Created Teams

ThatNavyGuy

Mar 6, 2012
What kind of created teams have you all made?

Hartford Whalers(Moved Carolina)

Seattle Pioneers(Moved Arizona)

Trying to figure out if I want to move New Jersey to Baltimore and/or Change the New York Islanders to Brooklyn ________.....

tacogeoff

Jul 18, 2011
Killarney, MB
First franchise I did Houston Cowboys with mostly Houston Texas colors. Second Franchise I made the Quebec "North" Stars (as Nordiques is unavailable) using all the Nordiques colors and logo.

Karson37

Jul 25, 2012
Created a couple teams just for fun (haven't started franchises with them or anything):

Dublin Leprechauns - Green, white, black, but should include some orange in there
London Redcoats - Red, White, Blue, some brown

Finding good logos is really tough, as the EA ones are cartoony as hell, and usually dont match up with what I want the team to be named. I look forward to creating more slightly insensitive teams in the near future.

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF
I moved the Carolina Hurricanes to Atlanta to bring the Thrashers back. That was a fun play through.

Dobbie71064

Go Thrashers!
Dec 29, 2010
A cold place
I agree with Karson, I wish there were more logos. Even allowing you to use ahl, echl etc logos would be cool.

I'm struggling with some of the fan base options for created teams. How does national fan base, loyalty etc etc affect the franchise. I haven't played much of the franchise mode yet, ive been working on creating teams to create my own north American teams.

Hockey Gangsta

Feb 9, 2013
Houston Cowboys - I was going to go with Bulls, but no custom logo to go with it.
GNHbf5M.jpg

Chicago Crew - Meet the little brother of the Chicago Blackhawks! This is the team I'm using in Franchise mode.
Td1siWc.jpg

I wish we could upload our own logos. The custom EA logos are so lame.

And why isn't the Mighty Ducks logo on the vintage NHL logos?!

NYRangers3061

Lets Go Rangers!!!
Jan 9, 2015
Rangerstown
Moved Arizona to Seattle and basically copied the Seattle Thunderbirds. Same color scheme with a slightly lighter blue and green, and with white (I think they have gray at the moment IIRC).

joshyhockey26

Dec 6, 2015
st louis
Bump
What has everyone made recently? Starting a new project that could take a long time but I'm making a handful of ncaa clubs.

King Weber

Apr 9, 2015
Bump
What has everyone made recently? Starting a new project that could take a long time but I'm making a handful of ncaa clubs.

So far I've made Atlanta Flames, Hartford Whalers, Quebec Nordiques and Minnesota North Stars.

Pretty happy with all of them except Quebec, where I had some trouble with the jerseys and logo. The white part of the logo looks a bit greenish and can't seem to find a good shade of blue for the jersey.

Anyway, I started season mode with Liiga, replaced the teams with the O6 teams, Sabres, Flyers, Penguins, Blues, Oilers plus the teams I made before and had a fantasy draft.

All of the teams are crazy stacked now.

Timeless Enigma

Jun 9, 2007
Richmond, BC
In my first franchise mode I relocated the Arizona Coyotes and renamed them New Orleans Dynasty. The fact that you can't preview what your uniforms look like on the ice meant I had to put up with jerseys that I didn't feel satisfied with for like 4 seasons until I pulled the plug.

In my second franchise mode I instead created a custom team outside of the mode so I could keep tweaking things and then swapped out Arizona at the outset.

This is the result: through a breakthrough in transportation technology (let's call it teleportation), it's now feasible to expand the league into Asia.

Here it is:
Osaka Dynasty

G1I7MXD.png

OneManArmy

Apr 13, 2010
Moved Phoenix to Seattle and created the Seattle Wolves. The alternate's are a Seattle Metropolitans throwback.

X5Olpnj.png

And tried my attempt at a Dynamo Moscow remake and the Soviet team. If I could change the C to a K for captain it would be perfect. Also we need more generic shapes and stuff. Way too few logo options. At least include the other leagues. But they'll never add more logos. The custom logo's were taken from Madden anyhow.

JSVrM66.png

Last edited:

James Boss

Jan 21, 2016
I agree with Karson, I wish there were more logos. Even allowing you to use ahl, echl etc logos would be cool.

I'm struggling with some of the fan base options for created teams. How does national fan base, loyalty etc etc affect the franchise. I haven't played much of the franchise mode yet, ive been working on creating teams to create my own north American teams.

I assume fan loyalty effects season tickets sales (more budget for upgrades with more $$$) fan base probably effects happiness and game attendance, as well as market size. If you have a good team it almost doesnt matter at all. How much money you make hardly benefits you.

But EA did a good job at introducing it, no franchise perfects an inaugural feature.

ToppsSmith

Oct 6, 2013
Today I made the Medicine Hat Tigers for a NHL team. Don't have a pic at the moment but looks fairly good.

Just wish EA would have a created Content what people could upload and download on.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad