Criticism of Flyers Media Personalities

Hextallent63

Oct 13, 2011
Hextall is a genius. Have the announcers talk up Hagg so much with fake news that another team will over pay for him!
Brandon Manning? I have no problems with our announcers but totally understand people's complaints. For instance JJ has done it so much over the years that even when it's not a close call he says, "And they say it's off sides....!" . Referring to the flyers going into the OZ. And Jonesys love affair with weise. If jonesy is doing a broadcast and Dale is playing you will most definitely hear how effective he is . Just a couple examples of the top of my head.

Reactions: gertbfrobe16

Ghosts Beer

I saw Goody Fletcher with the Devil!
Feb 10, 2014
Congrats on not refuting me. Well done. Shouldn't you be slamming someone for not being able to watch a game because a kid died? That seems more your style, you sure do suck at this "addressing the point thing." Go sort out that reading comprehensiom, see if you can hit that 3rd grade level.
Talk about reading comprehension problems — I never “slammed [you] for not being able to watch a game because a kid died.” I slammed you because you said Hakstol’s system pins his wingers on the walls when they take point shots & you are laughably wrong.

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train
Talk about reading comprehension problems — I never “slammed [you] for not being able to watch a game because a kid died.” I slammed you because you said Hakstol’s system pins his wingers on the walls when they take point shots & you are laughably wrong.

Three outlier games running against the fact that we bring absolutely minimal pressure because two wingers stay along the boards for years proves nothing. It's the equivalent of looking at Stolarz' performance last night and proclaiming our G woes over. There's a reason numerous other people see the exact same thing. There's a reason that strategy is reflected in stats and shooting charts. That you absolutely had a freakout over it and used my absence for a death as an avenue to bash me makes you scum. f*** off. You really don't deserve to be talked to, so this will be the last time I address you.

gertbfrobe16

Feb 3, 2018
i thought jonesy would be a fan favorite after the hot mic. I love jonesy. Can't lose him. Hartnell is not a color guy imo.
hartnell would at least be entertaining.jonesy is better on the national studio gig than repeating propaganda on the local feed.the hot mic thing would be great live though.

Dicky Dangles

dangles the puck.
Oct 3, 2006
Manhattan Beach
10-11-Upper-Deck-the-Cupcolby-Cohen-Rookie-Auto-patch.jpg

Fire everyone and let Colbster do a solo broadcast, a la Vin Scully.

Ruck Over

When the revolution comes, pants will do you no gd
Apr 19, 2016
Philadelphia, Pa
10-11-Upper-Deck-the-Cupcolby-Cohen-Rookie-Auto-patch.jpg

Fire everyone and let Colbster do a solo broadcast, a la Vin Scully.
I caught some of the PSU-Minny game that was on ESPNU last week Friday, and who do I hear over the telecast? Yeah, there was Buccigros, that guy is kinda cool. Used to have a real big soft spot for him (NHL 2Night), but the 4-letter network is kinda dead to me less some specific sporting events (usually PSU related).

No, there was the play-by-play, the color guy, and some weird annoying third voice. f***ing Colby Cohen, double dipping the Comcast Disney dollars to spout nonsense. Guy is such a tool.

Worst M/F/K ever- Potvin(k), Cohen(f), Daneyko(m)

Reactions: gertbfrobe16

Lotusflower

Tha Snake, Tha Rat, Tha Cat, Tha Dog
Dec 23, 2013
I've been saying that Saunders deserves to do TV over Jackson for years. The level of talent between the two is not close.

His voice takes some getting used to but it makes the calls that much more memorable imo.

Striiker

Earthquake Survivor
Jun 2, 2013
Pennsylvania
I just want our current group gone. They're horrible at their jobs, both in knowledge and just in basic broadcasting ability. Even their voices are unpleasant.

It's gotten so unbearable to me that I actually prefer the NBCSN feeds over the local ones.

I don't expect them to rip on the bad players or to bash the coaches. However, there's a massive middle ground between that and the ridiculous unnecessary/unprompted praise they heap on the trash we have. They also genuinely believe in the value of stats like "hits" or "+/-", which exposes their lack of knowledge. It sucks that their voices are going out to gullible casual fans, who will then parrot the stupidity online. Remember the Gaudreau comment where they couldn't believe he had no hits? As if that was important? It's really bad.

Reactions: trostol

wankstifier

All glory to the harvest god
Jun 19, 2018
I really want JJ gone. I actually don’t mind Jonesy that much, but he should go, too.

Reactions: Striiker

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad