Craig's List- Kakko, Boldy and Kaliyev rise up draft rankings - October 22nd 2018

Zaddy

Feb 8, 2013
Will be interesting to see how his rankings of Turcotte and Newhook age.

JiggsNY

Sep 14, 2016
New York
Will be interesting to see how his rankings of Turcotte and Newhook age.
I think his Turcotte ranking is fine for now. He hasn't played in weeks with an injury, so i can give that a pass, but i do believe Turcotte will go much earlier.

Bonin21

May 1, 2014
Kallionkieli climbing. His rankings are just what have you done for me lately, but at least it's something to look at I guess.

ponder

Jul 11, 2007
Vancouver
Like this list - Kakko, Dach and Boldy all deserve their rise in rankings. Turcotte seems crazy low though.

93LEAFS

Nov 7, 2009
Toronto
I think his Turcotte ranking is fine for now. He hasn't played in weeks with an injury, so i can give that a pass, but i do believe Turcotte will go much earlier.
He's been extremely low for Button for awhile. So, while I think the ranking is a bit ridiculous, its not shocking given he didn't think he was one of the best 19 prospects for this draft in 2019 when he did rankings post 2017 U-17 challenge.

BusQuets

Jul 16, 2010
Hughes still #1? From what i've heard from scouts he will not be there for long.

Frk It

Mo Seider Less Problems
Jul 27, 2010
How anyone still has Broberg over Byram.. I said it at the time and I'll say it again. Broberg is riding the Hlinka like Juolevi rode the WJC.

I don’t get the aversion to ranking Byram higher at all...

93LEAFS

Nov 7, 2009
Toronto
How anyone still has Broberg over Byram.. I said it at the time and I'll say it again. Broberg is riding the Hlinka like Juolevi rode the WJC.
Juolevi was pretty constant in most places from November on. WJC and Memorial helped solidify it, but he wasn't a guy who rose significantly there. HockeyProspect.com had him at 6 in November (where he finished), and Button had him at 14 (to finally rank him at 9). It may have held his stock, but I don't think it dramatically altered it. He was 13 in Bob's pre-season (before he played a single game in London), was 7th mid-season, and finished 6th in Bob's final.

Players ride Hlinka in Button's rankings all the time, but he tends to be an anomaly.

Reactions: MasterMatt25

Pavel Buchnevich

Drury and Laviolette Must Go
Dec 8, 2013
New York
Why do people listen to this guy? He puts crazy emphasis on certain international tournaments that he happens to watch. It doesn't appear like he watches many club games for these players.

He's entitled to his opinion, but he's no expert. Does he even work on a daily basis in prospect analysis or does he work part time at TSN and tune into the big tournaments like fans and make a call or two here or there to scouts because he has contacts in the industry? TSN does their viewers a big disservice trotting this guy out as their prospect expert.

Reactions: kroypuck

SAM STEVENS

Oct 21, 2018
Button needs to unbutton his pants because he is full of hot air... This guy I hear is buddies with Hughes dad maybe that's why the heavy pimping.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->