10. Leon Draisaitl 7 Prince Albert (WHL) Oct. 27/95 LW L 6'1/178

Link to full top-60 ranking @ TSN.

Lucky7

Dec 26, 2008
Very interesting:

Clarke, Pepin fall and I have it too.
Virtanen is really low, opposite of me.
Cornel, Perlini high, it's nice to see!

I'm now preparing my personal ranking, can't wait to post it !

Lucky7

Dec 26, 2008
One guy I'm surprised that isn't there is De Leo.

Yeah, of course.

De Leo, Ho-Sang, Nikolishin, Yazkov, Audette, Hawryluk, Ehlers, Tomasek ... Are all guys I've in my top 60!.

Great list tough, it's different, it will be very nice at the draft day! Again.

spfan

May 4, 2009
McCann, Virtanen and McKeown are way too low.

Way too early to be bumping Perlini so high already.

Canuck71*

With the way McCann finished off last year and has been on fire this year I don't understand how he isnt higher. Also surprised with how low Spencer Watson and Jake Virtanen are.

I watched Perlini the other night and wasn't overly impressed with his play and certainly didn't think he would be as high as #12 on anybody's list. Maybe I picked a bad game but he didn't dominate against a below average Sarnia team.

I was super hard on Anthony DeAngelo last season but he has improved leaps and bounds this season. He is an offensive force always creating opportunities from the blueline and his defensive game is definitely showing improvement. Look for this guy to be a potential riser, his offensive capabilities are electric.

Lucky7

Dec 26, 2008
With the way McCann finished off last year and has been on fire this year I don't understand how he isnt higher. Also surprised with how low Spencer Watson and Jake Virtanen are.

I watched Perlini the other night and wasn't overly impressed with his play and certainly didn't think he would be as high as #12 on anybody's list. Maybe I picked a bad game but he didn't dominate against a below average Sarnia team.

I was super hard on Anthony DeAngelo last season but he has improved leaps and bounds this season. He is an offensive force always creating opportunities from the blueline and his defensive game is definitely showing improvement. Look for this guy to be a potential riser, his offensive capabilities are electric.

You're right with Watson, Virtanen and McCann, they are a little bit too low IMO.

But for Perlini, I think you havn't watch his best game because he is really good, but not 12th. I have him at 31th for now.

Also right with DeAngelo, an offensive weapons, so dangerous.

YEGJuniorFan

Dec 3, 2009
Edmonton
Interesting that he says Bennett should be in the discussion for 1st overall. I haven't seen him play, what is his game like?

Sidney the Kidney

One last time
Jun 29, 2009
Interesting that he says Bennett should be in the discussion for 1st overall. I haven't seen him play, what is his game like?

Excellent skater, great stickhandler, tenacious in his puck pursuit, sees the ice very well. He's also very responsible defensively and plays with a feisty side. Hard worker, too. I'd say he's more a playmaker than goal scorer, but he does possess a pretty good shot as well.

He seems to have gained a step from last season, where now he's blowing by defensemen on a regular basis. His stickhandling also has improved to the point he's making defensemen look foolish on a regular basis.

I've mentioned it before, and while it might be a stretch, Bennett looks very similar on the ice to his GM, another former #93, in terms of his tenacious play and puck skills.

Spitfire11

Jan 17, 2003
Ontario

His game is complete already. He's a creative offensive forward with a good shot, passing, playmaking, and puck handling skills are excellent. Plays the penalty kill and makes great plays in his own end as well. A chippy player too, agitates, and doesn't shy away from physical play at all often initiating it. I don't know anything about the other top rated guys, but I can certainly see Bennett making a push for 1st. He really doesn't have any weakness that I've noticed other than coming across as being immature. Been the best player on the ice in all the Fronts games I've seen.

Spencer Watson doesn't really stand out much, he's playing with Bennett and Ikonen so he'll rack up the points, but he's an obvious 3rd wheel on that line. Hasn't looked like he should be a 1st rounder at all imo, but who knows.

fredligh

Jan 3, 2011
Iceland
Interesting that he knows these guys so well and still puts their forename wrong, Oscar Lindblom, not Anton Lindblom....

Sidney the Kidney

One last time
Jun 29, 2009
Spencer Watson doesn't really stand out much, he's playing with Bennett and Ikonen so he'll rack up the points, but he's an obvious 3rd wheel on that line. Hasn't looked like he should be a 1st rounder at all imo, but who knows.

Watson's got the best pure sniping ability on that line, and he's got that hockey sense that enables him to find openings in coverage to get those scoring chances that all good goal scorers seem to possess. But Watson's small (he's also got a slender build, so it's not just a height thing), isn't particularly fast, and isn't physical. So while I don't really think he's a leech or a third wheel, his physical attributes probably concern scouts.

That line is basically a perfect compliment for all three players. Watson's the shooter, Bennett's the two-way stud playmaker who creates plays, and Ikonen is the bulldog in the corners who creates space and causes turnovers for the other two.

Mach85

Mar 14, 2013
Seems like Craig spent some time at OHL games this month. OHL players were quite underrepresented last month, even though it's supposed to be a strong year for the league. A lot of movement for them for just a handful of games. Surprised to see Perlini that high, considering he didn't show that much last year.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad