Crazier G7 Comeback - Bruins ('13) vs. Sharks ('19)

Crazier Game 7 Comeback?

• Total voters

flamesforcup

Sep 5, 2017
Bruins never had a 5 min pp so probably them but huge credit to the Sharks. I mean scoring 4 goals on one PP to win a game 7? That is never going to happen again in the history of the game whereas im sure there will be more 3 goal comebacks like the bruins.

Reactions: MountSash

Future GOAT

Apr 4, 2017
Well the Sharks comeback was more about Vegas taking an egregious penalty and then shitting the bed.

Sharks do get a lot of credit for lighting them up for 4 though. I'll go with the Sharks.

Diamonddog01

Diamond in the rough
Jul 18, 2007
Vancouver
Bruins by far. SJ’s was directly due to one of the post-season worst calls I’ve ever see. One team earned their comeback and the other team had it gifted to them. Not even close.

LeafsNation75

Jan 15, 2010
Toronto, Ontario
Sharks because they were down 3-1 in the series and in my opinion that makes it look worse for Vegas. Yes that 5:00 penalty should only have been 2:00 instead. However just like Toronto did in 2013 we also saw Vegas blow a three goal 3rd period lead in a Game 7 no matter the circumstances how the Sharks came back. Vegas blowing a 3-1 series lead just makes it look even worse in my opinion. Never mind the fact that in Game 6 Vegas lost in 2OT on a short handed goal against.

Boud

Dec 27, 2011
Leafs were not a very good team compared to Vegas, not that surprising they lost. Especially against the Bruins they can't pull through.

Knave

Mar 6, 2007
Ottawa
Bruins. I mean yeah Vegas could have killed off the penalty but being a man short and getting scored on isn't nearly as big a meltdown. It was the first time a team trailing by 3 goals into the 3rd in game 7 of the playoffs came back and won the game.

Plus when you consider the context of the Boston Marathon bombings a month earlier and the heartache in that city combined with a huge historic come from behind win... you gotta go with Boston.

VinikToWinIt

Number 1 Bull****
Jun 15, 2014
South Florida
Sharks because they were down 3-1 in the series and in my opinion that makes it look worse for Vegas. Yes that 5:00 penalty should only have been 2:00 instead. However just like Toronto did in 2013 we also saw Vegas blow a three goal 3rd period lead in a Game 7 no matter the circumstances how the Sharks came back. Vegas blowing a 3-1 series lead just makes it look even worse in my opinion. Never mind the fact that in Game 6 Vegas lost in 2OT on a short handed goal against.
Disagree.

The game 7 collapses are self-contained. And the Bruins comeback was more impressive because they didn't need a major. Credit to the Sharks for capitalizing regardless.

Trap Jesus

Feb 13, 2012
More impressive, Boston
Crazier, San Jose
Yeah that's exactly how I see it. I just think the controversial major and the novelty of 4 goals on one PP makes things more insane, even if the Bruins started their comeback at the same time the Sharks did (10:42 left in the 3rd for the Bruins, 10:40 left for the Sharks to both go down by 2).

HanSolo

DJ Crazy Times
Apr 7, 2008
Las Vegas
Yeah that's exactly how I see it. I just think the controversial major and the novelty of 4 goals on one PP makes things more insane, even if the Bruins started their comeback at the same time the Sharks did (10:42 left in the 3rd for the Bruins, 10:40 left for the Sharks to both go down by 2).
I think it's even crazier for San Jose because Vegas tied it up in the last minute of play.

treple13

Sep 1, 2013
If you use the word "crazier" than San Jose is the clear answer. They didn't even just score three goals, they scored FOUR! And then gave up a goal. And then still won! Also the major penalty was pretty crazy.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad