Create A Goalie

boltsy

Jun 22, 2017
It's about how consistent the goalies perform. I usually always put it at 2/2. If you put it at 0/2, the goalie will have a good game, then a really bad one, then average etc. At 2/2, it's more constistent but it still depends on his ratings.

Darthswader88

Sep 8, 2018
It's about how consistent the goalies perform. I usually always put it at 2/2. If you put it at 0/2, the goalie will have a good game, then a really bad one, then average etc. At 2/2, it's more constistent but it still depends on his ratings.

Lots of uncertainty surrounding this from all over the internet.

In ea 18 I edited the star goalies to a level 2 consistency and after simulating a few seasons I noticed their stats were all sorts of terrible. Allowing 4-6 goals a game.

So next franchise I edited the goalies to have a 0 consistency. After a few seasons into the franchise the goalies would have a bunch of shutouts a season (like 20 something) but then have games where they allowed 6-8 goals so their stats were still average.

Then I tried a 1 consistency with star goalies and that seemed to be the most stable. Star goalies had 8-10 shutouts and around a 930 save %. Completely defying a lot of suggestions online.

One thing that supports that 0 is best is that EA has every NHL goalie at a 1 consistency except for Holtby, he's rated a 0 as the Stanley Cup champion goalie.

I'm so confused. I wish I could get some clarification from EA. Unless they have posted something and I just can't find it.

boltsy

Jun 22, 2017
Lol haha, now I'm confused too. Seems like a total random stat then.

greywhisker

Feb 11, 2019
According to the DEVS the 0 rating is most consistent, the 1 is average, and 2 is inconsistent. My own experimenting seems to confirm this.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad