NHL 19 Creating Players

Squints09

Feb 22, 2017
Pittsburgh, PA
In preparation for NHL 19's release for September 14, I wanted to get an idea of roster changes I will need to make. So if you have any ideas of players I should create, whether already drafted and just not on their team or upcoming draft picks, please let me know(Although, please try to give me an idea of how their stats should be). Also, if you even just feel I should change overalls and/or potentials please write 'em down. Thanks in advance for your suggestions!

sandviper

No Ragrets
Jan 26, 2016
Toronto
When choosing play by play names when creating players, do we have an option for none? Or, will we still be stuck giving a play by play to a non-matching name?

Reactions: teravaineSAROS

Darthswader88

Sep 8, 2018
To add:
A. Fox RD TWD (CAL) 76 MED Top 4
C. Makar RD TWD (COL) 72 MED Top 4 S. Bowers C TWF (COL) 68 MED Top 6
J. Oettinger G HYB (DAL) 68 MED Starter K. Kaprizov LW SNP (MIN) 76 LOW Top 6
R. Poehling C TWF (MTL) 74 MED Top 6
J. Evans RW PLY (MTL) 70 LOW Top 6 C. Primeau G HYB (MTL) 66 LOW Starter
D. Fabbro RD TWD (NAS) 72 MED Top 4 B.Tkachuk LW PWF (OTT) 68 MEDTop6
J. Kovar C TWF (NYI) 80 EXACT Top 9
I. Wahlstrom RW PWF (NYI) 70 HIGH Top 6
B. Wilde RD TWD (NYI) 66 MED Top 4 V.Kravtsov RW SNP (NYR) 68 MED Top6 J. Farabee LW SNP (PHI) 68 LOW Elite
J. Norris C TWF (SJS) 66 MED Top 6
Q. Hughes LD TWD (VAN) 68 MED Top 4
Maybe in the game:
T. Frederic C SNP (BOS) 76 MED Top 6 R. Donato C SNP (BOS) 82 LOW Elite
A. Boqvist RD OFD (CHI) 66 MED Top 4 A. Gaudette C SNP (VAN) 76 LOW Elite J. Greenway LW PWF (MIN) 75 MED Top 9

hockeynorth

Aug 31, 2017
I typically wait until the first bug roster update (November usually) so I don't have to create players twice (though if anyone knows how to import created players onto another roster I'd love to know) because there's so many CHL guys to create otherwise.

Squints09

Feb 22, 2017
Pittsburgh, PA
I typically wait until the first bug roster update (November usually) so I don't have to create players twice (though if anyone knows how to import created players onto another roster I'd love to know) because there's so many CHL guys to create otherwise.

Still, I could get a head start

Squints09

Feb 22, 2017
Pittsburgh, PA
To add:
B. Wilde RD TWD (NYI) 66 MED Top 4 V.Kravtsov RW SNP (NYR) 68 MED Top6 J. Farabee LW SNP (PHI) 68 LOW Elite
Maybe in the game:
A. Boqvist RD OFD (CHI) 66 MED Top 4 A. Gaudette C SNP (VAN) 76 LOW Elite J. Greenway LW PWF (MIN) 75 MED Top 9

Any idea as to their individual stats(puck handling, face offs, etc.)

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF
I still have no idea why TOR prospect Jeremy Bracco isn’t in the game. He was put in the game in the November update of NHL 18, but then got removed in either the December or January update. EA has never said any sort of reason why.

In 2016 & 2017 he should have been on the Kitchener Rangers, and in 2018 should have been on the Toronto Marlies.

Yet, nothing. While junior players need to individually sign releases, the pro leagues all have deals through the Players Association. So it doesn’t make sense why Bracco hasn’t appeared last year or this year.

Echo Roku

Jan 14, 2018
To add:
Maybe in the game:
Makar is better set at low franchise and 74 overall. It’s more accurate to his perceived potential (having a high ceiling but not as likely up get there as many with a high ceiling) and current skill.

Boxscore

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 22, 2007
You'll have to recreate Elias Pettersson because the one EA has in the game has a long brown flow, olive skin, and looks nothing like him.

Cygnusx1018

Jul 17, 2017
To add:
Maybe in the game:
Gaudette Greenway Donato and Boqvist are in, Frederic is not as far as I can tell

Kmode

Nov 3, 2006
To add:
Maybe in the game:

Denisenko, Fla
O"Brien, Phi
K"Andre Miller NYR
Bernard Docker OTT
Tufte DAL
Samsonov Wsh
Shumakov Wsh

Those are the players I needed to create not on this list.

Reactions: hockeynorth

mk80

Jul 30, 2012
Doesn't look like there is a option to have no play-by-play name from the quick look I took at the feature. Don't understand why they removed that option, especially when the Create A Team feature has an option for no play-by-play name for your team.

sandviper

No Ragrets
Jan 26, 2016
Toronto
Doesn't look like there is a option to have no play-by-play name from the quick look I took at the feature. Don't understand why they removed that option, especially when the Create A Team feature has an option for no play-by-play name for your team.

Thanks for this info. Lame on EA’s part but I guess not surprising as removing features is what they do best.

Reactions: mk80

mk80

Jul 30, 2012
Thanks for this info. Lame on EA’s part but I guess not surprising as removing features is what they do best.
I wouldn't even label that as a feature, more like a simple option, which they already have in the Create-A-Team section

Reactions: sandviper

Tak7

Nov 1, 2009
GTA or the UK
I still have no idea why TOR prospect Jeremy Bracco isn’t in the game. He was put in the game in the November update of NHL 18, but then got removed in either the December or January update. EA has never said any sort of reason why.

In 2016 & 2017 he should have been on the Kitchener Rangers, and in 2018 should have been on the Toronto Marlies.

Yet, nothing. While junior players need to individually sign releases, the pro leagues all have deals through the Players Association. So it doesn’t make sense why Bracco hasn’t appeared last year or this year.

American prospects have a bit of a unique scenario with EA Sports, at both levels, if they are on their ELCs.

Basically, they aren't allowed to appear in the game until they play an official game - so once Bracco / American prospect has played 1 GP at the AHL or NHL level this season, I believe he's allowed to be put in the game.

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF
American prospects have a bit of a unique scenario with EA Sports, at both levels, if they are on their ELCs.

Basically, they aren't allowed to appear in the game until they play an official game - so once Bracco / American prospect has played 1 GP at the AHL or NHL level this season, I believe he's allowed to be put in the game.

He played plenty of games last season. He also played in the CHL the year before. He was actually added to the game at one point I think last year and then quickly removed at some point

Tak7

Nov 1, 2009
GTA or the UK
He played plenty of games last season. He also played in the CHL the year before. He was actually added to the game at one point I think last year and then quickly removed at some point

Not in the NHL he didn't.

If he played just 1 game in the NHL last year, he'd be in the game this year.

Until he does, he's subject to AHL's release policies regarding American players, to EA Sports. Which means they can't use him until he plays in one professional game.

Once he's in the NHL, he's in.

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF
Not in the NHL he didn't.

If he played just 1 game in the NHL last year, he'd be in the game this year.

Until he does, he's subject to AHL's release policies regarding American players, to EA Sports. Which means they can't use him until he plays in one professional game.

Once he's in the NHL, he's in.

He’s the only player affected by this policy I guess.

Bracco played is now entering 2nd year in the AHL. He played the year before in the OHL. EA NHL has the rights to both of those leagues.

There’s certain prospects who can’t be added until they play a game in the NHL/AHL/OHL, such as Brady Tkachuk as well, but there’s no reason for Jeremy Bracco to not be in the game

Tak7

Nov 1, 2009
GTA or the UK
He’s the only player affected by this policy I guess.

Bracco played is now entering 2nd year in the AHL. He played the year before in the OHL. EA NHL has the rights to both of those leagues.

There’s certain prospects who can’t be added until they play a game in the NHL/AHL/OHL, such as Brady Tkachuk as well, but there’s no reason for Jeremy Bracco to not be in the game

It is bizarre for sure.
I read somewhere on twitter that it had to do with his specific involvement with the US Development Program, but it sounded like it was just baseless speculation

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF
It is bizarre for sure.
I read somewhere on twitter that it had to do with his specific involvement with the US Development Program, but it sounded like it was just baseless speculation

It's mindboggling, and EA NHL as far as I know have never come out and addressed it. He's played 4 seasons in the AHL/OHL, and won a CHL Memorial Cup, and an AHL Calder Cup, but hasn't appeared on those rosters in NHL 17, NHL 18, or now NHL 19.

It's not a huge deal, because he's a pretty basic guy to create in the game. White guy, with short dark hair, 5'10, 180. good playmaking, and offensive IQ, and skating, okay shooting, and not so good defensive IQ and physicality. MED top 6, or HIGH top 9. Badda bing, badda boom

FabledKnight

Feb 20, 2008

Doesn't the merge roster do that?

thewall

Jul 9, 2010
Im 40 years old and im very nostalgic of the 80's and 90's. I created my own 1994 Vancouver Canucks team and playing a season with them. It takes a while to create a full team but I loved playing with the Canucks in NHL94. I recreated the whole franchise using the skate logo for the Canucks and using their yellow home jersey as an altenate. even my arena looks like the old Pacific Coleseum. Bure is a 94 and my creation of Kirk McLean is pretty much on point with his brown vaughn blocker and black vaughn pads. Dave Babych's mustache is also pretty cool :P

I'm thinking of doing a NHL Redemption League thus creating teams that didn't win the cup but on paper should or could of have. My next team will be the 1987 Flyers. This team was mean and tough with alot of good players. I love creating former players and using them in the new game. Next teams on my list will be the 1986 Oilers , 1989 Habs, 1995 Red Wings.

I don't really know how to include pictures on this site but the older fans would probably get a kick looking at my created teams.

Boxscore

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 22, 2007
Im 40 years old and im very nostalgic of the 80's and 90's. I created my own 1994 Vancouver Canucks team and playing a season with them. It takes a while to create a full team but I loved playing with the Canucks in NHL94. I recreated the whole franchise using the skate logo for the Canucks and using their yellow home jersey as an altenate. even my arena looks like the old Pacific Coleseum. Bure is a 94 and my creation of Kirk McLean is pretty much on point with his brown vaughn blocker and black vaughn pads. Dave Babych's mustache is also pretty cool :P

I'm thinking of doing a NHL Redemption League thus creating teams that didn't win the cup but on paper should or could of have. My next team will be the 1987 Flyers. This team was mean and tough with alot of good players. I love creating former players and using them in the new game. Next teams on my list will be the 1986 Oilers , 1989 Habs, 1995 Red Wings.

I don't really know how to include pictures on this site but the older fans would probably get a kick looking at my created teams.

I love this. I do the same.

I have created an all-time Soviet/Russia team. I have also created legends teams before.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->