Crosby, Brule head NHL CSB rankings

Status
Not open for further replies.

Duff88

May 7, 2002
It seems like a good list, but Tom Fritsche and Chris Durand are quite low.

Newfie Bruin

Apr 30, 2003
NL
Visit site
few shockers in the Q...
10 Latendresse, Guillaume Drummondville 24-May-1987 6-2 218 RW L
20 Churilov, Gennady Quebec 5-May-1987 6-0.5 170 C L
there are rankings in the Q
Ryan Mior is 5th in the Q for Goalies...guess cause he wasn't playin much

MS

1%er
Mar 18, 2002
Vancouver, BC
Jay Thompson said:
Wow,Ryan O'Marra #8? Durand #5 on the WHL listing is a bit of a surprise too. Other than that, excellent list.

You think it's an excellent list? To me, it looks like it was done in crayons by a 12 y/o CHL fan. Oscars Bartulis and Chad Denny ahead of Latendresse? Cody Bass ahead of Ryder and Smolenak? Smolenak has been scoring about a goal-per-game over the past month, is 6'3, but is only the 24th best player in the OHL? Blair Jones ahead of Durand? John Flatters ahead of Jackson, Flatt, Kohn, Kurceba?

But these prelim rankings are always rubbish. Two years ago, they had Brent Seabrooke (at the time a consensus #1 pick) at #24 in the WHL behind a bunch of guys who weren't even drafted.

MHJS

Apr 8, 2003
Visit site
I definately think Smolanek will rise in the OHL. I was shocked to see O'Marra at #8.

Pleasantly surprised to see Bobby Ryan at #2, I've been very high on him for over a year now.

Sweeney

Nov 29, 2003
Rimouski
Visit site
ehh... Erick Tremblay is 25th... i guess thats a surprise for Rimouski.. Francois Bolduc is there too... he should go higner when cmes times to draft because of his size

Ismellofhockey

Mar 31, 2002
Visit site
What happened to Devereaux Heshmatpour, seems like a year ago (or maybe more) people were touting him as a 6-6 Bouwmeester (who might not be as tall but definitely competes with Devereaux in the "hard to spell" category), projections had him fighting Crosby for 1st overall. How's he played so far does anyone know?

What about goaltender Matthew Spezza, any relation to Jason?

hardcore_fan

Apr 27, 2002
Ottawa
Visit site
Ismellofhockey said:
What happened to Devereaux Heshmatpour, seems like a year ago (or maybe more) people were touting him as a 6-6 Bouwmeester (who might not be as tall but definitely competes with Devereaux in the "hard to spell" category), projections had him fighting Crosby for 1st overall. How's he played so far does anyone know?

What about goaltender Matthew Spezza, any relation to Jason?

It's his younger brother.

Brock

Feb 27, 2002
The GTA
ohlprospects.blogspot.com
MHJS said:
I definately think Smolanek will rise in the OHL. I was shocked to see O'Marra at #8.

Pleasantly surprised to see Bobby Ryan at #2, I've been very high on him for over a year now.

Why were you pleasantly surprised with Ryan's ranking?

If he wasn't in the top 3, then the list would have been even more of a POS.

Ryan has been a top 3 eligible player from the OHL all year, even dating back to last year's predictions. I can't ever think of a time where Ryan wasn't considered to be at or near the top of the OHL's crop for the 2005 draft.

SPORTSMANIAC

Nov 15, 2004
Lewiston, Maine
mvn.com
I am a Lewiston Maineaics fan and I m not surprised to see Alex Bourret at 5 and Matthieu Aubin at 11 but Chad Denny at 6 that seems to be surprise to me. I know he is a sleeper on the Maineaics but I didn't think he was that high

Waveburner

Sep 22, 2002
Just out of curiosity where does this Jack Johnson play that everyone keeps talking about? I don't see him on any of the lists.

NYR469

Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
Waveburner said:
Just out of curiosity where does this Jack Johnson play that everyone keeps talking about? I don't see him on any of the lists.

johnson plays for the US U-18 team, so he doesn't qualify for any of those list since he doesn't play in the WHL, OHL, QMJHL, or NCAA

A Good Flying Bird*

Waveburner said:

Johnson, Jack Skille, and Ryan Stoa (potential first rounders) play for USA Hockey's NTDP in Ann Arbor. I guess central scouting doesn't include them.

MHJS

Apr 8, 2003
Visit site
Brock said:
Why were you pleasantly surprised with Ryan's ranking?

If he wasn't in the top 3, then the list would have been even more of a POS.

Ryan has been a top 3 eligible player from the OHL all year, even dating back to last year's predictions. I can't ever think of a time where Ryan wasn't considered to be at or near the top of the OHL's crop for the 2005 draft.

It was based on the fact that I didn't expect him to be ranked #2, though I had him there. I figured he'd be around 5th.

I ranked O'Marra 1st, Ryan 2nd, Lashoff 3rd, Pouliot 4th, and Staal 5th

Blackshad

Oct 12, 2002
IMO Latendresse deserve be to there. I saw many prospects on this list that deserve to be in front of him. (for now) He may climb up very fast if he have a good 2nd tier of the season.

Last edited:

kruezer

Apr 21, 2002
North Bay
He plays on the USNDP Team I believe, maybe the U18 I'm not sure, I guess there not considered part of NA.

Surprised to see Bourret at 5, he's not tall, but its not like he's small, He should be ahead of JP Paquet at least IMO.

dubfan

Jun 1, 2004
monster_bertuzzi said:
Matt Kassian over Tim Kraus is just shocking to me. Kassian is a 6'6'' goon that cant even skate where as Kraus is actually a talented player.

yes, kraus should most definately be in there. franson should be nowhere near this list as well!! kind of surprising to me.

monster_bertuzzi

May 26, 2003
Vancouver
Visit site
dubfan said:
yes, kraus should most definately be in there. franson should be nowhere near this list as well!! kind of surprising to me.

I can tell you that Fransson has improved his game quite a bit since last year, and has also grown into a 6'5'' frame. I agree that Fransson is too high on the list, but he has ''stuff'' that scouts like - so that I can understand. How Kassian is on there just baffles me though.

pei fan

Jan 3, 2004
Leachmeister2000 said:
Heinh? LAtendresse #10? on the Q list?
He's recovering from a shoulder injury and there are forwards playing better
than him now but when the time comes he will be drafted higher than 10th out
of the Q.Bourdon at #2 is a big surprise.IMO Zagrapan,Bourret,and Latendresse
will get the #2,3,&4 spots out of the Q.This Q list is really a mess what do you
guys from the west and Ont. think of the other lists.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad