Crosby in NHL

Status
Not open for further replies.

trahans99

Apr 7, 2004
Home of the 2005 Memorial Cup
If Crosby was in the NHL this season (hypothetically) what kind of impact would he have? Would he be a first line, 2nd line, 3rd line or 4th line player?

How many points would you think he'd get? Once again this is just a question, I know he's only 17.

Also assume he was on a terrible team like Washington or Pittsburgh.

Thanks I just wanna see what people think of how good he is right now.

ktownhockey

Mar 29, 2004
Ontario canada
On a crappy team like Washington or Pittsburgh I'd have top say he'd be second line at the worse.

I could see him playing in Pitts with Mark Recchi and Malone or Morosov....(if mario doesnt come back)

and in washington he could play on the top two line easily...

I think IF he was their this season he would have 23 goals 45 assists = 68 points...

Rookie of the year unless Ovechkin or someone else comes in and tears it up.

Lionel Hutz

Apr 13, 2004
Locking the Lounge??
I find referring to Washington and Pittburgh as "terrible" and "crappy" is a very low calibre comment, if you put some thought into it and come up with something much better, and much less ignorant.

If Crosby were drafted right now, I'd say give him another year in the Q. Can't hurt. I don't feel his impact would be that outrageous right now that it would be worth putting him in the NHL without the benefit of first becoming an adult and putting on some mass.

gretzky1545

Jun 8, 2004
Lionel Hutz said:
I find referring to Washington and Pittburgh as "terrible" and "crappy" is a very low calibre comment, if you put some thought into it and come up with something much better, and much less ignorant.

If Crosby were drafted right now, I'd say give him another year in the Q. Can't hurt. I don't feel his impact would be that outrageous right now that it would be worth putting him in the NHL without the benefit of first becoming an adult and putting on some mass.

Ok, A) washington and Pittsburgh are relatively terrible teams. That might be offensive, but a random player will probably be on a higher line on those two teams than on most other teams in the league. So, merely for production THIS year, I'd say those two teams are terrible, obviously not in the future though.

B) I think it wasn't a reality quesiton, he seemed to be wondering how crosby at this stage in his development would fare on a lesser talented NHL team. Your answer was a real world thing, as it would make sense to leave him in the Q rather than rush him, but what if his only option was to play in the NHL, how good would he be?

ktownhockey

Mar 29, 2004
Ontario canada
Lionel Hutz said:

I appolagize for my "ignorance" however they arent very good.

I dont think this necessarily means that it is an ignorant comment... IMO anyways

LaLaLaprise

lalalaprise -twitter
Feb 28, 2002
Halifax, Nova Scotia
Lionel Hutz said:

LOL you gusy finished last and 2nd last. WASH tanked it to get Ovechkin, instead of throwing stones perhaps you should sit back and ENJOY being bad diring the best 2 draft years (#1 overall) in the last decade.

LaLaLaprise

lalalaprise -twitter
Feb 28, 2002
Halifax, Nova Scotia
ktownhockey said:
I appolagize for my "ignorance" however they arent very good.

I dont think this necessarily means that it is an ignorant comment... IMO anyways

I find you are just being honest :)

PITT and WSH were the worst of the worst last year. It is a fact. Washington will stay bad because they have only added rookies. PITT added some vets.

Lionel Hutz

Apr 13, 2004
Locking the Lounge??
La-La-Laprise said:
I find you are just being honest :)

PITT and WSH were the worst of the worst last year. It is a fact. Washington will stay bad because they have only added rookies. PITT added some vets.

Well sorry, I find characterizing a group of people as crappy to be ignorant, you could do much better and be much more descriptive. Cut it any way you like.

trahans99

Apr 7, 2004
Home of the 2005 Memorial Cup
Lionel Hutz said:
Well sorry, I find characterizing a group of people as crappy to be ignorant, you could do much better and be much more descriptive. Cut it any way you like.

I said Pitt and Wash are terrible teams based on last year. Don't get mad, look at the standings. This year Pittsburgh should be a bit better due to a few free agent signings and the rookies having another year under their belt. Washington on the other hand, will probably finish in the bottom 3 because they have done nothing and will depend on Ovechkin (which at 18 is not enough to pull them out of the dumpster).

Look at it this way Wash fans, you have a decent shot at getting 2 of the best players potentially in the last 15 years. Imagine if Gretzky and Lemieux were 1 year apart and on the same team.

Lionel Hutz

Apr 13, 2004
Locking the Lounge??
trahans99 said:
I said Pitt and Wash are terrible teams based on last year. Don't get mad, look at the standings. This year Pittsburgh should be a bit better due to a few free agent signings and the rookies having another year under their belt. Washington on the other hand, will probably finish in the bottom 3 because they have done nothing and will depend on Ovechkin (which at 18 is not enough to pull them out of the dumpster).

Look at it this way Wash fans, you have a decent shot at getting 2 of the best players potentially in the last 15 years. Imagine if Gretzky and Lemieux were 1 year apart and on the same team.

First and foremost, please do not confuse me with a Washington fan.

I'm not saying the teams are great, disputing their place at the bottom of the league. I'm just saying calling a team terrible or crappy is bush league. You GUYS (not singular) can do better than that. ;)

and to answer the original question, I believe if thrown in to the fire, which would only happen on a weak team, he would be good for approx 40 pts, with just under 20 goals.

Hopefully he wouldn't get freight-trained.

Last edited:

Birko19

Aug 13, 2002
Hamilton, Ont
Visit site

It all depends on what team he get's drafted by, if it's a weak team where they need him right after being drafted then I can see him putting up decent numbers as a rookie, somwhere between 40-50 points on a 2nd line with some time on the top line.

If he get's drafted by a powerhouse club then he won't be in the NHL since those kind of teams can afford managing without his help, so they leave him developing in the Q and even perhaps their farm team.

Traitor8

Nov 3, 2003
Visit site
40-50 pts??!?!?!?

WOW! let's calm down here.

This guy is small and very very WEAK! yes you can say he's strong compared to his age or whatever but we're talking about NHL! here...you see the size of the defenseman and the forwards that will take a run at him, I would be surprised if he got 25 pts.

CoupeStanley

Dec 1, 2003
Nicolet
coupestanley.com
Komisarek8 said:
40-50 pts??!?!?!?

This guy is small and very very WEAK! yes you can say he's strong compared to his age or whatever but we're talking about NHL! here...you see the size of the defenseman and the forwards that will take a run at him, I would be surprised if he got 25 pts.

He's small but bulky and have a very low center of gravity that make him very strong on his skate. He's such a fast and agile skater and has "Gretzky-like" vision of the game.

With PP time, 50pts is far from a reach. He's that good.

LaLaLaprise

lalalaprise -twitter
Feb 28, 2002
Halifax, Nova Scotia
Komisarek8 said:
40-50 pts??!?!?!?

LOL by saying that you've proven your ignorance.

pei fan

Jan 3, 2004
Komisarek8 said:
40-50 pts??!?!?!?

"very very WEAK" LOL .Sidney squats 400lbs.How many NHL players are doing that.Not many .Sidney is very very STRONG.

AG9NK35DT8*

pei fan said:
"very very WEAK" LOL .Sidney squats 400lbs.How many NHL players are doing that.Not many .Sidney is very very STRONG.
where did u find that info from? curious

Le Golie

Jul 4, 2002
CoupeStanley said:
He's small but bulky and have a very low center of gravity that make him very strong on his skate. He's such a fast and agile skater and has "Gretzky-like" vision of the game.

With PP time, 50pts is far from a reach. He's that good.

If you ever need proof that someone has never seen Crosby play, all you have to do is wait for them to say he is weak.

AJ1982

Feb 27, 2002
New York
Visit site
Lionel Hutz said:
First and foremost, please do not confuse me with a Washington fan.

I'm not saying the teams are great, disputing their place at the bottom of the league. I'm just saying calling a team terrible or crappy is bush league. You GUYS (not singular) can do better than that. QUOTE]

So basically you are calling for everyone to be politically correct so as to not hurt the feelings of any sensitive caps or pens fans? There is enough political correctness going on in the media that I don't think we need to begin having PC police patrolling these boards.

Freudian

Clearly deranged
Jul 3, 2003
20 points playing on a second line. Would miss about the half of the season because of injuries and with a lesson in the massive difference between playing against men and playing against boys.

moosefan

Feb 27, 2002
Halifax, Nova Scotia
Til the End of Time said:
Most players can probably squat 400 lbs. It is not that heavy.

I work out 5 days a week and have been doing that for years now, and 400lbs is a good weight on squat, I have seen many people who are huge do squats and they are doing like 5 to 6 plates per side and these guys are in their 30s, I can only do 3 per side. Crosby is doing almost 4 plates per side, and at 17 years old that is great!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad