Value of: Craig Anderson

pown

We are team
Oct 12, 2013
Ottawa
Hes been better this year then last, we arent exacly bursting with NHL ready goalies here bro...why?

stempniaksen

Oct 12, 2008
I still don't see a fit for him out there honestly. I think the odds are better he's bought out than traded. Guy hasn't won a game since December 12th, he's either toast or completely checked out (wouldn't blame him, but that's not a great look either).

I wouldn't pay to move his contract given where the Senators are at in the rebuild, but I'd sure as heck move him for just about anything in the way of positive assets (mid/late pick, D prospect with limited NHL upside, ect).

Taluss

Jul 28, 2018
NYC
What is Ottawa going to do in net? Do you have a better alternative? He’s down to 1 year left?

Dont even remember writing that quote honestly. I feel like that was after a night of drinking and watching the Sens loose.

Anyways we are kinda f***ed now. We should have got rid of him before the tdl when his value was as high as it would be. Didn't really make any sence to keep him.

Extend Nilsson as a stop gap until Gus can come up and have Condon as backup is what I would have done.

Last edited:

derriko

Mar 7, 2009
Las Vegas
Retain him 50% and I think there will be a couple of suitors at next years TDL. That would also allow Ottawa 3/4's of a season to see if Hogberg could cut it as a backup in the NHL. If he treads water on what will be a team just as bad as this year, then move Anderson. Gustavsson is still probably 2 more years out.

Next years TDL:
Retain + trade Anderson for a ~3rd-4th
See what you have in Hogberg
Maybe get an AHL starter / filler to play some games and ease the load on the Hog.

Patagonia

Keep Whining
Jan 6, 2017
I still don't see a fit for him out there honestly. I think the odds are better he's bought out than traded. Guy hasn't won a game since December 12th, he's either toast or completely checked out (wouldn't blame him, but that's not a great look either).

I wouldn't pay to move his contract given where the Senators are at in the rebuild, but I'd sure as heck move him for just about anything in the way of positive assets (mid/late pick, D prospect with limited NHL upside, ect).

I think he returns. Sens defence is terrible and after getting bombarded all season, he was expected to regress after a strong start. There are not too many options for UFAs willing to play in this environment. Keep him for his final season or maybe next TDL he might return something from a playoff team seeking a backup goalie.

GoldenSeal

Believe In The Note
Dec 1, 2013
Out West
I think he's worth his contract on a more put together contender team or one with a sound D corps. I bet some of them would love him, even as a backup, on the team.

danielpalfredsson

youtube dot com /watch?v=CdqMZ_s7Y6k
Aug 14, 2013
There aren't a lot of good UFA options in goal. Teams know they need depth in net.

Anderson will get a 3rd round pick from someone if the Sens move him at the draft.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad