that had lot's of drama going for it.
Nothing's wrong with that. I am just happy fans have something to get excited about.

KariyaIsGod*

Absolut said:

We've seen that move a dozen times before Oveckin did it too.

I don't think he's calling Crosby God because of the move itself though, I tihnk he's referring to how clutch he was...

Zen Arcade

Bigger than Kiss
Sep 21, 2004
Pittsburgh
Lionel Hutz said:
I think the point is the fans in Pittsburgh. I've been watching Pens hockey for a long, long time and I haven't seen Pens fans going that nuts since at least the early 90s.

I don't know, it was pretty insane during the 2001 playoffs too. Particularly when Hedberg looked like he was unbeatable. People were screaming "Moose" when he left the net to help play a dump in. I guess a year of watching Garth Snow and J.S. Aubin giving up goals on routine shots made routine saves look amazing.

Lionel Hutz

Apr 13, 2004
Locking the Lounge??
Zen Arcade said:
I don't know, it was pretty insane during the 2001 playoffs too. Particularly when Hedberg looked like he was unbeatable. People were screaming "Moose" when he left the net to help play a dump in. I guess a year of watching Garth Snow and J.S. Aubin giving up goals on routine shots made routine saves look amazing.

Moose! Moose! Moose! yeah, that was pretty intense. Anyway, Its just really pleasing to see the fans react like that. For whatever reason, it was like that throughout the game, the camera was shaking and you could just feel the excitement in the building, wish I could've been there.

As for the other debate, Crosby scored a very nice goal, it was a very dramatic goal and his fans are excited. I fail to understand why posters can't just live with it and give credit where credit is due. Its absurd that a few posters feel they have to detract from every single thing Crosby does. Saying the same move was employed by Ovechkin, therefore Crosby's goal wasn't that great is ridiculously stupid. Crosby's goal was great. Ovechkin's goal was great. I can't get enough of watching both of these two and it sure is an exciting time to be fan of offensive prowress!

Zen Arcade

Bigger than Kiss
Sep 21, 2004
Pittsburgh
cyclops said:

Yeah, exactly.

The media was watching, every fan there was standing, and Crosby delivered in a dramatic way.

Pens1566

Aug 2, 2005
WV
Lindros_for_rizzle_ said:
Hey, there is nothing wrong with my thoughts...many people have mocked Lindros when he gets injured too much, it has made me very angry...my wish is only that it´ll be pay back time to someone else.
Well, since you're angry I guess I won't mock the big guy with the glazed over look on his face. Nice to see that you're wishing the same thing on others though. Very mature.

espo*

Zen Arcade said:
Yeah, exactly.

The media was watching, every fan there was standing, and Crosby delivered in a dramatic way.
Yep,that's about it i'd say.

roast

Mar 3, 2004
Pittsburgh
That leg kick move has been around forever...If you want to stay crosby "stole" it from A.O., you could say A.O. stole it from Raffi Torres when he pulled it in the youngstars game back in 02-03.

wilka91*

May 5, 2004
very nice goal.

but what worries me is that Ovechkin didn't get a similar thread when he scored a similar goal (his 2nd shootout goal) while making 1 more move than Crosby.

Absolut

Mar 7, 2002
NYC
roshiajin said:
very nice goal.

but what worries me is that Ovechkin didn't get a similar thread when he scored a similar goal (his 2nd shootout goal) while making 1 more move than Crosby.
Why should it worry you? Next time your favorite player does something exciting, start a thread. Crosby fans are entitled to getting excited over their kid. You are entitled to do the same. ;)

Zen Arcade

Bigger than Kiss
Sep 21, 2004
Pittsburgh
roshiajin said:
very nice goal.

Why does that worry you?

Canuck21t

Feb 4, 2004
Montreal, QC
JP said:
It is! so you're right on! But wait crosby made the water bottle popped up! oh my god he's got to be god because of that eh! :sarcasm: This thread would have stayed only on crosby if he wouldn't have used AO's move from not long ago! that's why!!! That's why i laughed when i saw him did it! As the right moment he did it, before the puck was in the net, I was thinkin, he's doin AO's leg kick up! Then he scored and I knew everyone that loves crosby would talk about it, that it would get blown out of proportion, that it would be everywhere. We're talking about AO because he did it first this year! :handclap:
You know, I was getting tired of all the Crosby hype but I'm starting to get really tired of all the Ovechkin whiners too. Do you know how many time I've heard people call Ovechkin god? Too many for me to even care now. It comes to a point now that people have to defend Crosby from all the Ovechkin's fans attacks coming from all directions. You guys a pathetic.

Canuck21t

Feb 4, 2004
Montreal, QC
Wingmanrob said:
But wasn't that Crosby's first goal in a shoot out?? I may be wrong but hasn't he had all the others during the season and pre-season miss or get saved?
Who cares if it's his only goal, it was a very nice-looking goal and that's all I care.

ktownhockey

Mar 29, 2004
Ontario canada
pei fan said:
Daigle, Daigle, Daigle....................remember that.....................................
....................where are those guys anyway? :dunno:

I know what you mean

All the Crosby haters have seemed to disappear

Wait though, if he goes on a 2 game pointless drought they'll be back

This kid is awesome

Canuck21t

Feb 4, 2004
Montreal, QC
CSKA said:
Oh boy i just wonder if anybody seen some of 12 Ovechkin goals so far ? I mean i can make a extra thread for 8 of hes 12 goals and i dont count the SO goals !

This thread :biglaugh:

And some of you said that goal was amazing ? How about that : http://www.rh71.com/projects/ovechkin/vids/goal8.avi ???
How about it? Well it was good but not that awsome, at least not to my eyes, I saw better from Jeff Carter when he stole the puck from Ovechkin; that was something to see. There was this shootout goal from Ovy some other night that was sick. Anyone has it/them? Anyway, whether that particular goal was awesome or not, Ovechkin is an amazing player and is better than Crosby at the moment. Still the shootout goal from Crosby was jaw-dropping.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->