Status
Not open for further replies.

THE NEXT ONE #87

Dec 18, 2003
Zurich
Visit site
Tb0ne said:
How much more is he expected to grow?

How tall is he actually? 5'10, 5'10 and a half or actually 5'11 ?

When he was 16 I saw a picture of him standing beside is parents and neither were very short. Even his mother didn't look especially short for a women and his father was probably 6'0 (I think is listed at that height on Internet Hockey Database too from when he was drafted).

If he is an early bloomer and part of his success in QMJHL and Prep School Hockey was because he was stronger,faster and more coordinated than other players his age at the time and the reason his PPG rate is pretty much the same as last year in the QMJHL... (if that means he's reached his peak early?)

Comes into the NHL at 5'10-5'11 and doesn't grow much more:

be at worst (impact wise): 1st line player
be at best (impact wise): Sakic
be drafted (if there is one) by: Panthers (if they do that 1-10 draft thing)
score (in his rookie season): GP:82, G:15, A:33, P:48

Comes into the NHL at 6'0-6'1:

be at worst (impact wise): A top 15 1st line player.
be at best (impact wise): Forsberg + More assists and fewer injuries.
be drafted (if there is one) by: Atlanta (if they do that 1-10 draft thing)
score (in his rookie season): GP:82, G:35, A:53, P:88

Opposite ends of the spectrum really, if Atlanta drafts him I think he could put up some unreal numbers in his first season surrounded by all that talent.

That´s right. I think Crosby is 5´10 and a half. the problem is he didn´t grow since last year so i´m starting to think that he´s growing process already ended. We will see if his stature will hinder his success in the future.

Tb0ne

Nov 29, 2004
Victoria
Ah, that's what I wanted to hear.

What are the chances Crosby will reach that height though? I mean almost all guys I know are taller than their father's... so I'm guessing the chances are good he will break 6'0?

THE NEXT ONE #87

Dec 18, 2003
Zurich
Visit site
Tb0ne said:
Ah, that's what I wanted to hear.

What are the chances Crosby will reach that height though? I mean almost all guys I know are taller than their father's... so I'm guessing the chances are good he will break 6'0?

Yep usually u are taller than ur father but u have to know that crosby started at a very young age with weight training. That hinders your growth...

Particulary if u consume creatine. I dunno whether he did...

PockIsGoD

Apr 16, 2004
Sherbrooke, QC
Well, i think he is not far away form being 6'0. In the tournament organize by Yanic Perreault this summer in Sherbrooke, i met him and he was not that shorter then me. In fact i believe he was almost as high as i was, and i am 6'0. But i'm pretty sure he is almost done growing, at best he will be 6'0. But he is already really strong and put a lot of time on training, so i'm not too worried about the size matter.

Madevilz

Nov 9, 2003
Montreal
At 17 he's 5'10 193 lbs.
He might be short, but 193lbs for that height is beefy. (unless it aint lean mass...)

The human body doesnt stop growing till around 20, so at that age he might be very close to 6'0, and remember, he aint being trained by professionals from the NHL yet. With more weight training and even better nutritions, he might reach around 210-220lbs. A 6'0 220 lbs wont be intimidated by anyone.

THE NEXT ONE #87

Dec 18, 2003
Zurich
Visit site
Madevilz said:
At 17 he's 5'10 193 lbs.
He might be short, but 193lbs for that height is beefy. (unless it aint lean mass...)

The human body doesnt stop growing till around 20, so at that age he might be very close to 6'0, and remember, he aint being trained by professionals from the NHL yet. With more weight training and even better nutritions, he might reach around 210-220lbs. A 6'0 220 lbs wont be intimidated by anyone.

not everyone growes til 20!! til 20?? maybe 2% or less. crosby makes already weight training. he started it too early. he will never be 6´0 that´s a fact. he stopped growing.

Tb0ne

Nov 29, 2004
Victoria
Not a fact, but probably a strong possiblity.

As far as I know though Creatine doesn't stunt your growth, steroids sure do though.

If he is actually truely 5'11, and not hockey 5'11, he really won't have much more to go before he's 6'0... and given that his father was drafted at 6'0 (and probably at the age of 17-18) and is aparantly now 6'2, perhaps there is still time.

If he ends up being as tall as his dad is supposed to be... I don't think there will be any stopping him.

I do remember guys having growth spurts in grade 11 and afew in grade 12, I definatly wasn't one of them though. I was 5'10 170 in Grade 9 and never got any taller.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Ad

Ad

-->