Crazy predictions for next season

Kcb12345

Jun 6, 2017
What are your crazy predictions for the Stars next season?

Mine:
Nichushkin has a crazy massive breakout year and registers 60+ points.

Points prediction:
64 points
22 goals, 42 assists

Prediction 2:

Miro Heiskanen puts up 15 goals and 40 points in his rookie season.

Reactions: beepeearr

hagan88

May 19, 2014
Dallas, Texas
If 64 points for nuchushkin I would say almost even on goals and assist. As long as he plays 200 foot game and gets to the net with Benn and Seguin he could have a big year. Heiskanen it depends on if we throw him in right off the bat. I’m interested to see who they pair him with. With all this trade and free agent craziness maybe not going as planned I’ll be excited to see some of our kids get a shot.

Reactions: Kcb12345

Kcb12345

Jun 6, 2017
If 64 points for nuchushkin I would say almost even on goals and assist. As long as he plays 200 foot game and gets to the net with Benn and Seguin he could have a big year. Heiskanen it depends on if we throw him in right off the bat. I’m interested to see who they pair him with. With all this trade and free agent craziness maybe not going as planned I’ll be excited to see some of our kids get a shot.

I put Nichushkin down as way more assists because playing with Benn and Seguin it's entirely possible he racks up assists while not even really doing all that much, and his shot doesn't put him into a position to be a big time goal scorer. He needs to learn how to finish on his opportunities he creates for himself. I remember he used to get like a breakaway every game almost and would hardly ever score on them. It's highly unlikely this happens but with Monty as head coach, Nichushkin should get a very good opportunity to succeed.

hagan88

May 19, 2014
Dallas, Texas
I really think he’s coming back and ready to prove he’s ready. He has got everything working in his favor with a new system, 1st or 2nd line minutes, and PP time. The only problem is pressure which might not be as bad since he had a lot being 18 and away from home.

My prediction isn’t really a stat but I think Lindell will prove he is a legitimate number 2 defenseman.

Ajacied

Stay strong Appie! ❤
Apr 6, 2002
Netherlands
  • Janmark scores 20 goals.
  • Benn scores around 70 points. Seguin near 90.
  • Spezza will be scratched a lot during the second half.
  • Bishop falters. Khudobin proofs he's not much better than Lehtonen.
  • Heiskanen has an outstanding rookie season and gets league wide recognition, but doesn't put up more than 19 points.
  • Honka will be given every opportunity but he will be send down around the break and dealt later.
  • We will miss the playoffs
  • Seguin will not re-sign.

Kcb12345

Jun 6, 2017
  • Janmark scores 20 goals.
  • Benn scores around 70 points. Seguin near 90.
  • Spezza will be scratched a lot during the second half.
  • Bishop falters. Khudobin proofs he's not much better than Lehtonen.
  • Heiskanen has an outstanding rookie season and gets league wide recognition, but doesn't put up more than 19 points.
  • Honka will be given every opportunity but he will be send down around the break and dealt later.
  • We will miss the playoffs
  • Seguin will not re-sign.

That escalated quickly wow. I got happy when I saw Janmark scores 20 goals and then all of a sudden it's all downhill lol (except for Seguin hitting 90). Sadly all of it is so realistic though that it hurts to think about

LT

Global Moderator
Jul 23, 2010
Hintz scores 50 goals next year

in the AHL reg. season and playoffs combined

Dynamite Time

Where Is My Mind?
Jan 23, 2018
Austin, TX
Heiskanen doesn’t win the Calder but is in the talk.

Janmark and Spezza find the chemistry they had a few years ago.

Seguin hits 40 goals and Benn hits 30.

Bishop stays healthy and we don’t miss out on the postseason, again.

Ajacied

Stay strong Appie! ❤
Apr 6, 2002
Netherlands
That escalated quickly wow. I got happy when I saw Janmark scores 20 goals and then all of a sudden it's all downhill lol (except for Seguin hitting 90). Sadly all of it is so realistic though that it hurts to think about

I don’t like to set myself up for any dissapointments. But yeah, this is pretty much a doom scenario haha.

We’d need another trade or two to be more optimistic.

Magic Mittens

Nov 2, 2006
Calgary
Was going to do some negative ones, but seems like that's the pattern around here, so I'll try some positive ones lol

One of Shore, Hintz, Ritchie, Ellie, or Dickinson score 20 goals

Spezza puts up 60 points

Lindell leads the defense in goals

Hanzal plays 60 games

Bishop has 9 shutouts

Satan and Misty are actually happy for one day on here:D

jballa95

Aug 18, 2013
Was going to do some negative ones, but seems like that's the pattern around here, so I'll try some positive ones lol

One of Shore, Hintz, Ritchie, Ellie, or Dickinson score 20 goals

Spezza puts up 60 points

Lindell leads the defense in goals

Hanzal plays 60 games

Bishop has 9 shutouts

Satan and Misty are actually happy for one day on here:D
The last one is by far the most crazy.

Sep 20, 2013
In The Crease
A lot of the fancy stats go down as compared to last year, but the Stars win more games and make the playoffs easily.

Radulov goes apesh*t when Heiskanen scores his first goal and injures him during the ensuing celebration, keeping Heiskanen out for half the season.

Radulov, feeling guilty about the above, works extra hard and challenges for the Art Ross the remainder of the season, narrowly losing it on the last day.

Benn actually tries hard during the first few months of season and leaves his coasting for garbage time in the Spring.

Gurianov gets called up and looks pretty good for a few games prompting Nill to say, "He looks solid out there, we're excited he's achieving the potential we knew he had when we picked him. His future with the Stars looks great.", followed the next day by Nill trading him.

Colorado wins the lottery with Ottawa's pick, and angry Sens fans try to burn down Canadian Tire Centre, but they only succeed in doing minor damage, preventing usage of some seating sections that were tarped-off anyway.

Reactions: Ragernschnapple

LT

Global Moderator
Jul 23, 2010
Dellandrea puts up less than a PPG in juniors. The terrible NA drafting continues.

Eriksson, however, ends up looking like a stud by the end of the year.

Reactions: Zapp

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad