Crosby for McDavid 1:1

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheBusiness

Jul 31, 2014
This happens every year. The hot new prospect is compared to Crosby. Hall, Tavares, Stamkos at the very least I remember hearing "the next Crosby".

Crosby is the most valuable player in a 1-1 trade in the league in my opinion. Some people opinion may be swayed by the 1/3 cap hit on a top pick but a guy would have to put up some very very crazy numbers to get traded for So I'd before even playing

Pharrell Williams

watch me whip and nae nae
Sep 15, 2013
a particular place or position.
I can't wait until this poll gets closed by a mod, and rightfully so because it's ridiculous. :handclap:

Also, I just actually looked at that thread and agreed with what somebody else said. There's no way we would ever trade Crosby for McDavid, but there is no way the team that drafts McDavid would want to trade him for Crosby either.

Last edited:

Fordy

May 28, 2008
do people think there are just multiple sidney crosby's? if mcdavid ever gets anywhere near crosby it'll be a huge achievement

Harv

R.I.P. Pavol.
Dec 30, 2007
Call me when McDavid scores over a goal per game this year..

iFishyHD

Dec 27, 2010
Pittsburgh
Call me when McDavid scores over a goal per game this year..

Your ridiculous. Nobody has ever scored 82 goals in 82 game other then Lemieux, Hull, and Gretzky x2. McDavid would be lucky to ever become as good as Crosby.

Randy Butternubs

Mar 15, 2008
Morningside
Your ridiculous. Nobody has ever scored 82 goals in 82 game other then Lemieux, Hull, and Gretzky x2. McDavid would be lucky to ever become as good as Crosby.

I believe "this year" indicates in the OHL. Otters should be good, but for McDavid to get over a goal per game would be to increase his goal scoring by 2.5 times. Dane Fox scored at a ridiculous pace and only managed 64 goals in 67 games. Harv won't be getting any calls.

iFishyHD

Dec 27, 2010
Pittsburgh
I believe "this year" indicates in the OHL. Otters should be good, but for McDavid to get over a goal per game would be to increase his goal scoring by 2.5 times. Dane Fox scored at a ridiculous pace and only managed 64 goals in 67 games. Harv won't be getting any calls.

Brain slipped, my bad, it's still ridiculous. McDavid and Mackinnon are overated, this site is taken over by "potential". I am not saying these players will be bad, but MacKinnon has played 1 season and McDavid none. They both could be top 5 or 10 players in the world. I still think they will never be as good as Crosby.

theicebox

#MonixWatch
Jan 8, 2010
Pittsburgh
I voted keep Crosby because I believe in loyalty and he is the franchise icon (+ Malkin), but I don't think the logic of this thread is as ridiculous as some posters are arguing.

Say McDavid is max 80% as good as Crosby. You are essentially trading 20 years of McDavid for 10 years of Crosby.

You don't trade the face of your franchise (in my book). Period. But I would have thought that the question might provoke a more interesting discussion.

DearDiary

🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷
Aug 29, 2010
Who says the Pens will have to trade for him?

mcd210133.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad