Craig Button's mock draft

NewEraGM

Jun 19, 2010
So he did a mock draft of just the top 14 picks and I think this guy is out to left field on alot of his picks. Here are those picks...

Oilers take RNH
Avalanche take Huberdeau
Panthers take Landeskog
Devils take Murphy
Islanders take Strome
Senators take Larsson
Thrashers take Couturier
Blue Jackets take Beaulieu
Bruins take Oleksiak
Wild take Baertschi
Avalanche take Pumpel
Hurricanes take Zibanejad
Flames take Phillips
Stars take Hamilton

In bold, you got the ones that I think are out of place

Last edited:

Brock Anton

flames #badnwagon
Nov 8, 2009
Westerly, RI
Well, if the Devils really want a puck moving defenseman, none are better in this draft than Ryan Murphy.

The Islanders have had plenty of chances to draft a highly touted defenseman in the past (ie. Schenn, Hedman, Fowler) and passed each time. I wouldn't be shocked to see them pass up Larsson if he fell to them.

The Sens would go BPA probably at that point. Larsson would be too good to pass up I would think.

I could easily see the Bruins taking Oleksiak.

Puempel, yes looks high. But he has great scoring ability, his injury may scare people. But all it takes is for one team to like you. But I agree it may be too high for him.

Agreed on Hamilton, I don't think he drops THAT far, he may drop but not that far.

The Angry Teatowel

@AngryTeatowel
Aug 11, 2009
Kent, UK
www.eurolanche.com
I think Craig's just spitting out names, doesn't really make much sense with his analysis, imho.

http://www.tsn.ca/draftcentre/feature/?id=507

Indeed. He lost any remaining shred of credibility when he had the Avs taking Huberdeau 2nd overall. His reasoning also fails - if the Avs want a responsible, 2 way winger, surely they'd take Landeskog before him? That and Larsson falling to 6th is just laughable.

boredmale

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 13, 2005
Seems like Button made this list trying to please Canadian teams(ie how can I get a top 3 player to fall to Ottawa)

Tap on the Ankle

Jun 9, 2004
Ottawa
Given how solid our collection of defensive prospects are looking and how non-existent our forward prospects are, I'm kinda hoping Larrson doesn't fall to us.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad