Crazy conspiracy theories that you are starting to believe

archangel2

May 19, 2019
Conspiracy theories can be fun to talk about and have discussions that is maybe viable or that it may have happened. With me there is one conspiracy theory that I am starting to believe is in fact real

the boxing day tsunami that his south east asia a few year ago. The conspiracy theory is that is was caused by a nuclear test in the middle of the ocean. When I first heard it I ignore it as being the usual crazy person talk. For context I work for BC fisheries via UBC and my job sometimes takes me all over the world. Including Asia. Every time I go to Asia it seems, people inside my industry are looking at stats and figures taken from the time leading up to the tsunami and afterwards. A problem came out almost at once. There was a problem with the numbers most stations came out with. All over the world there are lots and lots of science station tracking every aspect ocean life and interaction with events in real time. There is a problem with the numbers from about 75% of the stations. When an incident happens people working in this stations have strict protocol in they are supposed to do to start tracking the event in real time and they are to download to separate server the previous 48 to 72 hours of all tracked data from the affected area. Here is where the conspiracy people will jump in. Between the 15th of December and 15th of January, most of these stations are run by what we will call stringers or third liners if you like. In most stations that were closest to the event, the stations were manned by personal who were not trained to deal with an event like this or any event. One of the North Korean stations it is reported that the person in charge of the station hit what could be called the "snooze" button and went to bed. In the 12 hours after the event was the most important for data or information gathering and almost all information that has been confirmed and verified is from 24 to 48 hours after the event because either the proper station personal got to the station to start the proper tracking or in the case of the 3 Hawaiian stations, station managers were able to log in from where they were to start the tracking. But the key places that should have had the best data or information did not start tracking till 12 hours after the event. These stations do more than wait for events to happen, they feed information to ships crossing the different oceans, advise planes of atmospheric changes and other fun stuff like that. Most are done automatically and most of it is very mundane.

But they all have in place procedures when cataclysmic events take place or things out of the ordinary, From what I have seen only the Japanese and Fins stations were on the ball when the tsunami hit and started recording the high level data needed. Problem was that they did not have any stations near the event but they all did record record the same anomaly in the same area of the ocean. They have not been able to tell just what it was. There are a lot of sane people who I deal with believe that the event was cause by a nuclear test that had a greater repercussion than the country that tested it was expecting

here is some of the on line theories

The 2004 Indian Ocean Tsunami Conspiracy: A Nuclear Trigger - Conspiracies.net
BBC NEWS | Programmes | Newsnight | Why did US base escape tsunami?
A Tsunami to Remember
https://www.history.com/news/deadliest-tsunami-2004-indian-ocean

what consperacy theories are there that you might think be true?

razor8

Nov 28, 2017
Don't know about conspiracy, but it is funny that the CIA was arming Bin Laden. Then he was an ally, later a terrorist. Seems a bit fishy, but what the hell do I know.

To be frank, the US has at one time or another directly or covertly sold arms to just about every bad guy there is. I mean you've got to make money right? Later you can then go play world cop.

Reactions: Mansfield

Jumptheshark

Rebooting myself
Oct 12, 2003
Somewhere on Uranus
this could have been an interesting thread--but it quickly turned into the usually "let talks about a certain poster". I came back to this board hoping you guys actually create threads and talk about interesting things as opposed to just creating threads and padding your post count

Conrad McBenis

Bow Down
Jan 10, 2018
Conspiracy theories can be fun to talk about and have discussions that is maybe viable or that it may have happened. With me there is one conspiracy theory that I am starting to believe is in fact real

the boxing day tsunami that his south east asia a few year ago. The conspiracy theory is that is was caused by a nuclear test in the middle of the ocean. When I first heard it I ignore it as being the usual crazy person talk. For context I work for BC fisheries via UBC and my job sometimes takes me all over the world. Including Asia. Every time I go to Asia it seems, people inside my industry are looking at stats and figures taken from the time leading up to the tsunami and afterwards. A problem came out almost at once. There was a problem with the numbers most stations came out with. All over the world there are lots and lots of science station tracking every aspect ocean life and interaction with events in real time. There is a problem with the numbers from about 75% of the stations. When an incident happens people working in this stations have strict protocol in they are supposed to do to start tracking the event in real time and they are to download to separate server the previous 48 to 72 hours of all tracked data from the affected area. Here is where the conspiracy people will jump in. Between the 15th of December and 15th of January, most of these stations are run by what we will call stringers or third liners if you like. In most stations that were closest to the event, the stations were manned by personal who were not trained to deal with an event like this or any event. One of the North Korean stations it is reported that the person in charge of the station hit what could be called the "snooze" button and went to bed. In the 12 hours after the event was the most important for data or information gathering and almost all information that has been confirmed and verified is from 24 to 48 hours after the event because either the proper station personal got to the station to start the proper tracking or in the case of the 3 Hawaiian stations, station managers were able to log in from where they were to start the tracking. But the key places that should have had the best data or information did not start tracking till 12 hours after the event. These stations do more than wait for events to happen, they feed information to ships crossing the different oceans, advise planes of atmospheric changes and other fun stuff like that. Most are done automatically and most of it is very mundane.

But they all have in place procedures when cataclysmic events take place or things out of the ordinary, From what I have seen only the Japanese and Fins stations were on the ball when the tsunami hit and started recording the high level data needed. Problem was that they did not have any stations near the event but they all did record record the same anomaly in the same area of the ocean. They have not been able to tell just what it was. There are a lot of sane people who I deal with believe that the event was cause by a nuclear test that had a greater repercussion than the country that tested it was expecting

A Tsunami to Remember

Learn to have more concise thoughts and format your post you worthless sack of shit.

Takuto Maruki

Ideal and the real
Dec 13, 2016
Brandon, Manitoba
this could have been an interesting thread--but it quickly turned into the usually "let talks about a certain poster". I came back to this board hoping you guys actually create threads and talk about interesting things as opposed to just creating threads and padding your post count

You're implying that The Lounge has been anything other then a hub for shit posting for years.

Reactions: Son Goku

JMCx4

Censorship is the Sincerest Form of Flattery
Sep 3, 2017
St. Louis, MO
I see nothing in this nor in any other semi-current thread of this forum that has tarnished the reputation of the fine ladies & gentlemen - past & present - who have worked so hard and dedicated their every spare moment for so many years to make The Lounge what it is today. Thank you, one & all. :clap:

Stylizer1

SENSimillanaire
Jun 12, 2009
Ottabot City
The assassinations of John Kennedy, Robert Kennedy, Malcolm X, Martin Luther King, Fred Hampton, all in the span of a few years?

The CIA was invented just for this kind of stuff.

Last edited:

JMCx4

Censorship is the Sincerest Form of Flattery
Sep 3, 2017
St. Louis, MO
The assassinations of John Kennedy, Robert Kennedy, Malcolm X, Martin Luther king all in the span of a few years?

The CIA was invented just for this kind of stuff.
You are the indisputable King of Konspiracies. :bow:

brachyrynchos

Apr 10, 2017
The 1993 World Trade bombing was a test run for the 2001 attacks on 9/11.
I happen to think those events go back to 1962's Operation Northwoods, thankfully the CIA has still been influential in the media...Operation Mockingbird (which began in the '50's) sure helped with what we're supposed to believe and think.

Negan4Coach

Fantastic and Stochastic
Aug 31, 2017
Raleigh, NC

A Tsunami to Remember

Thats a mighty fine word salad you have made there.

Rpenny

Feb 23, 2019
All the people around the Clintons. Man a lot of people have died that knew the ins and outs of what the Clintons were doing

Rpenny

Feb 23, 2019
You're implying that The Lounge has been anything other then a hub for **** posting for years.

I lurked here for many years and the lounge was an interesting place where while there ware many crap threads, there were many threads on things like cooking ideas, travel thread where people exchanged ideas on where to go and what to see and there used to be a poster who posted morality conundrums.

Stylizer1

SENSimillanaire
Jun 12, 2009
Ottabot City
I lurked here for many years and the lounge was an interesting place where while there ware many crap threads, there were many threads on things like cooking ideas, travel thread where people exchanged ideas on where to go and what to see and there used to be a poster who posted morality conundrums.
We need the politics board back.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad