Crosby has 4 goals in his last 27 games. Is he still hurt?

Status
Not open for further replies.

daver

Apr 4, 2003
Visit site
It's pretty much the same 5-10 posters (who are usually in every Crosby thread) who are just licking their chops at the thought of Crosby slipping up.

This thread is about his goal scoring and why he is so terrible at it nowadays.

Case in point.

Love to see him win the Art Ross with a bunch of assists just so the anti-Crosby crowd will have some new material. The usual stuff is getting stale.

mrv52

Jan 22, 2004
Case in point.

Love to see him win the Art Ross with a bunch of assists just so the anti-Crosby crowd will have some new material. The usual stuff is getting stale.

Very neutral POV there daver.

Good to confirm why you post all this stuff.

zero8771

Jun 15, 2012
And nothing to do with this thread.

It has plenty to do with it. Thread title: sid isn't scoring goals, why? is he hurt?

answer: he has 5 pts in last 2 games and has been warming up. he isn't hurt he is simply passing more and was in a slump.

Just because something doesn't fit a narrative doesnt mean it doesn't belong in the thread

Czech Your Math

I am lizard king
Jan 25, 2006
bohemia
Ted Lindsay is the only one to win it with fewer than 25 goals way back in 1949-50.

Crosby needs probably 25 goals to have a chance of winning it without solely relying on assists.

That's what? 14 goals in 43 games. I think he'll do it.

Aside from the 2013 shortened season, no player has led the league in scoring with fewer than 29 goals since Mikita had 28 over a 70 game schedule in '65.

DearDiary

🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷
Aug 29, 2010
Aside from the 2013 shortened season, no player has led the league in scoring with fewer than 29 goals since Mikita had 28 over a 70 game schedule in '65.

It's pretty obvious you would need more than 30 goals when it took 150 points to win the art ross in the past, and 120 points more recently. The league today, you can get 100 points with 30 goals/70 assists and win the art ross.

Fergus

Feb 16, 2014
It has plenty to do with it. Thread title: sid isn't scoring goals, why? is he hurt?

answer: he has 5 pts in last 2 games and has been warming up. he isn't hurt he is simply passing more and was in a slump.

Just because something doesn't fit a narrative doesnt mean it doesn't belong in the thread

So 2 games is good enough sample to say he's warming up, now he has 1 point in 2 games...back to slumping?

Plural

Mar 10, 2011
How did Crosby look tonight? Still having hard time of shooting the puck?

alexny

Jun 15, 2014
Did the Pens ever say what exactly his wrist injury was? First he was supposed to have surgery, then it was announced he was rehabbing instead.

I wonder if rehabbing was the right call ...

penguins2946*

Crosby made some really dumb decisions last night, but his shot didn't look off. Rask was stonewalling the Pens yesterday.

Til the End of Time

May 18, 2003
Santa Monica, CA
Visit site
another dissappointing and unfortunately "standard" game for sid. a few good looks/chances, some very questionable decision-making, and no points.

this is shaping up to be the worst season of his career. he looks like he did in '08-'09 but without the goal scoring.

i would love for him to string together a few big games and shut this thread down, but as of now this is a sad season for him. finally healthy for two years in a row and rather than stringing together dominant seasons and back to back hardware, he's having his worst season.

KnoccOut

Dec 23, 2008
Toronto
Might be a down year for him but I dont think he's done.. I can see him coming back next year back to his best.

Church of Toews*

I cant wait until he plays an elite team like Buffalo, Edmonton, or Carolina and gets a multipoint night and proves how elite he still is.:sarcasm:

orby

Jun 16, 2013
Erie, PA
www.youtube.com
His shooting percentage is insanely low this year as compared to his career average. Assuming he's not injured he's just getting very unlucky and should eventually start progressing toward his career mean shooting percentage. If he gets to play with Hornqvist and Perron for the last half of the season i expect to see a huge rebound.

Tripod

I hate this team
Aug 12, 2008
Nova Scotia
yeah...really...anything going forward about Sid should just be put in the Art Ross race thread. He will turn it around...he always does.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad