Post-Game Talk: Crisis on Infinite Quads Game 1: Oilers Win!

noeticfuzz

Nov 27, 2011
ftr I wasn't on the ledge. Drai has been leading this club this season anyhow. But this here type game is unsustainable.

I am sucker for the beautiful organic narrative that can happen in sport - Drai is well aware at what stares back at him from the abyss - these circumstances would break a lot of people - it will not break him, this is his theatre to prove just how good he is and that fire inside of him just went to another super nova level to meet this challenge - he wont stop, and he will drag the team with him - I was never a big Mclellan fan but I keep close to me an interview when Drai was heating up and he talked about the trick with him was to challenge him to be the best player on the ice every night, the whole, "yeah he (McDavid) is good, but do you know how good you are?"

I am excited.

This young man grew up playing hockey in Germany - his pedigree is to be the everything of the team. Prince Albert, The Rockets Memorial Cup run, Team Europe where one of my favs, Ralph Kreuger, raved with the line "...where we had to win and how he took responsibility there showed me where Leon Draisaitl can go...".

There is the air of something special here... or maybe I am just a sap for a beautiful story.

PaPaDee

5-14-6-1
Sep 21, 2005
Saskazoo
Pasta is slowing down, as always seems to happen with him. I think Drai will even catch him in goals (but not OV) Panarin and the Rangers are coming down to earth. They're not padding stats as much. I think I've seen Mackinnon slow down in seasons before. In anycase Drai is 11pts ahead of the nearest competitor. Seems like its his to lose. A guy could get redhot for two weeks just to challenge Drais total if Leon was standing still.

Drai superheated last season towards the end and looks like he's been on fire since Xmas. His splits are way higher than anybody else in 2020. Nobody even close.

you sure about that?

Llamamoto

Nice Bison. Kind Bison. Yep.
Sep 5, 2018
I like Marvel too but for the purposes of these GDTs it’s the wrong universe. ;)

McDavid = The Flash
Draisaitl = Arrow
Klefbom =< Supergirl?
Nurse = Diggle
Nuge = Ralph Dibny (Elongated Man)
Yams = Cisco Ramon(Vibe)
Khaira = Bloodwork (Both Indian and they both have a dentrimental effect on their organizations, Team Flash and the Oilers)

Any more ideas?

Cloned

Begging for Bega
Aug 25, 2003
McDavid = The Flash
Draisaitl = Arrow
Klefbom =< Supergirl?
Nurse = Diggle
Nuge = Ralph Dibny (Elongated Man)
Yams = Cisco Ramon(Vibe)
Khaira = Bloodwork (Both Indian and they both have a dentrimental effect on their organizations, Team Flash and the Oilers)

Any more ideas?

Supergirl is still Melissa Benoist, it doesn't matter where or when.

AM

Nov 22, 2004
Edmonton
Was listening to the game on ched while driving. For the last half of the 3rd I was driving big rig over Crowsnest Pass in freezing rain, that turned into white out snow fall being blown around by gusts of wind blowing up to and over 120km/h, all while listening to the game where for a while it sounded like the Oilers were hanging on for dear life to a 1 goal lead.

My heart felt like it was going to explode while desperately trying to keep the truck from getting blown off the highway. It's almost 8am and I'm still half shaking from the stress of it all last night
I worked in trail for a year and drove up and down hwy 21, during a few blizzards.

dssource

5-14-6-1=97
Jun 29, 2012
Good job by the team in this one. Drai's line getting it done. Archi's line looked good all game. Maybe Kassian stays there and Neal/McDavid get another winger? Some D areas that need to be cleaned up. We outscored our mistakes in this one but that's not going to happen against better/competent teams. Smith solid all games and especially in the 3rd. Team doesn't have the defensive capabilities to kill 20 minutes at the end and need to continue to play the way they had in the first 4o over the final 20.

Toews can take his whining BS and he and the refs can go shove it wherever they see fit. I was SO annoyed with Toews in this one, and he shouldn't even have been playing. Bigtime F U to him! Shove it! He can spend the rest of his career outside the playoffs.

I thought I heard the commentators saying that Nurse signed a 2 yr contract during this game but I see nothing about that. Is it true?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad