Value of: Craig Anderson

Ivan13

Not posting anymore
May 3, 2011
Zagreb, Croatia
A 37-year-old coming off a sub .900 season, signed for 2 years?

Yeah no one's trading assets for that...without any additional incentive

This isn't to crap on Ottawa, but if I'm Anderson and I'm not traded, I'd rather retire than try to backstop that gong show for a couple years. It promises to be miserable, dramatic, and futile.
And walk out on 5.5mil in 18/19 and additional 4 the next season? Those 9.5mil represent almost 25% of his career earnings. I know I wouldn't walk away.

Advanced stats

May 26, 2010
And walk out on 5.5mil in 18/19 and additional 4 the next season? Those 9.5mil represent almost 25% of his career earnings. I know I wouldn't walk away.
Wow I didn't know the contract was that stupid.. who pays a 38 year old that much :huh:

TGWL

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 28, 2011
a 37 year old coming off his worst season of his career, and one of the worst goalies last year (48th in save%, 48th in GAA) signed for 2 more years at 4.75M?

Significant negative value until he proves last season was an aberration.

Don't blame him, I picked him in Fantasy Hockey. It's really all my fault.

HawkeyTalkMan

Jun 23, 2015
They are retaining on Phaneuf right now. As long as a trade saves them money I'm not sure he cares about retention in the least.

I think the consensus is that Anderson needs to have retention to even make him moveable given his age and decline last year. A team will not be looking for him to be a starter. Best case scenario is a team dumps a mid or lower pick on him with retention to let him platoon with another goalie or back up

Devilsrock17

Jun 20, 2018
Well the Islanders would be the ideal fit if he was to be traded. But if you look at what the Penguins did signing Jarry to a 2 year 2 way deal meaning he could be sent down and Murray plays better with a veteran goalie cause two young goalies didn't work out as they planned so maybe Pittsburgh but I would love to see him in Edmonton.

Crosside

Aug 1, 2018
Witch trade you will like the most Anderson +Dzingle+Harper vs Talbot or Allen or Schneider or Dubnyk

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad