Crosby/Gretzky/Howe vs. Ovechkin/Lemieux/McDavid?

Pick the best line!

• Total voters

newfy

Jul 28, 2010
Gretzky is the best player in the poll, Howe is the second best player in the poll... You obviously have to think about it when youre picking against Mario, OV, and McDavid but it wasnt a super hard decision either

authentic

Jan 28, 2015
I think it comes down to single season peak vs multi season peak. I considered the fact that Gretzky topped 200 points on 4 separate occasions.

I can see that, but the idea that it wouldn't be close if each were at their peaks is objectively false. As an all time ranking or ranking their entire primes of course Gretzky is #1.

Dessloch

DOPS keeping NHL players unsafe like its their job
Nov 29, 2005
Why the heck is Jaromir Jagr not on the Lemieux line instead of Ovechkin? Thought it was meant to have the 6 best attackers on there?

KoozNetsOff 92

Hala Madrid
Apr 6, 2016
Why the heck is Jaromir Jagr not on the Lemieux line instead of Ovechkin? Thought it was meant to have the 6 best attackers on there?

OV and Jagr are a wash at their peak (both are better than Crosby, McDavid tbd). But regardless of that, I'm guessing it's the fit. Jagr was a great goal scorer but he's mainly a playmaker so that would make 3 guys who all need the puck on their stick. Whereas OV can just throw hits and get open to shoot while Lemieux and McDavid keep the puck. Just my thoughts, OP could be thinking something else.

authentic

Jan 28, 2015

That's precisely why I have Ovechkin over Jagr. Although there are times where I question if peak Ovechkin was actually better than peak Jagr. If any other forward in history is better at their peak it's him for sure.

authentic

Jan 28, 2015
OV and Jagr are a wash at their peak (both are better than Crosby, McDavid tbd). But regardless of that, I'm guessing it's the fit. Jagr was a great goal scorer but he's mainly a playmaker so that would make 3 guys who all need the puck on their stick. Whereas OV can just throw hits and get open to shoot while Lemieux and McDavid keep the puck. Just my thoughts, OP could be thinking something else.

This also helps but yeah I just think Ovechkin is a little better.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad