Crosby gold medal Jersey stolen

Status
Not open for further replies.

PEli*

Wouldn't this jersey have gone up for charity auction on eBay or something? If so, this person should be feeling horrible.

littleHossa

Apr 7, 2003
Ottawa
Visit site
Alexander the Great said:
Your kidding right? I mean a jersey like that on the black market could net you 20,000 thousand bucks or more
It's a freaking jersey, not a stereo or a nuke, how many "black market" hockey fans do you know? The collector who will have this on display in his house won't be able to brag about it, it was stolen and it just lost some of its prestige, jerseys are useless besides showing them off, which gets tricky when it has a shady history.

FLYLine27*

BUCH
Nov 9, 2004
NY
Looks like Crosbys going to have to bid on his own jersey just to at least have one of them. That sucks. Whoever stole it is a deadbeat.

IkeaMonkey*

littleHossa said:
It's a freaking jersey, not a stereo or a nuke, how many "black market" hockey fans do you know?

:lol :lol :lol

PanthersRule96

Jun 15, 2003
Visit site
MojoJojo said:
Yeah, in ten years, IF Crosby gets a few scoring titles, and IF it wasnt stolen.
Well, considering the one that WASN'T worn in the finals is at 18,700 right now and that's not even the gold medal jersey and he hasn't done anything yet, in 10 years, you could get 50,000+ and if he's a hall of famer and retires, maybe mid hundred thousands.

Crosbyfan

Nov 27, 2003
PanthersRule said:
Well, considering the one that WASN'T worn in the finals is at 18,700 right now and that's not even the gold medal jersey and he hasn't done anything yet, in 10 years, you could get 50,000+ and if he's a hall of famer and retires, maybe mid hundred thousands.

Any chance it could be worth more now than in ten years time, even if he proves to be a star player?

What are Lindros/Sakic/Lemieux/Gretzky's game worn WJC jerseys worth today? :dunno: (I have no idea)

Either way I think it's something he would want to keep, not sell.

chicpea*

PanthersRule said:

You have to also consider that some bidders are likely inflating the cost in order to help with tsunami relief.

hfboardsuser

Nov 18, 2004
It's a freaking jersey, not a stereo or a nuke, how many "black market" hockey fans do you know?

Yeah, that's as stupid as there being a black market for paintings and other forms of art. Who would buy that stuff? It doesn't do anything!

Edit: I see HFBoards doesn't support the sarcasm tag ;)

IkeaMonkey*

Mr Bugg said:
Yeah, that's as stupid as there being a black market for paintings and other forms of art. Who would buy that stuff? It doesn't do anything!

Edit: I see HFBoards doesn't support the sarcasm tag ;)

There's a difference between one of a kind art and a 17 year old kid's hockey jersey.

hfboardsuser

Nov 18, 2004
There's a difference between one of a kind art and a 17 year old kid's hockey jersey

Yes, because his and my jerseys would fetch the exact same amount from a buyer.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad