Craig Button's Final Rankings

ahmon

Jun 25, 2002
Visit site
Some of the stats look off.

Good to see Keller in more top 10 lists now.

Imo the canucks should consider tkachuk, keller, dubois in that order for the pick.

Hopefully Brackett knows his usdp hockey and convinces management that its not only tkachuk or dubois.

Tobi Wan Kenobi

May 25, 2011
Vancouver
Some of the stats look off.

Good to see Keller in more top 10 lists now.

Imo the canucks should consider tkachuk, keller, dubois in that order for the pick.

Hopefully Brackett knows his usdp hockey and convinces management that its not only tkachuk or dubois.

Yeah I've been with you on Keller all year but why would you take him over Dubois? Dubois brings so much to the table and has the potential to impact the game in every single facet.

M2Beezy

Objective and Neutral Hockey Commentator
Sponsor
May 25, 2014
Yeah I've been with you on Keller all year but why would you take him over Dubois? Dubois brings so much to the table and has the potential to impact the game in every single facet.

Agreed. Keller will be great but Dubois is even better. Just like if Pullji is available u take him

SgtToody

Mar 16, 2013
I don't believe he has. My personal choice I would like to see the Canucks pick at #5 would be Pierre-Luc Dubois, but I think we are going to have to trade picks with the Oilers to get him. Dubois is the BPE to play in the Western Conferrance who bings Hockey IQ, elite skating & multi skills at the center position.

If Dubois is gone when we pick, I think the next BPA to play in the west is Chychrun, not Matthew Tkachuk. Chychrun also brings high hockey IQ, elite skating and multiple skills to the defense. The next most important position to fill after center & I think Chychrun has top pairing potential.

All three players are top line/top pairing potential players. If we were talking east conference, I would have Tkachuk ahead of Chychrun. Tkachuk lacks the elite skating of the other two, but matches their hockey IQ and multi skill set. He's not a bad skater, just not at the elite level. He is a power forward which is also a tough position to find elite players to fill.

In the west I think high hockey IQ, size and skating are far more critical than in the east.
I think at 5 the BPA is Keller, and Buttons reaffirms my faith with his assessment.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad