Critique Montreal's Selections

EagleBelfour

Jun 7, 2005
ehsl.proboards32.com
Good first round pick, great 1st 2nd round pick, Carle ?, Steal at third, can't care less about hte last two ... well valenthenko(?) has some potential ... a little.

KH1

I'm not really crazy about any of their picks except for Maxwell, who I think will be awesome.

Then again I'm a fan who's judging off of about a dozen scouting reports and the Habs have professional scouts making their picks, so take my word for what it's worth.

badrobot101

Jan 16, 2006
Toronto
I think it was an excellent draft for the Habs. Especially since they moved down. I don't know anything about the last two, but the first four players they took are all of good quality relative to where they were chosen. Ryan White was projected as a first rounder by some, so that's a good illustration of a successful draft for CH.

CH Wizard

It was ok but imo the dream draft...stopped when they picked Carle. This guy needs a heat, he has skills I cant deny that. I'm sure Osala, Anisimov were both available. I like this Ryan White kid...lots of grit and he has offensive skills. His team is a really low scoring team, I'd be surprise if he gets more then a PPG, next year. Maxwell was a solid pick too.

gars59

Jan 16, 2005
Trois-Rivières
It was ok but imo the dream draft...stopped when they picked Carle. This guy needs a heat, he has skills I cant deny that. I'm sure Osala, Anisimov were both available. I like this Ryan White kid...lots of grit and he has offensive skills. His team is a really low scoring team, I'd be surprise if he gets more then a PPG, next year. Maxwell was a solid pick too.

but carle now his draft by his favorite team can have motivation :yo:

Big Daddy

Dec 16, 2005
Cepek was a steal where you got him at. He was projected a 2nd rounder at the end of last season but he had a terrible broken wrist injury and he missed most of the season. His brief return at the end of the season was less that great but you could tell he was still not a 100%. Look for him to get back on track this season. He is an offensive minded defenseman who will also drop them anytime. He needs to work on adding good weight to his lanky frame.

Form and Substance

Jun 11, 2004
Honestly I think the last two drafts have been fantastic in terms of unearthing players with upside. I mean there are no Danny Stewarts here or players with next to no future. All the players picked have the potential to be beyond mere depth players. It was a good draft and could be a great one if two of Maxwell, White or Fischer pan out. My bet is on White and Fischer even though I like Maxwell a lot. Matt Carle has boom or bust potential. My hope is that he becomes a decent number 5 or 6 defender who can put up points across the board but won't be counted on in the dying seconds of a game. He's got good offensive potential though, there's no denying that. Cepek also intrigues me a lot, and who the hell is this Valentenko kid?

Talent Analyst

Dec 24, 2005
100th years
We have a solid draft and I really want to see what Pavel Volentenko can be , A steal ? a bust ?

Fischer look like a safety pick .

Maxwell and White look like steal .

Cepek and Carle I don't know much about them .. but look like solid pick !

I give a A- for the draft !

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
trust me... it won't make much of a difference

I'll tell you this season if we see a change here.

This season coming up won't really matter. It should be Carle's last in the Q and after putting up a ton of point this year, it's clear he's got offensive skills but imo the real test for him starts in Hamilton.

As for the draft I think the Habs did well although I didn't care for the Valentenko pick, it's not a big deal. Really like the White pick and have high hopes for Fischer. Maxwell imo needs to add more grit to his game, play more in the high traffic areas but I'll get a better feel for these guys over the next year.

KaptainKourage*

I LOVE our selections. Well, I like Carle scouting : good passer, can QBer a PP, not too bad on his own zone, not too much physical though, not an hard shot but a very good one. Sounds like Markov to me.

White / Maxwell have both 2nd-3rd line centre potential and its a good thing because Chipchura is the only centre in our organization with at least 3rd line centre potential. Or maybe Grabovsky.

We draft a dmen in the 1st round like we was supposed to do. A very good draft.

Habsaku

Apr 28, 2003
Montreal
Visit site
Personally, its been my favorite draft up to now. In 2002, the only pick that got me excited was Chris Higgins and I didnt think he'd developp this well. I'd be surprised if any of the guys drafted became stars and be even more surprised if Carle became anything more then a 6th defencemen, but I like how all of the guys picked have a legit shot at the NHL compared to previous selections.

Oh, and I cant believe the Habs got Ryan White.

Dominator13

Feb 20, 2003
hockey city
Dominator13
Carle = Andy Delmore

Delmore=played in the nhl and had a great season as pp quaterback, witch is what the Habs need, he'l be our next Brisebois minus the brain cramps and the huge over-rating, that's what we need... we have 3 normal first round choices so i"m really happy about our picks, every single one of them has a shot of making it

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->