Creatine

jorbjorb

hello.
Dec 28, 2010
I do a lot of crossfit and hockey(obviously) and I am just starting creatine(monohydrate) and was wondering if anyone has had any experience with creatine and what their opinions of it are

I really don't get creatine. Especially monohydrate. It stores a lot of water in your muscles and if you're not drinking at least a gallon of water a day their is no effect and you'll get a head ache.

I've been taking creatine in my preworkout but it's usually a kre-alkaline type (con cret/purple k) which as advertised induces no bloating or water retention.

You also don't have to load this type. monohydrate you have to load heavy at the start of using it or it is useless. not only that you have to cycle it. once you stop monohydrate creatine you end up pissing all your "gains" away as well.

kre alkaline doesn't need to loading phase either. just take it and go.

JacobimMugatu

HF Strength Thread
Jul 8, 2009
f=253
www.facebook.com
I really don't get creatine. Especially monohydrate. It stores a lot of water in your muscles and if you're not drinking at least a gallon of water a day their is no effect and you'll get a head ache.

I've been taking creatine in my preworkout but it's usually a kre-alkaline type (con cret/purple k) which as advertised induces no bloating or water retention.

You also don't have to load this type. monohydrate you have to load heavy at the start of using it or it is useless. not only that you have to cycle it. once you stop monohydrate creatine you end up pissing all your "gains" away as well.

So much wrong with this
1.Drinking lots of water on creatine isn't required for it to work. It does help the kidneys though.
2.Loading monohydrate isn't necessary and there's no evidence to suggest anybody should do it.
Monohydrate
3.Monohydrate is the most effective form of creatine.
4. When you stop taking monohydrate you lose the water weight, but retain the additional muscle that you gained from training harder while on it.
5.I explain in a post above how creatine works. If you understand that and have ever taken a human biology or physiology course you'll understand why creatine monohydrate is the most effective supplement you can get.

newfr4u

Aug 29, 2011

you are correct. you really don';t get creatine.

Jul 31, 2005
CA
So much wrong with this
1.Drinking lots of water on creatine isn't required for it to work. It does help the kidneys though.
2.Loading monohydrate isn't necessary and there's no evidence to suggest anybody should do it.
Monohydrate
4. When you stop taking monohydrate you lose the water weight, but retain the additional muscle that you gained from training harder while on it.
5.I explain in a post above how creatine works. If you understand that and have ever taken a human biology or physiology course you'll understand why creatine monohydrate is the most effective supplement you can get.

You can begin and end your argument with #5. These are obviously kids or people who have not taken any sort of college courses and you can tell with just how they form an argument. No college educated person has an argument of "I knew a guy who took creatine and got sick so creatine is no good".

Brainiac

Registered Offender
Feb 17, 2013
Montreal

Not a creatine user in any way, but I do work in biology, though. Very weak study, IMHO.

First the dosage: they use 25g/day, which is much higher than the usual 5-10. My guess is that they tried those levels and didn't find anything.

Second, the statistical evidence is weak. If you actually plot the data, you'll see the error bars are as large as the variations they are trying to measure. So they say +50% on something where they do have a 40-45% measurement error. It's like saying you gained 5 pounds but your scale has a 4.5 pounds precision. Something is happening, all right, but it is barely significant.

So yeah, just stick to whatever creatine works for you, don't go over 5-10g/day and you will be fine. If it doesn't work or cause problems, maybe you already have a naturally higher creatine level, or you are more sensitive to it, so don't bother.

And it's true, the company will say 20g/day is OK, just don't follow their advice. They want to sell more, so they need you to use more.

Evergreen

Lol at all of the angry guys defending their creatine use with ridiculous hyperbole and attacking the guy who said it *may* cause hair loss like he just called their mother a *****.

jorbjorb

hello.
Dec 28, 2010
So much wrong with this
Monohydrate

I think people need to stop getting brainwashed with garbage and thinking that creatine is an amazing SUPPLEMENT.
it's natural and you get it in fish.

I'm just stating what I felt from personal experiences lol.

You're only going to make gains by not being a ***** at the gym and eating adequate calories before you lay your damn head on that pillow at night.

sure creatine might help you train harder or any preworkout

but what you do in the gym is up to you. and if your a ***** none of these "supplements" are gonna help you.

jorbjorb

hello.
Dec 28, 2010
It's just funny how many of these "bio students" are fat *****. shut up and lift!

jorbjorb

hello.
Dec 28, 2010
just playing though. you guys can just google monohydrate vs kre-alkalyn creatine some decent reads there.

JacobimMugatu

HF Strength Thread
Jul 8, 2009
f=253
www.facebook.com
It's just funny how many of these "bio students" are fat *****. shut up and lift!
I'm done with the creatine debate, but I can agree with this. In my first year HKIN class none of the guys looked like they lifted, even though they were always asking questions related to lifting.
I don't quite fit that mold though heh

deems

Mar 12, 2012
Toronto
Cellmass(BSN) has almost NO water retention issues. At least I had no issues with it.

If you want to get stronger, I found NO-Xplode helped when I would plateau.

Cellmass' main ingredient is glutamine - it's for recovery as advertised. If there's creatine there's 1g of it and creatine supplements are recommended in 5g doses. NO Xplod is a pre-workout - nothing to do with muscle gain. A cup of coffee for a non-coffee drinker will give the person the energy as all pre-workouts have caffeine.

deems

Mar 12, 2012
Toronto
I don't understand the concern of water retention. Muscles (and your entire body for that matter) need water to grow and function. In simple terms, creatine prevents dehydration in the muscles. Just like BCAAs prevent your body from using protein/your muscles as energy so you don't lose them aka catabolism. I've been taking creatine for 6 months. I did 4 weeks of a bulk and 4 cut after. I hit records in lifting and then burned fat. Creatine did not make me look..whatever people are saying here. I don't know if people are offering advice on general incorrect hearsay knowledge or actually used it and got bad results - which would make me ask what exactly their diet consisted of.

BogsDiamond

Anybody get 2 U yet?
Mar 16, 2008
It's the most effective supplement that isn't illegal and that isn't even debatable.

Very true.
I achieved personal bests when using creatine.

I quit due to side affects (that thank goodness went away after stopping) but while on the stuff, I gained 15lbs of muscle and felt great.

If anyone is looking to put on mass and gain strength in a relatively short time (without using illegal supplements), creatine will do it for you.

BudMovin*

Hope you drink lots of water. I used to take it all the time in my bulking phase (winter). It did help a little, but one time I wasn't drinking enough water and it killed my hard-ons. Just a warning.

BogsDiamond

Anybody get 2 U yet?
Mar 16, 2008
Hope you drink lots of water. I used to take it all the time in my bulking phase (winter). It did help a little, but one time I wasn't drinking enough water and it killed my hard-ons. Just a warning.

spit.gif

Thanks a lot BudMovin!
I just spit my water all over my screen, haha!

PlamsUnlimited

Big Church Bells
May 14, 2010
New York

:lol: You win this thread sir.

I need to hit the gym more on an OT note. :(

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad