Criticism of Flyers Media Personalities

The Rage Kage

Apr 21, 2014
This is true but it does not account for the fact that there a lot of people in the world who get substantial utility out of broadcasting their self-proclaimed intellectual superiority. It’s akin to politics except politicians broadcast their moral superiority.

Politicians do it for votes. Hiveminders do it for kinship. The Narcissism is the same, though.
You say this all the time as if you arent possibly the worst one on this board for it.

Ruck Over

When the revolution comes, pants will do you no gd
Apr 19, 2016
Philadelphia, Pa
Who wouldn't want to control policy. If my employee bad mouthed my company i would fire them in a heartbeat. Biting the hand that feeds you has never been a good strategy regardless of what field you're in.
This town is blessed with great sports announcers. Merrill Reese is a perfect example of a guy paid by a team, who has no problem being critical about the performance of the Eagles if done in a substandard way. Zumoff in times past has been closer to harsh about deserved poor play by the Sixers than Jackson ever gets to harsh for the Flyers. (I care nothing for the Phillies typically- total bandwagon fan there.) McGinnis can be critical as well.

There's a difference between burying a team, and blowing tropical flavored hashish smoke up everyone's rump.

Reactions: gertbfrobe16

LegionOfDoom91

Jan 25, 2013
Philadelphia, PA
84CE2864-736D-4630-8BBD-5B8B69143968.png

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
It's kinda stupid to expect the Flyer announcers to trash Hagg because he's not Sanheim.
The reason to trash him is because he's not Gudas.

Seriously, hits are good TV, it is entertainment, and you'd expect someone like Keith Jones who played the sport when tutus were banned to like a little contact.

And they say nice things about Sanheim, but how excited do you want them to get over a great neutral zone rush that ends up with a weak shot or a turnover - when he starts finishing those plays they'll slobber all over him.

Flybynite

Feb 25, 2018
I don't expect unbiased opinions from broadcasters paid by the team. I really hate seeing so many "reporters" just parroting what the Flyers want said or simply attacking Hextall because of lack of access and not his job as a GM.

Ghosts Beer

I saw Goody Fletcher with the Devil!
Feb 10, 2014
Clement is the worst of the lot for being an over-the-top company man. It’s a shame, because he’s a smooth speaker & a smart guy who obviously sees a lot more of what’s really happening on the ice than he broadcasts.

Reactions: Flyrs21 and JXC

JXC

#ThisAintXbox #ThisAintMightyDucks #FireHakstol
Dec 28, 2005
forgot to add celebrities and college professors do the same.
politicians, celebrities, and college professors - people who love to push policy that spends the money of the non wealthy productive class.
Yes, the Storytelling professions are all too eager to do this.

Reactions: magnumpi

JXC

Dec 28, 2005
It doesn't make one intellectually superior to recognize that Sanheim has vastly more upside than Hagg. All that requires is an ability to accept reality instead of battling against it.

Selling the home team line is one thing, the fact is these people have chosen to sell the worst possible line, pumping up slugs instead of exciting prospects.
Upside doesn’t win games. And, anyway, it’s not unreasonable to hold the more gifted (aka “upside”) to a higher standard.

Middle of the road talent will make mistakes. People who obsess over those mistakes are trying to prove something about themselves, not the player.

JXC

Dec 28, 2005
And they say nice things about Sanheim, but how excited do you want them to get over a great neutral zone rush that ends up with a weak shot or a turnover - when he starts finishing those plays they'll slobber all over him.

Yes, they will, and it will be warranted. If the game slows for Sanheim and he starts to convert, he’ll be extremely valuable and will be lauded as such.

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train
Upside doesn’t win games. And, anyway, it’s not unreasonable to hold the more gifted (aka “upside”) to a higher standard.

Middle of the road talent will make mistakes. People who obsess over those mistakes are trying to prove something about themselves, not the player.

Upside does win games. Upside is talent.

You're not even attempting to disprove that pushing boring players lacking in upside is a stupid strategy compared to all the good players we've been accumulating through the painful rebuild. When their go to favorite players are the "heavy" guys it sure does make the last half decade look like a waste. You're just arguing to argue because you know that's correct.

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train
Yes, they will, and it will be warranted. If the game slows for Sanheim and he starts to convert, he’ll be extremely valuable and will be lauded as such.

That hasn't happened. Not for him, or Patrick, or TK. All three will have a series of strong shifts and then the thing they expound upon will be some mistake. Mistakes that Hagg or Weise or MacD will commit and they'll ignore damned near every time. Like when Sanheim starfishes on D they rip into him, but when MacD does it, silence.

Ghosts Beer

I saw Goody Fletcher with the Devil!
Feb 10, 2014
That hasn't happened. Not for him, or Patrick, or TK. All three will have a series of strong shifts and then the thing they expound upon will be some mistake. Mistakes that Hagg or Weise or MacD will commit and they'll ignore damned near every time. Like when Sanheim starfishes on D they rip into him, but when MacD does it, silence.
MacD has been a healthy scratch far more often than Sanheim this season, who has played every game.

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train
Congrats on not refuting me. Well done. Shouldn't you be slamming someone for not being able to watch a game because a kid died? That seems more your style, you sure do suck at this "addressing the point thing." Go sort out that reading comprehensiom, see if you can hit that 3rd grade level.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad