I saw Mommy kissing Santa Clause - Stephen DaCosta and JGP
Your a mean one, Mr. Grinch (jim watson)- Eugene Melnyk
a partridge in a pear tree - Bryan Murray
Christ our savior - Matt Kassiam + Mark Methot

AND MANY MORE!!!!!!!

I would pay good money to listen to this actually

DonthaveaCOWEN

Jul 29, 2010
How about free parking for a car with 4 or more people inside?

It could solve a few problems.

Over-congestion of the parking lot. It means a bit less money in the org's pocket from parking revenue, but it could help curb everyone's issue with getting in and out of there.

Same thing goes for general traffic getting to and leaving the game.

The cost of losing that extra parking revenue per car could be offset by more people drinking at the game, or groups of 2/3 recruiting extra friends to join them and buy a ticket.

You could get some positive publicity calling it a 'green' initiative, maybe?

I bet it would be a net positive for the club. Probably not enough to make a real difference though.

This!

moz

Gute Post
Oct 30, 2006
Ottawa

Over-congestion of the parking lot. It means a bit less money in the org's pocket from parking revenue, but it could help curb everyone's issue with getting in and out of there.

The cost of losing that extra parking revenue per car could be offset by more people drinking at the game, or groups of 2/3 recruiting extra friends to join them and buy a ticket.

I bet it would be a net positive for the club. Probably not enough to make a real difference though.
Taylor_Swift_-_Fearless.png

SelleckStache

Mar 12, 2007
Ottawa

Nah, the focus is (and has to be) on families.
So, this plan has 2 strikes against it:
* More drunk people;
* Having to take public transit.

Wondercarrot

By The Power of Canadian Tire Centre
Jul 2, 2002
I could see Melnyk funding an expedition to the lost city of Atlantis for some of their gold

that's absurd when he could just have Alan Quartermain take him to the Lost City of Gold, which has already been found.

Smitty26

Oct 24, 2011
raise money to what avail? he puts the money into his other company(s) and continues to neglect the senators lol

BK201

Apr 11, 2011
i asked some of the brightest minds from the history channel to help us on this quest this is what they came up with

Fandlauer

Apr 23, 2013
Ottawa unless it becomes a disaster
Seeing as the provincial government just gave MLSE $500,000 to host the NBA all-star game, I say Euge buys up more teams on the stipulation that we can host an all-star game. Can-Am league All-Star game in Ottawa should pocket Melnyk a cool $1.50.

Qward

Because! That's why!
Jul 23, 2010
Behind you, look out
Seeing as the provincial government just gave MLSE $500,000 to host the NBA all-star game, I say Euge buys up more teams on the stipulation that we can host an all-star game. Can-Am league All-Star game in Ottawa should pocket Melnyk a cool $1.50.

Did the province give any money to Melnyk when he had the All-star game?

Fandlauer

Apr 23, 2013
Ottawa unless it becomes a disaster
Did the province give any money to Melnyk when he had the All-star game?

Apparently yes.

"The same ministry gave just $100,000 to the Ottawa Senators Hockey Club to help it host the 2012 NHL all-star game, a team official told the Citizen"

As well as the city.

"The City of Ottawa, meanwhile, showed much more enthusiasm for the event, kicking in up to a maximum of $200,000 in support and in-kind services, according to minutes from the Feb. 10, 2010 council meeting."

http://www.ottawacitizen.com/sports/Raptors+outscore+Sens+government+cash/8994348/story.html

Inf4mous0ne

Jan 28, 2010
Apparently yes.

"The same ministry gave just $100,000 to the Ottawa Senators Hockey Club to help it host the 2012 NHL all-star game, a team official told the Citizen"

As well as the city.

"The City of Ottawa, meanwhile, showed much more enthusiasm for the event, kicking in up to a maximum of $200,000 in support and in-kind services, according to minutes from the Feb. 10, 2010 council meeting."

http://www.ottawacitizen.com/sports/Raptors+outscore+Sens+government+cash/8994348/story.html

The difference being I believe, that the money Ottawa got was actually to help host. The $500 000 was just for the "bid" which is why some are confused/upset...

Qward

Because! That's why!
Jul 23, 2010
Behind you, look out
"We need to build more of a following around the Raptors. What else do black people like?" "uhhh rap music?" "I think you are onto something Wallace!"

Margaret Trudeau*

"We need to build more of a following around the Raptors. What else do black people like?" "uhhh rap music?" "I think you are onto something Wallace!"

should be banned for racism

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad