Crash Team Racing Nitro-Fueled announced

Rhaegar Targaryen

Jun 25, 2016
I had a lot of fun with this back in the day, but $40 for a remake? Spyro/Crash remakes were three games for $50. Am I missing something?

Blitzkrug

Sep 17, 2013
Winnipeg
It's not worth 40 to 50 bucks if they don't bring it up to today's standards for online multiplayer.

Though to be fair CTR had a surprisingly robust single player mode compared to other kart racers

2018-19 Cup Champs!
Mar 22, 2012
Ohhhh the dream has come true!!!! June 21st though..... :( f*** that's far away.

Rodgerwilco

Entertainment boards w/ some Hockey mixed in.
Feb 6, 2014
Wow, what a shocker here. They choose to omit CTR (a big game that a lot of people wanted) from the Playstation Classic, and now they announce a re-master.

Can't wait to see what other PS Classic omissions will be getting re-masters in the coming months.

Ceremony

blahem
Jun 8, 2012
I saw kart models from Crash Nitro Racing, but I doubt they'd add content from another game. The price definitely seems a bit steep given the N.Sane collection.

2018-19 Cup Champs!
Mar 22, 2012
Man I'm a huge CTR fan, but if it's 40 dollars at launch I'll probably wait a bit for it to come down in price. I remember beating that game's single player in one day several times as a kid. Now I didn't go for all of the relics and stuff like that, but the bosses were beaten easily in one day, probably like 4-6 hours. That's pretty steep, though online multiplayer might be fun too.

Ceremony

blahem
Jun 8, 2012
I saw kart models from Crash Nitro Racing, but I doubt they'd add content from another game. The price definitely seems a bit steep given the N.Sane collection.
I was wrong! They have! And there's gameplay out!

Pay Carl

punished “venom” krejci
Jun 23, 2011
Vermont
Anyone get this?

Really enjoying it so far. The adventure mode is seriously challenging compared to Mario Kart

So much to do

Frankie Spankie

Feb 22, 2009
Dorchester, MA
I'm surprised this came to all systems except PC considering the Crash trilogy came to PC. If the game's going to be locked at 30 fps if/when it gets released on PC though, I'm not interested. I already have Mario Kart on the Switch, no point in downgrading to this. Shame because I loved the original on PSX.

Wild11MN

First round losers
May 28, 2013
MN
I'm having a lot of fun with it. The biggest difference between this and Mario Kart is that skill comes more into play here. When I lose a race, I feel like I did something wrong. In Mario Kart, it can easily be because I got hit with a blue shell with half a lap left and dropped from 1st to 7th in a flash.

I think the campaign mode is quite challenging so far. Love the CTR challenge and the "collect the crystals" challenges too.

Pay Carl

punished “venom” krejci
Jun 23, 2011
Vermont
I'm having a lot of fun with it. The biggest difference between this and Mario Kart is that skill comes more into play here. When I lose a race, I feel like I did something wrong. In Mario Kart, it can easily be because I got hit with a blue shell with half a lap left and dropped from 1st to 7th in a flash.

I think the campaign mode is quite challenging so far. Love the CTR challenge and the "collect the crystals" challenges too.

Completely agree

I love MK but I feel like 95% of the time I play even at 200cc I’m just chilling in first place dangling a shell behind me. It gets boring

CTR you gotta nail certain turns, jumps, etc. You rely less on items and also don’t have to be as defensive as you do in MK

Reactions: Wild11MN

Pay Carl

punished “venom” krejci
Jun 23, 2011
Vermont
I really cannot recommend this game enough

Even if you don't have the nostalgia from playing the original, its just pure fun and is a really tough challenge

There is just so much more to do than in a game like Mario Kart. In MK every character comes unlocked already, every map is unlocked, really the only thing you get are new carts and those are earned just by picking up coins in races

Whereas with CTR, there are unlockable characters, skins for characters, karts, maps, etc. And the best part is there are actual challenges you need to complete in order to earn most of those, like beating a certain boss, beating certain time trials, etc. And there are also some skins, characters, etc. that you can unlock just by spending the currency you earn from each race. And finally the best part is they are doing events where they add new maps, characters, challenges, that you have to unlock during the event duration (kind of like Overwatch)

The customization is awesome too. Each character has different unlockable skins, each actual kart has unlockable paint jobs, decals, designs, etc. If you are a bit of a collector like me there is so much to do. And that's just scratching the surface of the stuff to do really, you could stay busy with this game for years

I haven't even mentioned the mechanics, which took some getting used to, but to me is more challenging/rewarding than MK. You can get some insane breakneck speeds while trying to maintain your boost while drifting

The game is a blast. If you are on the fence give it a shot, you won't regret it

Reactions: x Tame Impala

bambamcam4ever

107 and counting
Feb 16, 2012
I really cannot recommend this game enough

Even if you don't have the nostalgia from playing the original, its just pure fun and is a really tough challenge

There is just so much more to do than in a game like Mario Kart. In MK every character comes unlocked already, every map is unlocked, really the only thing you get are new carts and those are earned just by picking up coins in races

Whereas with CTR, there are unlockable characters, skins for characters, karts, maps, etc. And the best part is there are actual challenges you need to complete in order to earn most of those, like beating a certain boss, beating certain time trials, etc. And there are also some skins, characters, etc. that you can unlock just by spending the currency you earn from each race. And finally the best part is they are doing events where they add new maps, characters, challenges, that you have to unlock during the event duration (kind of like Overwatch)

The customization is awesome too. Each character has different unlockable skins, each actual kart has unlockable paint jobs, decals, designs, etc. If you are a bit of a collector like me there is so much to do. And that's just scratching the surface of the stuff to do really, you could stay busy with this game for years

I haven't even mentioned the mechanics, which took some getting used to, but to me is more challenging/rewarding than MK. You can get some insane breakneck speeds while trying to maintain your boost while drifting

The game is a blast. If you are on the fence give it a shot, you won't regret it
I don't know if you realize this, but locking these things is just used to give the player a sense of satisfaction from overcoming an artificial barrier. I play MK 8 because I enjoy the racing. I've played it more than any other MK despite, as you said, everything being available to you at the start, because it is by far the strongest mechanically in the series.

Last edited:

Pay Carl

punished “venom” krejci
Jun 23, 2011
Vermont
I don't know if you realize this, but locking these things is just used to give the player a sense of satisfaction from overcoming an artificial barrier. I play MK 8 because I enjoy the racing. I've played it more than any other MK despite, as you said, everything being available to you at the start, because it is by far the strongest mechanically in the series.

I am very goal orientated. I like playing MK but I get bored pretty easily playing alone not feeling challenged or working towards anything

I like playing and having fun like you say you do in MK, while also grinding at some bigger goal like earning new carts and characters

Nothing wrong with having both

Reactions: Morozov

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad