Crosby will :

be at worst (skill wise): Brad Richards
be at best (skill wise): Guy Lafleur
be drafted (if there is one) by: Chicago
score (in his rookie season): 70pts

Lessy

Jul 21, 2004
Sudbury
I hope Crosby is drafted by a team that isn't completely warped in terms of future depth and prospects. I'd kind of like to see Washington get him, or even Chicago. A Crosby-Ovechkin or even Crosby-Ruutu tandem for the next decade would be wild. Realistically, I expect Crosby to put up around 60 points in his rookie year.

markov`

Feb 23, 2003
Top 2 in the world
Visit site
be at worst (skill wise): Peter Forsberg
be at best (skill wise): Peter Forsberg
be drafted (if there is one) by: the team who owns the 1st overall
score (in his rookie season): 65pts

FLYLine27*

BUCH
Nov 9, 2004
NY
Hes not going to get over 50 points his rookie season. Every team, every player everyone is going to be targeting him. He'll get better though each season..but i dont think he'll get more then 50 points the 1st season.

Form and Substance

Jun 11, 2004
FLYLine4LIFE said:
Hes not going to get over 50 points his rookie season. Every team, every player everyone is going to be targeting him. He'll get better though each season..but i dont think he'll get more then 50 points the 1st season.

I actually think it's the opposite, people will underestimate his skills for the first year (thus he'll pile up the numbers) and then he'll suffer through a terrible sophomore slump.

Hughes J Laffy

A-Laf #13
Mar 22, 2002
Im the guy next door
be at worst (skill wise): A too talented 3rd line checker
be at best (skill wise): Marcel Dionne/Pat LaFontaine with better D play and physical
be drafted (if there is one) by: Chicago, Penguins, Rangers, Phoenix, Capitals, I hope Chicago get the pick
score (in his rookie season): 50-60 points

Epsilon

#basta
Oct 26, 2002
South Cackalacky
at worst: solid 2-way player; can't think of anyone in particular
at best: Peter Forsberg with superior goal-scoring
drafted by: New York Rangers
rookie points: 55-60

pei fan

Jan 3, 2004
At worst a more injured Peter Forsberg
At best a rich man's Forsberg(and one of the most complete players of all time)
drafted by Columbus (hoping)
90+ points in his rookie year(at least 2 years away and a few rule changes).

Last edited:

flip588

Mar 22, 2004
To say at worst he would be Forsberg or Richards is a bit of a strecth. I don't doubt he'll play in the NHL, but nothing is a sure thing, especially tagging a player as 'The Next One' or even a franchise player.

It doesn't look likely that he'll be a bust, but anything can happen. That being said, don't jump all over me just because I suggested that anything is possible.

PanthersRule96

Jun 15, 2003
Visit site
be drafted (if there is one) by: hmmm, one of CHI, PIT, FLA, I have this weird feeling that if they have a 3 tier lottery, that FLA may end up lucking out and getting #1 :dunno: , I've had it ever since i heard that rumor. I dunno, we've lucked out in the lottery several times before.
score (in his rookie season): 50[/QUOTE]

Chimaera

same ol' Caps
Feb 4, 2004
La Plata, Maryland
At worst he'll be out of the league. He could also pull a Daigle and hang around as a bust for a few years, and then play ok for someone. (Read 3rd liner, 40 points tops, ever)

At best, he could be a top 5 player. I don't know if he's going to reach the next "One" level. But, he should be a solid offensive player. And I doubt he's a Forsberg. He just doesn't have it defensively. Those comparisons are silly.

Team drafted to... It'll probably be Chicago, Phoenix or Pittsburgh, or some team offering a boatload to get him. (I don't say the Caps out of fear of jinxing them... ;))

Rookie points - 40ish. Tops.

PockIsGoD

Apr 16, 2004
Sherbrooke, QC
Madevilz said:
A little prediction game :lol:

Crosby will :

be at worst (skill wise): Brad Richards
be at best (skill wise): Guy Lafleur
be drafted (if there is one) by: Chicago
score (in his rookie season): 70pts

Be at worst: Daniel Briere like
Be at best : Joe Sakic like
Be drafted : I'm gonna go with Columbus Zherdev - Crosby - Nash WOAAAA!!!
Rookie point: I don't see why he should get less point then Heatley/Kovalchuk had in there rookie year. (Heatley 82 ga, 26g 41a, Kovalchuk 65 ga, 29g 22a) I see Sydney get, depending on his linemates, get somethings like 20-35-55 to 25-45-70. Depend also if he plays a full season ect. But something between 55 and 70 points is possible.

Kings16

Jun 30, 2004
Crosby has the heart and leadership of Yzerman; the skill of Forsberg; the determination and smarts of Gretzky.

I see him as no other player to come before him.

He will be the most important player of his time. If he does meet expectations, he'll become a future team leader, smart & savy player who will play through injuries and will never take a night off. Will win Stanley Cups 'cause he'll make all the players around him better.

To compare him to a possible Daigle (as one poster did) is the most ridiculous comparison ... unless Crosby discovers that he likes drugs & the spotlight more than hockey ... not freakin' likely.

THE NEXT ONE #87

Dec 18, 2003
Zurich
Visit site
Kings16 said:
Crosby has the heart and leadership of Yzerman; the skill of Forsberg; the determination and smarts of Gretzky.

I see him as no other player to come before him.

He will be the most important player of his time. If he does meet expectations, he'll become a future team leader, smart & savy player who will play through injuries and will never take a night off. Will win Stanley Cups 'cause he'll make all the players around him better.

To compare him to a possible Daigle (as one poster did) is the most ridiculous comparison ... unless Crosby discovers that he likes drugs & the spotlight more than hockey ... not freakin' likely.

[/QUOTE]
Be at worst: Daniel Briere like
Be at best : Joe Sakic like
Be drafted : I'm gonna go with Columbus Zherdev - Crosby - Nash WOAAAA!!!
Rookie point: I don't see why he should get less point then Heatley/Kovalchuk had in there rookie year. (Heatley 82 ga, 26g 41a, Kovalchuk 65 ga, 29g 22a) I see Sydney get, depending on his linemates, get somethings like 20-35-55 to 25-45-70. Depend also if he plays a full season ect. But something between 55 and 70 points is possible.[/QUOTE]

I totally agree with that.

trahans99

Apr 7, 2004
Home of the 2005 Memorial Cup
I would love to see Crosby get drafted by Columbus and be on a power play with Nash and Zherdev :eek:

Or with Atlanta (although very unlikely)

Heatley - Crosby - Kovalchuk .... wow that would be the best line in the past decade

Tb0ne

Nov 29, 2004
Victoria
How much more is he expected to grow?

How tall is he actually? 5'10, 5'10 and a half or actually 5'11 ?

When he was 16 I saw a picture of him standing beside is parents and neither were very short. Even his mother didn't look especially short for a women and his father was probably 6'0 (I think is listed at that height on Internet Hockey Database too from when he was drafted).

If he is an early bloomer and part of his success in QMJHL and Prep School Hockey was because he was stronger,faster and more coordinated than other players his age at the time and the reason his PPG rate is pretty much the same as last year in the QMJHL... (if that means he's reached his peak early?)

Comes into the NHL at 5'10-5'11 and doesn't grow much more:

be at worst (impact wise): 1st line player
be at best (impact wise): Sakic
be drafted (if there is one) by: Panthers (if they do that 1-10 draft thing)
score (in his rookie season): GP:82, G:15, A:33, P:48

Comes into the NHL at 6'0-6'1:

be at worst (impact wise): A top 15 1st line player.
be at best (impact wise): Forsberg + More assists and fewer injuries.
be drafted (if there is one) by: Atlanta (if they do that 1-10 draft thing)
score (in his rookie season): GP:82, G:35, A:53, P:88

Opposite ends of the spectrum really, if Atlanta drafts him I think he could put up some unreal numbers in his first season surrounded by all that talent.

Crosbyfan

Nov 27, 2003
Tb0ne said:
When he was 16 I saw a picture of him standing beside is parents and neither were very short. Even his mother didn't look especially short for a women and his father was probably 6'0 (I think is listed at that height on Internet Hockey Database too from when he was drafted).

t.

I think Troy is 6'2" now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->