Crazy goals scored by marginal players

Karlsson2Turris*

This thread should be dedicated to Marek Malik.

And Linus Omark. :sarcasm:

weastern bias

worst team in the league
Feb 3, 2012
SJ
Torrey Mitchell was good for a couple beauts a year

Ben Eager's was goat, but he quickly ruined his legacy here

Javaman

Jul 13, 2010
Vancouver
I'm going to go with Malik's shootout goal.

Seriously, a stick-between-the-legs goal from a skilled forward is awesome. But from Marek freaking Malik?

Can't beat that.

You can argue he doesn't fit the description of a "marginal" player (nearly 700 NHL games) but I don't think anyone could have predicted he'd ever score a goal like that. Dude averaged like 3 goals a season.

Nomahe

Apr 25, 2015
This was a stanley cup winning goal:

Saw the title of thread and came to post this video.

With all the great players we had on this team, two are most responsible for it that don't get enough credit. DMac and Fedorov. DMac and his fight against Lemieux started the whole "we are one" and "team" thing along with that goal and Fedorov because he was the best player on the Wings all those years.

feffan

Sep 9, 2010
Malmö
A great thread for some to observe just how skilled even the lesser players are in the leauge. People tend to forget that even most "4th line scrubs" used to be the stars in juniors. The ones that could skate circles around the other guys on his teams.

Doctyl

Play-ins Manager
Jan 25, 2011
Bofflol
Someone please post the video where Stu Bickel thought he was Lidstrom or something going for a poke check and Hunwick dangled him

SUBdrewgANS

Let's Go Pens!
Dec 4, 2007
Abington, PA
www.drewklevan.com
There was a goal by Bortuzzo this year where he walked through the Devils (i think) defense to score.. but I can't find the video

Also this

Can't believe that Engelland goal was so long ago.. Staal was still on the team!

Habsfan2731

Jan 2, 2014
Toronto
Maxim Lapierre had a beauty dancing off the half boards against Pittsburgh in the playoffs in 2010.

Torrey Mitchell nearly had a beauty last night I believe short handed, dangled through Stralman of all people, then that tree Ben Bishop made the save, lol

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad