Craig Button's 2010 re-draft

ocarina

May 23, 2009
Some of you guys need to wake up and finally figure out that Button had his re-draft based on max potential and not their current streaks or seasons. Seguin has a lot more tools in his toolbox then Hall does, Johanssen has the potential to be a 6'3 1st line center and Tinordi has the potential to be a 6'7 defensive beast with great skating. Only time will tell if Button is right and you guys are the joke.

His track record with the Flames gives little reason to take his rankings seriously.

I mean really? Tinordi has a so-so season and gets bumped into the top 10? That makes no sense.

Meatwagon

Blues=Overrated
Nov 15, 2010
Bi-polar Express
Yeah that redraft is pretty bad. Hall is and still should be #1. sequin is going to be a great player but once Hall and RNH develop some chemistry I think you can pencil him for 35 and 40 for the foreseeable future.

Full disclaimer, Blues fan here.....the fact Tarasenko is 6th on this list is short bus special. He was rated the 5th best prospect in the world and he is #6 in his draft year:huh???

Schwartz should be a top ten IMO, he's a top player for canda's WJC going forward definitely a first liner and could lead the team next year in pts. He was on pace in his FRESHMAN year to break a ton of NCAA scoring records. Led a average team in scoring, highest scoring freshman since Parise and is the front runner for the hobey baker next year(which honestly I hope he doesn't win, don't want him jinxed). How the hell is skinner not #3? What has Campell done to be that high other than getting destroyed in the OHL? Tindori is a good player but he should be around 15.

IDK what this guy is smoking, but I want some(unless it's crack):sarcasm:

ORRMAN

Dec 3, 2008
Some of you guys need to wake up and finally figure out that Button had his re-draft based on max potential and not their current streaks or seasons. Seguin has a lot more tools in his toolbox then Hall does, Johanssen has the potential to be a 6'3 1st line center and Tinordi has the potential to be a 6'7 defensive beast with great skating. Only time will tell if Button is right and you guys are the joke.

/\
THIS

redbull

Boss
Mar 24, 2008

regardless, it's still a stupid exercise after 1-2 seasons, especially when most of the players (including Seguin) really haven't made the rosters in any key role just yet. What maximum potential did Datsyuk show at 19, 20, 21 or even 22? What about the Sedins?

Are we convinced Cam Fowler was such a steal just yet? Was Del Zotto? Do we know anything at all about these guys after a season to re-draft with any more insights?

Would Skinner be the FIRST rookie to take a step backwards in years 2-3-4-5?

I'm not suggesting Button is wrong about the redraft, I'm simply saying he doesn't know...so the whole article is stupid and TSN shouldn't even have run it. That's Eklund-level material - TSN should know better.

And if anyone thinks Seguin is better than Hall then they're just not paying attention. Might that change one day? Maybe. But today, it's not remotely close who's better.

Jamin

Aug 25, 2009
Anal? Might want to take a look in the mirror for that one. I'm not the one getting my panties in a twist because someone had the gall to rate my teams prospect lower then someone else's.

Also, you should pay more attention to the conversation, the reason "matching against other teams top players" is more then relevant, and worded specifically the way it was was because we were discussing defensive games. Obviously seeing far more time then a kid like Seguin did and playing on a higher line due to a lack of depth in front of him, Hall would see more top pairings then Seguin (though it's laughable to assume every team was worried about matching top pairings against him), but that's got little to do with his defensive game now does it. He also saw far more action against second string goalies then a kid like Seguin or even Skinner did as well, but again, that is neither here nor there.

As for how many games I watched, enough to form an opinion. Specifically, probably 10-15 full games and many more partial (NHLCI is a helluva drug). See, I like the Oilers. I like the kids coming in, I like their speed, and I like the fact that their lack of adherence to any real system combined with the low expectations really allow for some creative hockey to be played. It's refreshing.

Silly question... but how many did you watch? Not many if you don't realize Hemsky went down just 1 game before Hall did at the end of the season, or were you being extremely literal when you said "watched a single game" (cause there was only a single game I could of watched in which Hall played after Hemsky went down, get it, funny, I know).... and you're an Oiler fan?

You know what, nevermind, keep calling everyone an idiot, or a horrible journalist, or a braindead scout who suggests that the gap between Tyler and Taylor isn't all that far apart. Tyler ain't even mad...

Boston-Bruins-Stanley-Cup-Tyler-Seguin-Touch.jpg

See when you watch 80 instead of 15 you realized Hemsky was injured several times throughout the season, pretty much banged up the whole year. Also my panties are in a twist? Im doing a few sentence reponse and you have a few essays already on this page, someone is investing more time then the other. The entire thread minus Bruin fans agreed and then you took over the thread the last few pages, notice how it is completely dead.

Edit: They also said Oilers got the steal of the second round in Curtis Hamilton, people were only mad at the reasons given. If he said Seguin has more potential Ok its his job whatever. Saying he needs a centre is not a criticism

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad