Proposal: Creating cap space for Edmonton . No Lucic

McSuper

5-14-6-1
Jun 16, 2012
Halifax
So I am going to try and find taker for cap dumps here by attaching something to them . NO LUCIC in here . Best offers .

Puljujarvi + Manning . Manning has 1 year left . Puljujarvi may be salvageable in a properly run environment . Looking for the highest pick a team would ofer up

Russell 1 million retained 2 years left at 4 million + 2nd in 2020

Sekera 1.5 million retained 2 years left at 5.5 million . I don't mind keeping this player as he has been good since his return so not going add anything here

Gagner 3.1 million with 1 year remaining . Again he been good for the Oilers so not a dump but we need upgrades

Brodziak 1.15 1 year remaining . Would like a better C and will add picks

Will add late picks from this year and all picks from next year .

LDF

Sep 28, 2016
You not going to find buyers for the Oilers crap
only if Edm adds Lucic and other prospects plus their 1st round.

no matter what the Edm fans on this site thinks, the cost is steep and unless them can come to that understanding, no thing is going to get done.

Reactions: Taylorst

GOilers88

#DustersWinCups
Dec 24, 2016
only if Edm adds Lucic and other prospects plus their 1st round.

no matter what the Edm fans on this site thinks, the cost is steep and unless them can come to that understanding, no thing is going to get done.
Lucic is going to be moved this summer for far less than all the experts around here are certain of. Give it up already. He'll be traded without adding in three prospects and an unprotected first.

GrantLemons

Church of FYOUS
Feb 3, 2013
Ottawa, ON
Lucic is going to be moved this summer for far less than all the experts around here are certain of. Give it up already. He'll be traded without adding in three prospects and an unprotected first.

Yep, I'm sure there will be plenty of teams chomping to take a 6 goal scorer at $6m/year.

The add might not be as much as some people meme it to be, but if EDM doesn't want to take a bad contract from the other team, it will need to be significant.

Reactions: Taylorst

TheImpatientPanther

Jan 17, 2013
Ontario, Canada

I know Lucic can still play but FLA fans are trying to move 2 yrs of Reimer at $3.4 million and people are asking for a 1st+.

Just curious if you had a deal in mind you think other GMs will take Lucic for?

CREW99AW

Mar 12, 2002
Yep, I'm sure there will be plenty of teams chomping to take a 6 goal scorer at $6m/year.

The add might not be as much as some people meme it to be, but if EDM doesn't want to take a bad contract from the other team, it will need to be significant.
Before Chia was fired, he shopped Lucic and after finding no takers ,made the comment that other teams/GMs were not going to do Edmonton any favors.

Kurrilino

Go Stoll Go
Aug 6, 2005
Calgary
I would be willing to take Lucic+1st off your hands. But i also wouldn't give up anything for the other proposed players.

GOilers88

#DustersWinCups
Dec 24, 2016
I know Lucic can still play but FLA fans are trying to move 2 yrs of Reimer at $3.4 million and people are asking for a 1st+.

Yeah, but most people who try to do trades here are hardly ever even close to what the deals usually turn into.

Y'all go ahead and act like the Oilers will have to move heaven and earth and gut their prospects to move Lucic. I'll be here to bump all of these threads when it doesn't happen that way. I think it'll be retention and some spare parts.

GOilers88

#DustersWinCups
Dec 24, 2016

Personally I have no idea. I think they'll retain a bit and either take on a cap dump or add in a guy like Bear or Yamo or JP with a lesser pick. I don't think it's going to be a collection of Edmonton's best prospects and a top ten pick.

Reactions: ThePatientPanther

Taylorst

Jun 26, 2018
Edmonton fans need to realize that in order to move out their bad contracts , they will have to except the best offer given in return, all the while giving up a ton of picks, prospects and maybe 1 or 2 nhl ready player.

No team is going to do Edmonton a favor like this without a deal they can't refuse .

Reactions: LDF

ManofSteel55

Aug 15, 2013
Sylvan Lake, Alberta
Russel, Broadziuk, Sekera and Gagner of course. Gagner was so bad he could not make a rebuilding Canucks who had a lot of cap space
Yes, I read the players involved. Russell and Sekera are overpaid but not crap. Brodziak is cheap and can play 4th line/penalty kill. He was brought in to 3C this team, which is higher than he should play at this point, but he's still and NHL centre. Gagner played pretty well for Edmonton. Everyone knows what he is - he's a depth offensive forward who you can play on the powerplay, but is one dimensional. He fit in well in Edmonton. He wouldn't fit in everywhere, and at his cap hit probably isn't going to have interest, but he isn't "crap". Crap fits Manning because he isn't an NHL caliber player. That doesn't count for the others here.

780il

edm
May 29, 2018
Edmonton AB

There is no way Reimer would take a 1st + to move. That's HF crazy talk.

I expect to throw in Puljujarvi and a 2nd rounder (or two) along with Lucic and get a contract that's about half the cap hit and only has 1 or 2 years left as a useful bottom 6er.

Reactions: ThePatientPanther

shortfuze

Apr 23, 2007
toronto
Typical naysayer with nothing to add. Let’s see your reasonable proposals then.
The funny thing is that everyday, fans sit here and say this player and that player won’t be traded but to everyone’s surprise, that player gets traded and for a lot less than they thought.

Reactions: Perfect_Drug

EdmFlyersfan

Feb 20, 2007
Edmonton
Just because some of those players are decent players on the Oilers means that they are off any value to any legitimate NHL calibre team.

DingDongCharlie

Sep 12, 2010
Brodziak has no value and we have no center depth, why move him. Same with Russell and Sekera. Are we really going to eat cap and add assets to move them and hope the kids are ready? Seems like just another recipe for disaster

KingsFan7824

Dec 4, 2003
Visit site
Yeah, but most people who try to do trades here are hardly ever even close to what the deals usually turn into.

Y'all go ahead and act like the Oilers will have to move heaven and earth and gut their prospects to move Lucic. I'll be here to bump all of these threads when it doesn't happen that way. I think it'll be retention and some spare parts.

Even if it was 50%, who needs the next 4 years of 2018/2019 Lucic at $3m? Unproductive guys with bad contracts do get traded, but they usually have 1 year, maybe 2, left. 4 years is a lot.

Reactions: go4hockey

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad