Crosby in NHL

Status
Not open for further replies.

Epsilon

#basta
Oct 26, 2002
South Cackalacky
steblick said:
Of course. Crosby is the best offensive prospect in about 20 years. If he could only match a Patrice Bergeron in his 18 yr. old season it would be shocking. Let's make no bones about it- this guy SHOULD score more as an 18 yr old than anyone in a decade or two. Why people are predicting a rather mediocre or pedestrian beginning to his NHL career is beyond me.

Because this thread is about if he played in the next this upcoming season, not for his natural rookie year.

Skylab

Feb 27, 2002
Saskatoon
Visit site
Without knowing the team, the linemates and the situation it becomes very hard to "guess" correctly. Would anyone have predicted the rookie season that Joe Thornton had (3 goals, 4 assists in 55 games). Could he have bettered those numbers with more ice-time, different linemates, different team? I'd suggest yes, but instead he was brought along slowly and taught other aspects of the game to make him a better overall player down the road.
I also think that those of you who are comparing players as 20 year old rookies with what Crosby might do at 17 are really underestimating the impact of three years of growth, maturity and physical strength

TomasPlekanec

Apr 17, 2004
Québec
If he would play with the Habs next year he would play the wing with Koivu and Zednik, being Kovalev's replacement..
Sidney Crosby - Saku Koivu - Richard Zednik

He'll get injured that's for sure, there's a difference between QMJHL's contacts and NHL's contacts, so he might be able to play 60 games. Playing around 15 minutes game, PP Time on the 2nd Unit with the likes of Bulis and Bonk, he might pot 15 goals and add 25 assists. 15-25-40 in 60 games as a 16/17 years old without any profesional experience before, it's very good. Watch him get 55 points the year after at 17/18, then 70 at 18/19, and finally playing all the 82 games at 19/20 he might get 85. Then he explose putting 1300 points in the 10 following years, hitting the Free Agency markets at 30 having near 1500 points already, and still in his prime. Can't wait to see this kid play, hope he'll end up in the West tho..

NYFAN

Jul 8, 2004
Long Island
Komisarek8 said:
40-50 pts??!?!?!?

WOW! let's calm down here.

This guy is small and very very WEAK! yes you can say he's strong compared to his age or whatever but we're talking about NHL! here...you see the size of the defenseman and the forwards that will take a run at him, I would be surprised if he got 25 pts.
Wasn't the same thing said about Gretzky when he turned pro ? Too small and fragile, not nearly strong enough. How'd that turn out?

NYFAN

Jul 8, 2004
Long Island
stockwizard said:
People are forgetting he is 16 years old and 185. I am definetely skeptical about that info.

If it was true, he would be the strongest natural 16 year old I have ever heard of.

You're right. Some massive guys full of roids can't squat that much for reps.
What are you talking about? At 16 years of age I was squatting 420 lbs and weighed only 187. I didn't do roids and lifted only three times a week. He could easily be doing that amount, especially as a highly trained athlete, whos legs are probably his most important asset right now!

Lobstertainment

Oh no, my brains.
Nov 26, 2003
Toronto
if he played last year? probably 4th line Minutes.

Yes Crosby is a damn good Hockey player but for the love of pete throw some 3rd or 4th liners in the Q and I think they'd put up Crosby type numbers no problem.

he's matured though and has another year to Mature by that time he could step in and have an impact of the 50+ point range if you take last year's crosby and put him in the NHL I have my doubts that he'd be putting up 50 points in the NHL.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad