Crosby and Malkin need to wake up

Status
Not open for further replies.

Varan

Nov 27, 2016
Toronto, Ontario
Abysmal. Crosby hasn't scored a point and getting completely shut down, Malkin (while he has scored) looks lifeless out there and disinterested. What the hell is going on? They're going to get swept like this.

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA
I think this is meant for the playoff board.

Regardless though, the Penguins just aren't a very good team. I threw out this possibility right when the series was announced, so I can't act really surprised. The Islanders are a great defensive team and the Penguins turned into a team who couldn't score down the stretch. Without Murray's play down the stretch, the Penguins wouldn't have made the playoffs. Bad collection of overrated players combined with a coach who doesn't know how to make them work is a really bad combination. They're dead in the water at this point.

Jacob

as seen on TV
Feb 27, 2002
The only reason they got in the playoffs was because their 1st line carried them in.

Jacob

as seen on TV
Feb 27, 2002
Trade anyone over the age of 28 not named Malkin, Crosby and Letang for picks and rebuild.

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA
It's almost as if the Islanders having the best defense in the regular season has transferred over the playoffs. Who would've thunk it?

Yeah, this is a stumbling offensive team vs a fantastic defensive team. I don't know why anyone expected anything differently. The Penguins were a middle of the pack offensive team in the last third of the season and their powerplay was the only thing that had them that high.

I just checked, the Penguins were 19th in ES goals/60 from February 1st until the end of the season. This shouldn't be a surprise that they're getting smacked.

Future GOAT

Apr 4, 2017
Trade anyone over the age of 28 not named Malkin, Crosby and Letang for picks and rebuild.
So you're saying they should trade Crosby?

edit: Ah you stealth edited it. I was wondering why you didn't mention Crosby's name at first, I see you changed it now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad